**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Tone Deaf or Something Else?

StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
edited August 2021 in General Discussion
I’d like to approach this topic very carefully and ensure that it builds a supportive discussion and not lead to everyone just bashing the current state of the game….

With SoP, we’ve seen some of the most challenging solo content introduced this year and certainly some of the greatest rewards. We have also seen these ongoing game mechanic issues that presented during said solo challenge.

I appreciate, to some extent, that we have received a handful of AQ and AW resources as there has been need for them recently. What brought on the concerns I would like to bring to light was the rapid redistribution of a War compensation package almost immediately after the AQ potions and revives were sent by mistake. Good on Kabam for admitting fault and redistributing the intended compensation.

However, what stands out was the ability to create this new compensation package ON A DIME. It is clear that SoP requires an abundance of solo potions and revives for many players in order to clear the content before it ends. The failure to provide these type of items in compensation seems willful with the intention to force players to purchase units in order to redeem more solo resources. The AW bundle was literally compiled and distributed in ~30-45 minutes, but the true parry/dex compensation will not be distributed until the end of the month. Conveniently, the end of the month is also the conclusion of SoP and the utility of solo resources would no longer be in such high demand. This neglect to provide the items needed (and abundantly requested) seems intentional now because they’ve proven a custom compensation package can easily be modified and distributed.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope that kabam would value their player base enough not to penalize them in this manner. I hope this thread can remain civil and constructive as well.

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★

I’d like to approach this topic very carefully and ensure that it builds a supportive discussion and not lead to everyone just bashing the current state of the game….

With SoP, we’ve seen some of the most challenging solo content introduced this year and certainly some of the greatest rewards. We have also seen these ongoing game mechanic issues that presented during said solo challenge.

I appreciate, to some extent, that we have received a handful of AQ and AW resources as there has been need for them recently. What brought on the concerns I would like to bring to light was the rapid redistribution of a War compensation package almost immediately after the AQ potions and revives were sent by mistake. Good on Kabam for admitting fault and redistributing the intended compensation.

However, what stands out was the ability to create this new compensation package ON A DIME. It is clear that SoP requires an abundance of solo potions and revives for many players in order to clear the content before it ends. The failure to provide these type of items in compensation seems willful with the intention to force players to purchase units in order to redeem more solo resources. The AW bundle was literally compiled and distributed in ~30-45 minutes, but the true parry/dex compensation will not be distributed until the end of the month. Conveniently, the end of the month is also the conclusion of SoP and the utility of solo resources would no longer be in such high demand. This neglect to provide the items needed (and abundantly requested) seems intentional now because they’ve proven a custom compensation package can easily be modified and distributed.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope that kabam would value their player base enough not to penalize them in this manner. I hope this thread can remain civil and constructive as well.

The war/AQ stuff isn't based off of items lost because of the bug. Its just to supplement you playing the game mode. The big package is based off of how far reaching the bug costs players in terms of items used. They couldn't evaluate this until after the hotfix. Even then, some are still having issues. So that evaluation takes a while.

You're right in saying a care package doesn't take long to put together but they are for different purposes.
    I think OPs point is that during AQ we had care packages to supplement us playing. During AW we will have care packages to supplement us playing. So why during SoP did we not have care packages to support us playing?
    My opinion on that is that they told us to hold off on solo content as much as possible. I feel like they know SoP is still going and it's hard content and they'll take that into what they will give us but story and variant content isn't going anywhere.

I think they should explain it a bit more myself but this is just me seeing what they're doing with the comp packages.we have got and assuming that's the reason.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

The war/AQ stuff isn't based off of items lost because of the bug. Its just to supplement you playing the game mode. The big package is based off of how far reaching the bug costs players in terms of items used. They couldn't evaluate this until after the hotfix. Even then, some are still having issues. So that evaluation takes a while.

You're right in saying a care package doesn't take long to put together but they are for different purposes.
    I think OPs point is that during AQ we had care packages to supplement us playing. During AW we will have care packages to supplement us playing. So why during SoP did we not have care packages to support us playing?
    My opinion on that is that they told us to hold off on solo content as much as possible. I feel like they know SoP is still going and it's hard content and they'll take that into what they will give us but story and variant content isn't going anywhere.

I think they should explain it a bit more myself but this is just me seeing what they're doing with the comp packages.we have got and assuming that's the reason.
    Yeah if anyone was asking for compensation for act 6 or variants I'd have a different outlook, but if it's SoP or Cav EQ I feel temporary content is a little different.

My other take on this is that what if someone goes into this week of SoP with little to no resources and doesn't have the ability to grind out enough revives that they would lose in the bug? You can't rely on the compensation to come as it's after the event, you can't complete the quest due to the bug, what can be done there?
    I don't disagree with you. I think they should another smaller package like did a few weeks ago.
    I wasn't saying you were, apologies if it was coming across like I was trying to persuade you otherwise, I was just adding to what you were saying :)
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Better to keep expectations low and be pleasantly surprised than keep over-the top expectations and be destined for disappointment.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Kabam Should extend the timer on this, let us at least farm resources , if we cant even have the time to use the compensation
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

DrZola said:

Good points all around, but I will add this:

The longer it takes to put together the comprehensive relief package for absolutely screwing the game up for a significant number of players (some of whom still have issues), the more extensive and jaw-dropping that relief package needs to be.

It’s not an overstatement to say the pressure is on. And it’s not the community’s doing—it’s the game’s.

Dr. Zola

I think it will be bigger than last year for sure. But I also wish people would actually take a realistic approach to what it might be. Way to many people are expecting units and that's just not going to happen. I expect a bunch of revives and pots for all game modes. I think there will be shards as well.

Like last year, I think they'll include apology stuff too but I'm not ready to say we're getting 6* nexus'.
    A bunch of revives and pots, but to quote you, lets take a realistic approach here, what would be the point of all those items, if SOP will already be done by then?
    Yea he said he thinks another small package should be sent.
  • Options
    Neev_4321Neev_4321 Posts: 133

DrZola said:

Good points all around, but I will add this:

The longer it takes to put together the comprehensive relief package for absolutely screwing the game up for a significant number of players (some of whom still have issues), the more extensive and jaw-dropping that relief package needs to be.

It’s not an overstatement to say the pressure is on. And it’s not the community’s doing—it’s the game’s.

Dr. Zola

I hope I'm not being dramatic when I say that I actually don't think there's been an issue that affected this much in the game before, in terms of widespread impact on both number of players, amount of game modes and general gameplay.

The overheating was apple players, freezing and crashing in the past wasn't this widespread. I don't remember any bug having to shut down AW seasons in the manner it has, or any bug causing weekly compensation packages to literally get us through AQ. If anything this big has happened before, feel free to correct me, I may have forgotten.
    @BitterSteel no, I definately dont agree with a point. From the very start of the issue only apple players were being adressed, like what the hell. There are definately more android players affected, because the game is way less optimised for Android. I play on android and have crashes and freezing game in between matches and overheating all the time. It is ridiculous how if people don't say it is an android only problem, than everyone just says android users don't have it. Like the first vid of rich the man when this came up he said "it looks like an apple only problem" when there was litterally a person on that post saying he has the same issue and is on android. Apple players are spoiled with game optimization. Android users hace it way worse, you have no idea.

Also something way worse has happened, all android players were not able to open the game. For a long time, no android user was able to start the due to bug but everyone forget it whereas the overheating is remembered by everybody on so called only iOS.
This discussion has been closed.