**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is there an iso/gold shortage?

SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
For players whose roster focus is now on 6 stars?

Is there an iso/gold shortage? 214 votes

Yes
62%
SnakeEyes69Indrick781TreoCaptain_007_heruheru511zuffyjdrum663Noodes_Jwallace25MSRDLDNightCrackerthanks4playingFitnesscwEyeballtat2doubl3b3atOliverJW16wegnerkNojokejaymSceptilemaniacTotal_Domin01 134 votes
No
37%
GroundedWisdomdanielmathLeNoirFaineantMagicBentonxNigAddyosAce_03JadedAzKicker316Wakandas_FinestallinashesTristanSpeedbumpTheVyrusSungjUnyonfaceThereticYoMovesKnorr7227Odachi 80 votes

Comments

• SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Yes

Gold? Nah sitting on 17m

But iso
    😭 0

Yeah I have a couple hundred uncollected gold crystals too, will have more after the conversion thing this month. My bottleneck has been iso for a long time now.
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    Yes
    Just ISO for me. My first r3 completely cleared me out of Mystic ISO and my next r3 threatens to do the same to my Mutant ISO.

Would be a nice feature if you could trade some crystals directly for a specific class of ISO. The closest we have to that is the class crystals but since those are 50/50 I often get a load for a class I'm not ready to rank yet and it's a waste.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Yes

Gold? Nah sitting on 17m

But iso
    😭 0

I had to burn 2k units on cavs just to get Iso for my new 2 or 3 R3s tomorrow... 🤦‍♂️
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    There is a point that you will start to run out of gold after you start to form multiple T5CC as you’re ranking champs up so rapidly. It’s more a case of the change of pace of your rank ups than a gold shortage. It’ll balance back out after that initial rush.
  • Blah_99292Blah_99292 Posts: 6
    No
    I'm low on both but really I feel that thats down to me just being lazy. Haven't cleared any big content in a while and don't do arena or incursions at all.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★
    No
    Iso expiring left and right, selling to not lose any value.. so sitting on 78mil gold, I have champions to rank up but limited rank up resources.. :/
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    No
    Plenty of gold and iso, just not really rushing to rank up champs I won't use.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Running out of gold, but i have loads of crystals tryna hold out for next week. And iso, im alright.
  • whatitdobaybwhatitdobayb Posts: 40
    Definitely in a gold shortage. Honestly acquiring the copious amounts of gold and iso to level my champions is holding me back more than acquiring the “beyond god-tier” champions.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Yes
    In a top 30 alliance. I rarely spend and my iso is never what it used to be at this point.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    No
    people with iso shortage tend to be people who are hoarding champ crystals for mass openings or for specific champs added to the crystals.
    people with gold problems dont want to waste time in arena just to get a few mill gold that takes weeks to get. to only be wasted on 1 champ in seconds lol
    and if you have both gold and iso, probably low on class cats or alphas lol..

just the way she goes, if you are making vids/money off the game or have mysterious amount of free time, you cant have it all :'(
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    No
    It's just my bad resource management and the fact I sold most of my 4 star roster that I have iso shortage now.
  • Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★
    No
    It’s comes and goes.
    If my big 6* rank ups happen too close together they both deplete real quick. But when I shift to smaller rank ups in between I’m plentiful of both.

So it’s just a matter of managing resources as needed.

T4cc seems to hurt me most, I’m either in the overflow of classes I don’t need or literally nothing of the classes I do need
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    No
    Probably not a fair vote from me as I haven’t made a significant rank up in a month
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    No
    ppl without gold/iso issues are facing shortage somewhere.

I have 30m gold plus 1000 gold crystals and 3000 tier 3/4/5 ISOs, but insufficient rank up resources. Mostly T2A.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,215 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I have plenty rankup material but no iso.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,071 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Iso
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    No
    It depends a little. I rarely have a problem ranking up champions as long as I don't do too many rank-ups within the same class too close together. R3'ing my Warlock this last Level Up Event dried up my Tech ISO completely so I'll have to wait for more before ranking up my Punisher 2099.

That said, I feel like my ISO has improved significantly with the introduction of the dual crystals. I save up all of my 4* shards and just use them when I need more ISO from a specific class.

I'm down to about 2 million gold for the first time this year after some hefty rank-ups, but the gold boost event will fix that since I have a bunch of crystals saved up.

If you have the option to grind out the featured arena, you eventually get a full champ (both a 3 and a 4*) and not just the 1 sig point version that was in the arena before. That's a fairly good and reliable source of ISO for me. Plus, units and gold. I try to run both featured arenas each week and that keeps me fairly topped up in the various resources.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I’m struggling on iso and Idk about gold I got 4 million gold but I got over 1.4K golden crystals, 100 gg crystals and 600 ug crystals. So if they did the 20% gold event I will be extremely up on gold.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Ercarret said:

It depends a little. I rarely have a problem ranking up champions as long as I don't do too many rank-ups within the same class too close together. R3'ing my Warlock this last Level Up Event dried up my Tech ISO completely so I'll have to wait for more before ranking up my Punisher 2099.

That said, I feel like my ISO has improved significantly with the introduction of the dual crystals. I save up all of my 4* shards and just use them when I need more ISO from a specific class.

I'm down to about 2 million gold for the first time this year after some hefty rank-ups, but the gold boost event will fix that since I have a bunch of crystals saved up.

If you have the option to grind out the featured arena, you eventually get a full champ (both a 3 and a 4*) and not just the 1 sig point version that was in the arena before. That's a fairly good and reliable source of ISO for me. Plus, units and gold. I try to run both featured arenas each week and that keeps me fairly topped up in the various resources.

When’s the gold event?
    Yes
    For everyone who's okay on iso, I do have a question, what is the best place to get shards/iso? I can't keep up even if I only use only class iso exclusively.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    No
    Pro tips…

Gold shortage - arena
    Iso shortage - open crystals from arenas

There is so much gold in game at the minute I am waiting for the day we can exchange it for something useful. Buying aq tickets with gold was one of best improvements in long time
    Yes

For everyone who's okay on iso, I do have a question, what is the best place to get shards/iso? I can't keep up even if I only use only class iso exclusively.

Can you chill disagree spammer? I asked a question.
  • Trizzy_MillzTrizzy_Millz Posts: 30
    Yes
    Absolutely

I think I have a pretty good roster of r5/5* and 6*.

Ranking up a 5* champ from rank 3 to 5 takes 2 million gold. Ranking from rank 1 to 4 takes 1.4 million gold. Ranking a 6* from pop to max rank 2 is about 2 million.

Kabam has been preaching roster diversity for years now. It's December 2021 and they just changed Cav monthly from class specific, to Tag specific benefits. I have to monthly, refocus my ranking options based on upcoming events.

While I do think this is great for maximizing use of all the champions and keeps the game fresh. I NEED MORE GOLD. 2 new champs per month along with anybody I pull that I wanted for a year or more. I have to use about 6 million gold per month, just to keep up with what's being released. And that's only for 5/3 champs. For any cavalier, variant or act 6 or later content, you'd be hard pressed to make it out with just those. You actually can't in some spots because of gates.

Incursions can get you about 1.2 mil a month if done consistently.
    I personally complete cav, Uncollected and Master and it feels like I pull ~ 2 million after all of those.
    If you're running War and AQ, you should be pulling in around, let's be generous 500k.

You're telling me I have to pull 2.5 million in gold through arenas and chips? I actually lose some gold in Catalyst and T4B arenas.
    We need either more gold, no gold cost for rank up gems, or a reduction to rank up costs. I feel like removing the rank-up gem gold cost is the best option. You don't change any game Mets but reward players for completing once-only content.

To all those saying, you don't have to rank every single champion. While true, it goes against exactly what Kabam is trying to encourage. So you can argue the mirror if you want.