**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My F2P quest for TB. An odd setback.

How about this for a kick in the gut...

I'm working on getting TB on my F2P alt account. Completed Act 6 (even 7.1 for the extra 25% T5CC). Have a champ to R3 in each class. Getting closer to forming my first T5CC (Mutant for Red Mags hopefully).

However, because I'm level 52 I can only hold 3 T5B. It takes 4 to R3. I even have one in my overflow, doesn't matter. I'm not sure what level I need to be at to to hold a 4th, but this is a setback.

1-Anyone know what level I need to reach to hold the 4th T5B?

2-Kabam, was this intentional? Feels like an unnecessary roadblock. I have the roster and the skill, but because I don't use XP boosts (I forget about them, tbh) I have to wait to be TB.

Comments

• CreatorZukoCreatorZuko Posts: 70 ★★
    Despite what most say Act 4 honestly isn't even necessary, Act 5 exploration with exp boosts will do just fine and you get better rewards. Personally i've only explored one chapter of Act 4 and have no plans to do the rest any time soon and I am Level 60. Also with regards to the 'intentional roadblock' part, I strongly disagree. I don't think Kabam expects anyone to be below Act 6 by the time that they form a T5CC, and rightly so.
  • Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203

Despite what most say Act 4 honestly isn't even necessary, Act 5 exploration with exp boosts will do just fine and you get better rewards. Personally i've only explored one chapter of Act 4 and have no plans to do the rest any time soon and I am Level 60. Also with regards to the 'intentional roadblock' part, I strongly disagree. I don't think Kabam expects anyone to be below Act 6 by the time that they form a T5CC, and rightly so.

I agree about act 4, it's a waste of time and will not earn me any worthy rewards. At the time, they were great, but not helpful anymore. I'm at 7.2.2 right now, so I think it was an oversight. Either that, or they want us to explore along the way, which is fine. I suppose I'll try and push to complete 7.2, and explore 7.1, both will get me more T5CC to hopefully form what I need. I just need to remember to boost. Though, I'm not sure I'll make lvl 60 by the end of it either, idk.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Act 4 costs way less energy than act 5. It has the highest XP to energy ratio iirc which is why people recommend it.

Plus it's also really easy to autofight through with r5s which means you can do it whenever you want.
  • Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203

Sorry but this is just bad advise. Act 4 is much more worth it. It is faster, easier. AND it contains rewards that are actually permanent and useful no matter how far you get into the game. Act 5 only has some shards and catalysts.
    Act 4 exploration gives you all the mastery points you can get in the game. You NEED this for a lot of proper mastery setups. It would be a waste for this player to do act 5 over act 4 is he wants to quickly level up. If you need to do it, you might as well do it in a place where there are actually useful (PERMANENT) items you can get.
    Very good point, I was forgetting about the mastery points. You've changed my mind.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    JSourp said:

How about this for a kick in the gut...

I'm working on getting TB on my F2P alt account. Completed Act 6 (even 7.1 for the extra 25% T5CC). Have a champ to R3 in each class. Getting closer to forming my first T5CC (Mutant for Red Mags hopefully).

However, because I'm level 52 I can only hold 3 T5B. It takes 4 to R3. I even have one in my overflow, doesn't matter. I'm not sure what level I need to be at to to hold a 4th, but this is a setback.

1-Anyone know what level I need to reach to hold the 4th T5B?

2-Kabam, was this intentional? Feels like an unnecessary roadblock. I have the roster and the skill, but because I don't use XP boosts (I forget about them, tbh) I have to wait to be TB.

So do as everyone else and wait? What's wrong with that?
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited August 2021

If you aren't of the proper level, that means you skipped quite a lot of stuff.
    Explore act 4 with xp boosts.

You need to get to level 60 to hold 4 t5b I believe although with the summoner sigil, it is less.

At level 60 you can hold 8 T5B without the Summoner Sigil. I am curious at what level it jumps from 3-4, but surely it doesn't jump from 3-8 at level 60?
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    JSourp said:

I agree about act 4, it's a waste of time and will not earn me any worthy rewards. At the time, they were great, but not helpful anymore.
    If people don't want to explore act 4 for mastery points, can i explore act 4 again and have their unwanted, unworthy mastery points kabam🥺
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    JSourp said:

Sorry but this is just bad advise. Act 4 is much more worth it. It is faster, easier. AND it contains rewards that are actually permanent and useful no matter how far you get into the game. Act 5 only has some shards and catalysts.
    Act 4 exploration gives you all the mastery points you can get in the game. You NEED this for a lot of proper mastery setups. It would be a waste for this player to do act 5 over act 4 is he wants to quickly level up. If you need to do it, you might as well do it in a place where there are actually useful (PERMANENT) items you can get.
    Very good point, I was forgetting about the mastery points. You've changed my mind.
    The goal is XP and only XP. Use the XP mastery that gives 30 bonus per tile, a boost, and run act 4. No skill is required. You can do it while still doing war and AQ.

Act 5 is harder and more energy-intensive for less payoff in the area you’re most concerned with. Do a big act 4 grind then shift gears to 5/6/7
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    The answer your question #2, this is completely intentional. You’re not supposed to get thronebreaker before reaching level 60. I suggest going back and exploring act 4 with boosts or if you’ve already done that pretty much have a xp boost on at all times.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I think I was l53 when I got elders bane and had only ever run story with XP boosts. I had to do
    a lot of act 4 to get to l60 after completing act 6.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Well technically it’s not a roadblock because before the titles, before t5b and t6b most folks were level 60 with a 5/50 4 star champ lol. I would call it a need for an update with the many things that this game needs updating. Kabam needs to update certain things like this war crystals, 3 day alliance events and all the other things I don’t even want to bring up.