**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5 or 6* Shang-Chi?

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
I've been pulling featured 5 and 6* crystals lately. I've been looking mainly for either Shang-Chi specifically or some synergy pieces when pulling the 6* ones, and some synergy pieces from the 5* one. However, to my surprise, I ended up pulling a 5* Shang-Chi.

So now I have a weird problem. Yeah, obviously I'm thrilled with pulling him. However, should I still continue to buy featured 6*s or back down to regular ones? I have enough 5*s that I can comfortably focus on featured 5* crystals, but my roster of 6*s (at least good 6*s) is still fairly small and I don't know if it's better to buy three regular 6* crystals instead of two featured ones. Shang-Chi, Jabari Panther (both because I need a good skill champ and because she synergizes well with Tigra, Elsa, Apocalypse and Archangel) and Deadpool X-Force (I need him for his Nick Fury synergy) were the main reason I went after them, but with Shang-Chi now in my roster (albeit as a 5*) that crystal has lost some of its shine.

Then there's also the issue of awakening him. I have three generic 5* awakening gems so that is perfectly doable, but pulling him twice from the 6* featured crystal seems like too tall an order for me without some insane luck. Does he need his dupe? I couldn't really tell from reading through it. I guess activating abilities through block can be really useful?

Sorry for rambling a bit, but I'm basically just looking for advice. Should I go back to just opening regular 6* crystals or should I continue to open featured ones despite already owning a 5* Shang-Chi that I can awaken immediately?