**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hercules bug adjustment

GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
edited August 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Totally understand that some bugs take longer to catch/fix than others but when something is fixed it's always communicated. The Hercules sp3 tanking fix without any mention anywhere is a bit frustrating. Obviously that is/was just one part of his kit but a lot of people had that in mind when buying his crystals and the fix comes after his crystal is over, conveniently. I know that kabam is dealing with a lot right now with just trying to make the game work but as the community has always stated before one of the major things we have always wanted is communication.....

if this adjustment was made months or a year after release I would think that no compensation should be necessary but he was released a few weeks ago and a part of his kit is different, again with no mention. His sp3 tanking ability was even part of his showcase.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    That's a never-ending argument. If they fix a bug immediately, it's called a cash grab. If they fix it later, they say it should be left.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    It's shady imo, and further lowers my confidence in corporate.

I don't think the sp3 tanking was intentional, but the wording was vague enough to make the belief understandable. Reasonable, even. Especially when sp3 tanking was shown off multiple times in CCP showoff previews, which further reinforced the belief. Surely somebody at Kabam tested sp3 interaction, right?

The ability could be considered a selling point, but I don't remember any disclaimers that he was bugged when his crystals were sold. In the least, this shows negligence and lack of care, at most, it shows inconsiderate greed.

Personally I think it would've been better PR to acknowledge that the ability was badly worded, and to just leave the ability in. If people have to worry over every featured Cav they buy, they'll just stop buying Cavs.

Well, I'll certainly be more hesitant buying Cavs in the future, at least. Especially if "stay quiet and silently 'fix' the thing after we gottem" is Kabam's modus operandi. Not to mention all the 'silencing' that went on.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Totally agree, I'm more upset at the ZERO communication about it. Communication has been the weakest part about this game since day one.