**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabams response to the SoP vs compensation timing

SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
edited August 2021 in Suggestions and Requests

I especially wanted to point out 1 thing in the announcement.

Looks like your understandimg is the "right" package (whatever that means) vs getting it next week.

I hope that you know that everyone wants that package as soon as possible especially with SoP going on.

If you really decide to push it to the last few days of SoP or even after it then that would really be a hit in the face to everyone that kept playing this broken game.

I'm a little bit worried about the fact that you didn't say "yes it comes next week, don't worry" but try to smooth the problem with something like you need the time to make it right.

This sounds dangerously like talking around the hot topic to not cause an uproar.

I hope I'm wrong.
Please let me worry for nothing.
Best thing would be if there is even an announcement that I haven't seen yet and this whole post is pointless.

I'm gonna be honest with you. If that package comes late I'm not gonna be able to finish the SoP.

I'm at 3/6 done now. I lost so many items to lag spikes, freezes, random heavys, dex and parry fails.

+ the first path I did was bugged with max 8 green token which resulted in a lot more items as well.

If that package comes late I'm probably out.
This is not a rant post but simply my honest opinion. Please keep every conversation that may happen here civil.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    They said by the end of the month. You didn't even post what this is in reference to. This isn't a official communication from Kabam, just a response on a thread that zibit closed.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1898294#Comment_1898294
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I don’t think Kabam should rush anything. It’s pretty bad advice. If it comes out in sop that’s great. Don’t hold a knife to their throat expecting anything though.

This is a tough compensation because it goes to all tittles warranting different rewards for each tittle. It’s gonna take time to find a good balance. Just be thankful they are even handing it out.
    Seraphion said:

They said by the end of the month. You didn't even post what this is in reference to. This isn't a official communication from Kabam, just a response on a thread that zibit closed.

The key point stands tho.
    Delay the package vs not doing it
    No it doesn't. This is a response to a specific question in the thread. This isn't them saying anything else other how they're approaching the compensation.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    "Measure how players were impacted in every mode" and giving compensation according to the players' growth, means, probably, they're going to take in consideration the level we were Before the bugs. Because, if you were able to, let's say, complete act 6.3+6+4 during the bug period, especially when they told you not to do hard content, that means you didn't really had any problems or "impacted" that much. So if you rushed for TB during these weeks just to get the better compensation package, there's a big chance it was for nothing.
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,133 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    In my honest opinion to your opinion -Dude, what's the point taking it this far just to be rewarded, there's time for everything. U can get all of what u lost back if u grind a little arena ,there aren't any limits to the items u can obtain back. And if you don't have the mood nor the time to do this then don't even disturb kabam's hard work. It's their game and they can choose to stop the game entirely if they see it so, so stop pressuring them EVEN if it's your opinion. They are people with life's u know.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Seraphion said:

No it doesn't. This is a response to a specific question in the thread. This isn't them saying anything else other how they're approaching the compensation.
    The thread also asked about the release time.
    Also everything said by kabam on the forum is an official post.

I don't understand your points.

There is also no communication about a precise date. End of the month. Or maybe 1 day later and SoP is gone?
    Would not be nice
    Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

There is also no communication about a precise date. End of the month. Or maybe 1 day later and SoP is gone?
    Would not be nice
    It's not an official post on an update for comp package. It's just a response from a Mod to a thread. You're reading way too much into it. On top of that, you cut out the other part of the comment and are acting like this a sticky thread on the announcement page. You're trying to create a problem where one doesn't exactly exist right now.

Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

Would not be nice
    It's not an official post on an update for comp package. It's just a response from a Mod to a thread. You're reading way too much into it. On top of that, you cut out the other part of the comment and are acting like this a sticky thread on the announcement page. You're trying to create a problem where one doesn't exactly exist right now.
    I cut out the part above bc it was why can the War/AQ package be swapped so fast. I have no problems or questions about that.

I mean the problem might not be here. You are right. But we might only find out when it is too late. The normal approach to take your time with it and do it right is good.

But when there is non permanent content going on and the game is still bugged then a little rush is certainly desired. Must not be the final compensation but at least something. I can't see anything wrong with that.

And asking for bit more precise date is really not too much.
    I also don't really like that this post has been moved to "Suggestions and Requests" to die.

I would like to discuss these things. That is why I posted it into "Discussion".

@Kabam Zibiit if you don't mind swapping it back it would be really appreciated.

Alternatively I can post something more "discussion" - like in there.
    Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

Would not be nice
    I cut out the part above bc it was why can the War/AQ package be swapped so fast. I have no problems or questions about that.

I mean the problem might not be here. You are right. But we might only find out when it is too late. The normal approach to take your time with it and do it right is good.

But when there is non permanent content going on and the game is still bugged then a little rush is certainly desired. Must not be the final compensation but at least something. I can't see anything wrong with that.

Sure, asking for a precise date is just fine. But taking a post from a closed thread about a different topic and trying to spin it as an official response isn't the way to do it. Your title leads people to believe they officially announced something. Its why I clicked on it in the first place.

Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

Would not be nice

Sure, asking for a precise date is just fine. But taking a post from a closed thread about a different topic and trying to spin it as an official response isn't the way to do it. Your title leads people to believe they officially announced something. Its why I clicked on it in the first place.
    I can see where you coming from.

The title might be a bit catchy and I can see your problem with that.

The discussion about that topic is important tho and should be continued and not closed imo.
    Sure. I get it. We all are waiting for the package. But looking back, how many times have they given us an actual date for situations like this? I know it's frustrating to not know but they do it for a reason and they likely won't change.

Sure. I get it. We all are waiting for the package. But looking back, how many times have they given us an actual date for situations like this? I know it's frustrating to not know but they do it for a reason and they likely won't change.

If they really care they could.
    That's all I'm saying
    Seraphion said:

That's all I'm saying
    They could but if they can't do it by the given date, do you really think this community would say "oh we understand"? This is why they WON'T give us a date.

Seraphion said:

That's all I'm saying
    They could but if they can't do it by the given date, do you really think this community would say "oh we understand"? This is why they WON'T give us a date.
    Which company sets dates and misses them over and over?

They would go out of business pretty fast normally.
    edited August 2021
    Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

That's all I'm saying
    Which company sets dates and misses them over and over?

They would go out of business pretty fast normally.
    So many. 99% of retail stores. Kabam gives vague timeframes already and we hold them to the fire. Like wish crystals in the roadmap. People are still complaining about not having those and they were "promised" in the dev diaries.

I work for a retail company and we sell things all the time from P.O's. We never give a date because they might get delayed. If we set a date on the order and it does get delayed, our customers get mad because "its a promise". Then they want money off etc... giving a date and not knowing if you can deliver by that date is never a good idea.
  • dirt13jrdirt13jr Posts: 177 ★★
    the thing is no matter what, it is a lose lose situation for kabam here. If they give compensation early cuz its rushed,the community will complain cuz they feel it is not good enough. But if they dont give it out till later, we have threads like this. Both kabam and the community are having a rough and hard time right now and its best if we let things run its course. Compensation will come when compensation comes.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    They can take some time for the big final compensation if they want to, though it would preferred if it came before SoP ended. But the least they should do is send out some normal revives, maybe 10 or something. It would make a big difference to lots of players, and I really hope they’ll send out some normal revives
    dirt13jr said:

the thing is no matter what, it is a lose lose situation for kabam here. If they give compensation early cuz its rushed,the community will complain cuz they feel it is not good enough. But if they dont give it out till later, we have threads like this. Both kabam and the community are having a rough and hard time right now and its best if we let things run its course. Compensation will come when compensation comes.

Why not give 1 now and make it "right" after SoP? Everyone could understand that.