**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

One-hour "grace period" for SOP quest but not the objectives

When yesterday's Week 8 Summer of Pain quest ended, I was still in the quest and a one-hour countdown timer appeared. I had been trying to finish up my 3rd objective, and once I assured myself that the one-hour timer on the quest was legit (I backed out multiple times and even restarted the game) then I proceeded to finish the quest, which involved spending substantial items (due to my lack of skill relative to the difficulty). But the objective was grayed out by that time and unable to be claimed. I stand at 22/23 points as of the end of SOP week 8.

Why would the quest remain open but the rewards become unavailable? We all know that 1 gold is not the main reward for this quest.

I realize I was late in completing the quest. If there was a grace period for the objective like there was for the quest, then I would love to receive the missing point. But if not, then I believe it was terribly misleading to keep the quest open with no rewards available, and I would like to have my wasted items replaced.

Comments

• Options
    GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109
    Zan0 said:

The grace period was there and still allowed you to get the point for first time completion. The objectives on the other hand had a separate timer

Not misleading at all. You lost your items and will not have them replaced since this is on you and not the game

This is commonly known info? What's the source please?
  • Options
    Batman_bruce31Batman_bruce31 Posts: 210 ★★
    It's your fault to wait till the last moment to do stuff.
  • Options
    GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109

It's your fault to wait till the last moment to do stuff.

My fault was acknowledged in the OP. Thanks for your insight.
  • Options
    Zeroj2kZeroj2k Posts: 146
    So you checked the quest timer but not the objective timer

The Quest can tell your in the process of completing by having champs locked in but objectives are separate - they were there for 168 hours
  • Options
    There's no mechanism for extending the timer of an objective (or of a Solo/Ally Event for that matter) based on what else you are doing in game. Only way is if they change it across the board for everyone.

Whereas, if you are inside of a quest, most quests do not automatically just kick you out. Doesn’t mean that the timer for the quest has changed, just that you are allowed to continue on inside the quest for an additional amount of time (how much depends on what type of quest it is).