**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Increasing attack without suicides

pbeadlepbeadle Posts: 76
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I’m by no means a mastery expert but I’ve recently noticed that my champ’s attack values seem a little lower than they should be. I don’t run suicides and don’t really want to but I want to see if there are other ways to boost attack.

For example here are my R3 champs and they’re attack values:

Cosmic Ghost Rider (unduped) has an attack of 3,231
Cap IW (sig 150) is at 3,231
Shang Chi (unduped) is at 3,231
Corvus is a little higher at 3,390

These seem low for R3 champs, especially considering I have a R5 t star Dr. Doom that’s higher.

As for masteries, I have a pretty basic build. Greater precision and cruelty maxed. 1 in despair, deep wounds and assassin maxed. Glass cannon and enhanced fury maxed.I’m sure they can be tweaked but I’m just looking at best offensive bang for the buck without dipping into suicides.

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Doom just has a really high base attack. The highest in game in fact.
  • Options
    pbeadlepbeadle Posts: 76

Doom just has a really high base attack. The highest in game in fact.

I get that but should a rank 5 5 star have a higher attack value than a R3 6 star?
  • Options
    abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    I'm not a mastery expert, either, but I can say that if you solely wanted to increase your base attack, I would think your best bets would be strength (+33 at max rank), and greater strength (+8% at max rank). If you wanted to increase the damage you do per fight, you could max courage (up to 20% increase when less than 50% health) or recoil ( up to 60% special damage for 10% health). Pierce ignores armor up to 15% at max which helps a lot, too.

That said, I wouldn't recommend going all offensive. Honestly, never been a huge fan of extended fury, as I found it too niche. It's also why I can't recommend enough NOT maxing strength/GS/less cruelty/less precision. I personally find Utility (I'm old school; called Proficiencies now) to have the best value.

I don't know if their attack ratings are too low or not, though. I only have one r3, an unduped Angela, but she's at 3359. Doom is at 3246. I tried to check it against a few of my alliance mates, and usually mine had a higher attack rating. I found one mate with the exact same mastery boost (+268) to Doom. That makes me think my setup is alright, so if yours is higher, then you probably are better off than you think.
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    pbeadle said:

I’m by no means a mastery expert but I’ve recently noticed that my champ’s attack values seem a little lower than they should be. I don’t run suicides and don’t really want to but I want to see if there are other ways to boost attack.

For example here are my R3 champs and they’re attack values:

Cosmic Ghost Rider (unduped) has an attack of 3,231
    Cap IW (sig 150) is at 3,231
    Shang Chi (unduped) is at 3,231
    Corvus is a little higher at 3,390

These seem low for R3 champs, especially considering I have a R5 t star Dr. Doom that’s higher.

As for masteries, I have a pretty basic build. Greater precision and cruelty maxed. 1 in despair, deep wounds and assassin maxed. Glass cannon and enhanced fury maxed.I’m sure they can be tweaked but I’m just looking at best offensive bang for the buck without dipping into suicides.

Thanks in advance!

Both, CGR and CAIW, has little basse attack but this is compensated with their habilties, so they don't rely on suicide masteries for great damage. I don't know anything about sang chi. Personally I never upgrade Corvus, I don't run suicides masteries, I have him as 6* awakened, he is at rank 1 and level 1 and his damage its a joke without suicides.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Just save some points elsewhere and put them into greater strength
  • Options
    N3koN3ko Posts: 43
    I'm also a non-suicide and I use a setup based only in balanced attack and defense, sure not the high damage like suicides but decent in my opinion.

So if you want your base attack up you need to put your mastery points on the ones that I call "basic" like Strenght and Greater Strength, and use a combination with others more "specific" like Courage, Extended Fury or Assassin.

In my case I got this ones for my attack:

Basic
    3 points in Strenght increase all my champs attack by 12 points.
    9 points in Greater Strenght increase all my champs attack by 8% of base attack.

Specific
    3 point in Courage that increase the potency of your champs attacks by 20% while below 50% of health

And now let's do some math.

Your CGR without any mastery has a base attack of 2965 and using the setup: 2965 + 12 + 593 = 3570.

That will be your base attack.

Now you've got to consider that your hits doesn't deal 100% of that attack and the damage you deal to opponets may be affected by nodes, masteries (AW), base stats depending on the number of stars or rank and even the abilities of every champ.

But it's safe to say that an extra damage isn't too bad.

Now, the other masteries help you increase a percentage of attack per hit so let's say you land a Medium Attack and it pops 100 damage.

With Courage when you are below 50% of health your Medium Attack will deal 120 damage.

Hope this help you.