**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

If you had total power over a complete redesign of any champion, who would you pick?

QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
edited August 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
And what would you (roughly) do?

And I'm talking full redesign. Rip the champion down to atoms and build them up again how you want them.

You can make changes to their model, their VFX, animations and obviously abilities and synergies.

Also you don't need to write a full spotlight detailing every little change, unless you want to of course, but just give a very rough briefing of how you would build your perfect champ.

Also, if you feel like it, it'd be cool to hear why you chose said champion. Let's hope this thread doesn't die instantly, because I actually am actually really interested in what people say.

Fire away.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

SIM might make an updated buff post for him. He'll have new animations, vfx everything.

Care to elaborate? Sounds interesting!
    Rookiie said:

Star-Lord!
    I'm a huge fan or Star-Lord, I think he's hilarious and has super cool abilities, he's half-God and it's that half that powers his elemental gun.
    So I think his design as a champion whose Attack increases via ramp up makes no sense to me whatsoever.
    I would rather have him increase his utility or DoT via ramp up.
    Here's my rework idea:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/260331/star-lord-overhaul-concept
    Something between what @BitterSteel & I proposed.

Ooh this is nice! Sounds a bit like a simpler and higher damaging version of doc ock, who is an incredibly cool champion. I also think it really suits his character, as you said being half-God.

Would you change his animations at all? Theyre quite smooth at the moment but also a little bit simple in comparison to newer champions.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Civil warrior. I was a massive fan of how he used to play before his buff and his buff is my least favorite one ever. I would give him a proper buff that encourages his old playstyle instead of this stupid holding block constantly stuff

Juggernaut. Such a cool champion in the comics, such a bad one in this game. Mostly more head-buts!

I agree. I feel like youd need to be careful though in order to make him not a complete pain on defense. I can see him being slightly similar to hulkbuster but more... reckless

Civil warrior. I was a massive fan of how he used to play before his buff and his buff is my least favorite one ever. I would give him a proper buff that encourages his old playstyle instead of this stupid holding block constantly stuff

Honestly I never touched civil warrior before the buff, nor have I after it.

I would like to know more about his old playstyle as well as how you'd adapt it to make him less bad.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★
    You're inspiring me to do a detailed rework for Star-Lord.

I'd love to see him get a new signature ability, Master of the Sun, which gives him the ability +8000 energy resistance and provides his elements with additional utility.

Elemental Gun - Star-Lord's Elemental Gun has 4 elements which can be loaded in the Pre-Fight screen. The four elements are Air, Fire, Water and Earth. Water and Earth are discharged during Special Attack 1. Air and Fire are discharged during Special Attack 2. All 4 Pre-Fight abilities can be selected.

Air: inflicts a Power Burn passive on the opponent, draining 50% of Power from the opponent.
    Master of the Sun: siphons 1% per hit of the Power burned from the opponent, up to a maximum of 60 hits.

Fire: inflicts an Incinerate debuff on the opponent, dealing X% damage over 10 seconds.
    Master of the Sun: Incinerate potency gains 7% per hit to a maximum of 60 hits.

Water: inflicts a Coldsnap debuff on the opponent, dealing X% damage over 10 seconds.
    Master of the Sun: Gains an Armor Up buff which scales Armor rating by +800 per hit, up to a maximum of 40 hits.

Earth: inflicts a Heal Block passive on the opponent, blocking all regenerative effects for 10 seconds.
    Master of the Sun: regenerate up to 100 health per hit of the health blocked by the passive, up to a maximum of 40 hits.

The Combo Meter starts at 20 and caps at 60.
    Special 1 Attacks remove 10 hits off the Combo Meter. Special 2 Attacks remove 30 hits off the Combo Meter. Heavy Attacks add 5 hits to the Combo Meter.

#myStarLord
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Sentry
    I like him
    Also for @The_Sentry06

Rookiie said:

I'd love to see him get a new signature ability, Master of the Sun, which gives him the ability +8000 energy resistance and provides his elements with additional utility.

Elemental Gun - Star-Lord's Elemental Gun has 4 elements which can be loaded in the Pre-Fight screen. The four elements are Air, Fire, Water and Earth. Water and Earth are discharged during Special Attack 1. Air and Fire are discharged during Special Attack 2. All 4 Pre-Fight abilities can be selected.

Air: inflicts a Power Burn passive on the opponent, draining 50% of Power from the opponent.
    Master of the Sun: siphons 1% per hit of the Power burned from the opponent, up to a maximum of 60 hits.

Fire: inflicts an Incinerate debuff on the opponent, dealing X% damage over 10 seconds.

Water: inflicts a Coldsnap debuff on the opponent, dealing X% damage over 10 seconds.
    Master of the Sun: Gains an Armor Up buff which scales Armor rating by +800 per hit, up to a maximum of 40 hits.

Earth: inflicts a Heal Block passive on the opponent, blocking all regenerative effects for 10 seconds.
    Master of the Sun: regenerate up to 100 health per hit of the health blocked by the passive, up to a maximum of 40 hits.

Special 1 Attacks remove 10 hits off the Combo Meter. Special 2 Attacks remove 30 hits off the Combo Meter. Heavy Attacks add 5 hits to the Combo Meter.

#myStarLord

Would love to see this. Would there be a maximum number of elements you can load in a fight/quest?

I always love champs that are customisable for each fight. Makes them so much more versatile and usable in all areas of the game without being completely broken OP.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Proxima.

Missions become persistent charges.
    Qacob said:

Rookiie said:

Star-Lord!
    I'm a huge fan or Star-Lord, I think he's hilarious and has super cool abilities, he's half-God and it's that half that powers his elemental gun.
    So I think his design as a champion whose Attack increases via ramp up makes no sense to me whatsoever.
    I would rather have him increase his utility or DoT via ramp up.
    Here's my rework idea:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/260331/star-lord-overhaul-concept
    Something between what @BitterSteel & I proposed.

Ooh this is nice! Sounds a bit like a simpler and higher damaging version of doc ock, who is an incredibly cool champion. I also think it really suits his character, as you said being half-God.

Would you change his animations at all? Theyre quite smooth at the moment but also a little bit simple in comparison to newer champions.
    For sure, his basic animations can stay the same but his SP1 and SP2 would need to be modified haha.
    Qacob said:

Rookiie said:

#myStarLord

Would love to see this. Would there be a maximum number of elements you can load in a fight/quest?

I always love champs that are customisable for each fight. Makes them so much more versatile and usable in all areas of the game without being completely broken OP.
    All 4. He wouldn't be too dissimilar to Apocalypse with 4 Genetic Code. Poco deals damaging & non-damaging debuffs off his Specials. Star-Lord is just the Tech Poco.
    Qacob said:

Personally I'd pick black bolt. By far my favourite marvel character and a super cool set of abilities.

Design wise, I probably wouldn't change much, except maybe giving him a bit of a blue aura, slightly like guardian's yellowy one. Just to make him look a bit more powerful.

I'd make his animations actually relevant to his powers of voice; visible pulses of energy coming from his mouth. They'd be screenshaking like iHulk's, you know, the kind of animations that make your inputs themselves aggressive as if it'll make them deal even more damage.

Talking actual abilities, he'd hit hard at base, and have utility focused on armour shattering and controlling the fight by building up passive stun charges that you could convert to passive stuns by perhaps throwing a heavy - obviously more charges = longer stun.

I'd also implement a way to enter "enraged" mode for however long, which would be a means of BIG red number damage on each hit as well as all hits having a chance to passive stun: as if he starts just roaring in anger. Maybe he'd have guaranteed crits when enraged as well. It'd be important to make enraged only a damage booster because no one likes having temporary phases of utility. He'd have all his utility the entire fight.

Finally, I'd give him some nice support prefights. He is the Odin of Attilan, so he'd be similar to Odin, though his prefights would only enhance inhumans as black bolt is very loyal to his people. Id be very, very careful not to break quake any more though with this feature. Synergies would be amazing for the other inhumans, but as king, none of them would be vital for him to have.

Aaaand I'm done. Might as well have written the whole buff spotlight lol. Oh well I had fun. I might actually perfect this concept over the next few days and come up with the detailed spotlight.

Black bolt is the 👑

I can't wait to see the detailed spotlight.
    Rookiie said:

Qacob said:

Rookiie said:

#myStarLord

All 4. He wouldn't be too dissimilar to Apocalypse with 4 Genetic Code. Poco deals damaging & non-damaging debuffs off his Specials. Star-Lord is just the Tech Poco.
    Ah I see. That's nice.
    Rookiie said:

Qacob said:

Personally I'd pick black bolt. By far my favourite marvel character and a super cool set of abilities.

Design wise, I probably wouldn't change much, except maybe giving him a bit of a blue aura, slightly like guardian's yellowy one. Just to make him look a bit more powerful.

I'd make his animations actually relevant to his powers of voice; visible pulses of energy coming from his mouth. They'd be screenshaking like iHulk's, you know, the kind of animations that make your inputs themselves aggressive as if it'll make them deal even more damage.

Talking actual abilities, he'd hit hard at base, and have utility focused on armour shattering and controlling the fight by building up passive stun charges that you could convert to passive stuns by perhaps throwing a heavy - obviously more charges = longer stun.

I'd also implement a way to enter "enraged" mode for however long, which would be a means of BIG red number damage on each hit as well as all hits having a chance to passive stun: as if he starts just roaring in anger. Maybe he'd have guaranteed crits when enraged as well. It'd be important to make enraged only a damage booster because no one likes having temporary phases of utility. He'd have all his utility the entire fight.

Finally, I'd give him some nice support prefights. He is the Odin of Attilan, so he'd be similar to Odin, though his prefights would only enhance inhumans as black bolt is very loyal to his people. Id be very, very careful not to break quake any more though with this feature. Synergies would be amazing for the other inhumans, but as king, none of them would be vital for him to have.

Aaaand I'm done. Might as well have written the whole buff spotlight lol. Oh well I had fun. I might actually perfect this concept over the next few days and come up with the detailed spotlight.

Black bolt is the 👑

I can't wait to see the detailed spotlight.
    Honestly I can't wait to write it either
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I already made a thread about my Karnak Buff idea

Mods deleted it 😂
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    SIM might make an updated buff post for him. He'll have new animations, vfx everything.
    Qacob said:

H3t3r said:

Care to elaborate? Sounds interesting!
    I'll put together a whole post for him. Will also include a extremely detailed change to his basic hits, special attacks and his overall look. Will probably have it out tomorrow
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    OG Hulk.

I'd give him a persistent Rage/Fury meter that endowed him with extra or enhanced abilities over certain thresholds. Yep, Æhulk. Well not really, but it's more fun that way.

Rage gained from smashing, as well as from enduring damage or debuffs -- especially DoT.

Abilities would be simple; this is Hulk we're talking about. Main focus would be increased Damage, Damage Mitigation, and Regen.

Secondary abilities would be access to Armor Shatter (sp2), Stun Immunity (rage), True Damage (rage), Ægon Evade-Unstoppable (rage), and Apoc Block-Stun (rage).

Tertiary ability would be a permanent passive combo shield. Not for his kit though, it's just 'cuz Hulk no count good.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    I've been writing buff ideas for a while, and one of the ones I'm most proud of is the one I did for MODOK. I really love his animations and he has one of the most satisfying heavy attacks in the game, but he just doesn't cut it and his flux abilities are so gosh-dang confusing. I therefore tried to redesign him a while back.

I gave him a similar prompt-based ramp-up to Mojo's, where you complete certain tasks throughout the fight to earn the various bonuses that are otherwise hidden deep within his kit. I also gave him a new awakened ability where he can control the opponent's use of special attacks by predicting which one they'll go for and countering it before they activate it.

I won't write it all out because it's fairly long, but I'll leave the link if anyone's interested.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/266167/m-o-d-o-k-buff-idea
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    OG Hulk...I realize that he could never be represented at the power levels he has in the comics..but I would love to see a change that could bring him close to that, with a risk system that would balance out the potential for him to be overpowered.
    I would love to see him have a "rage mechanic". He would start the fight with something like 30 Rage. He would gain Rage when taking damage and lose Rage when dealing damage. His Rage level would determine the strength of both an persistant attack buff AND regeneration buff. Rage would scale from 0 to 100 and if his Rage ever drops to zero he would revert to puny Banner and die. Using him would be all about managing his Rage balance and the risk of intentionally taking damage versus his scaling regeneration..... to get stronger and stronger attacks. I know it is a strange idea...
  • MurdocBRMurdocBR Posts: 4
    Iron fist or Iron man
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Sentry cuz Sentry.

His VFX and animations are perfect as is. His heavy is can spammed in the corner and overall, it's quite fun, quick, clean and practical for intercepting and stuff. However it would be cool for him to get a reddish-black glow over him as the fight progresses to signify him losing control to the Void and all.
    Abilities:

Passive:
    - 150% incinerate resistance
    - Block Proficiency cannot be lowered
    While Incinerated:
    -Gain a fury buff buff increasing attack by 30% for each incinerate active on you

Reality Warps:
    - Max stacks: 5
    - Each reality warp inflicts 1 indefinite incinerate on Sentry dealing 10% of his attack as damage per second at the
    start of the fight
    - Gain a new Reality Warp passive for every 30 hits on your combo or when you win a fight.
    - They carry over from fight to fight at base

State Of Mind:
    -Sentry has 4 states of mind rotating through in the following order:- Unyieding Fortitude, Overpowering Light, Steadfast Approach, Absolute Strength. To rotate to the next phase, do a M,L,L,L,L combo.

-Unyielding Fortitude: Gain a combo shield passive lasting indefinitely while this State of Mind is active.

-Overpowering Light: Sp1 is completely unblockable
    Power drain the opponent up to 40% of the opponents power
    Gain 20% attack and 10% crit rate and crit damage per Reality Warp (crit damage and crit rate
    ramp up, not the attack) while using your sp1

-Steadfast Approach: Increases block Proficiency by 40% passively
    While the opponent is using a special attack, gain a 60% chance to perfect
    block.
    Gain 20% attack and 10% crit rate and crit damage per Reality Warp while using heavies

-Absolute Strength: Sp2 is completely unblockable
    Inflict an indefinite armor break on the opponent while this State of Mind is active
    Gain 20% attack and 10% crit damage and crit rating per Reality Warp active during your sp2

Special Attacks:

-Special 1: Gain a stackable fury increasing attack by 25% for 20 seconds

-Special 2: Inflict an armor break for 20 seconds. (Same values as original Special 2 ability)

-Special 3: While below 50% health, consume a reality warp to regen 10% health

Signature Ability:
    -Gain a pre-fight before every fight allowing you to choose which State of Mind to start in

-Gain a 25 - 100% chance to trigger an indestructible passive for 0.5 seconds per Reality Warp when losing your combo.

Synergies: With Void:-
    -Sentry: Increases potency of fury buffs by 20%
    -Void: Each unique debuff on the opponent grants 10% attack

Rest all is as is.

• Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    I don't have a fancy write up but my thought was to make cyclops beam special attacks stronger with more hits in his combo. Keep them unblockable at 20 just increase the damage 10% for every 10 hits in his combo meter or give him something like guardians force fields to increase his damage. Something along those lines.
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    Honestly, I would love to just change the animations of the old champions. Some of them have the same basic, medium and heavy which is bland. Would love to see more variety.
  • JCC5280JCC5280 Posts: 15
    Would love to see Phoenix get a full rework.