**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

TB Newb question - which arena crystals do YOU buy?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,670 ★★★★
All -

Trying to figure out if I bump up to opening TB Arena crystals from UC. Guessing the experience will be similar - over time better simply due to the higher level punisher, but same unit drop rate means same results long term. However, in the near term high highs and low lows since you have less chances to generate results.

Practically speaking, as a TB which ones do you buy? Basic, Uncollected, or TB?

Thanks

Comments

• TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Basic. Just doesn't feel rewarding grinding for x amount of hours to only open a small number of crystals. I'd change my mind if the rewards averaged out to be significantly different between the tiers but they don't.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Basic if you in need one unit or the 10k depending how but need unit if you need gold TB
  • StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    If you’re hunting units, better to open the regular arena crystals. More crystals = greater probability of getting units from some. There’s an equation to prove that, but my brain is fried at the moment so I’ll leave that to someone else.

Uncollected and TB arena crystals have the same odds as normal, but you’d have fewer crystals so odds of pulling gold > units with fewer attempts.

The only reason to bankroll the others is to hunt the 5 and 6* Punisher
  • WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 778 ★★★
    Uncollected cause that’s what I am rn
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    I go for the uncollected crystals. Open 10 at a time (100k battlechips)
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,670 ★★★★

If you’re hunting units, better to open the regular arena crystals. More crystals = greater probability of getting units from some. There’s an equation to prove that, but my brain is fried at the moment so I’ll leave that to someone else.

Uncollected and TB arena crystals have the same odds as normal, but you’d have fewer crystals so odds of pulling gold > units with fewer attempts.

The only reason to bankroll the others is to hunt the 5 and 6* Punisher

Gamer said:

Basic if you in need one unit or the 10k depending how but need unit if you need gold TB

Thanks. Units definitely are my priority as they are depleted with my 6.2-6.4 run. Have more gold than I know what to do with. Would never rank Punisher anyways.
  • Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Basic. I hoarded almost 4.5 million for this past 4th of July and popped uncollected and got about 6800. Way below average and felt really crappy being that unlucky. So I'm fine opening a massive amount to reduce the chance of getting unlucky.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    The only reason id go tb is if I didn't want to open thousands of basics. If I have 100k or more then I go uncollected, mostly stick to basic.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Basic for reliability, UC for brevity, TB for fun.