Champion Spotlight - Kitty Pryde
About Kitty Pryde
Katherine "Kitty" Pryde led the life of a normal teenager until she began suffering headaches of steadily increasing intensity as a result of her emerging mutant powers. Seeing her potential, Phoenix telepathically coerced Kitty's parents into allowing her to join Xavier's “school for gifted youngsters” where she quickly became the youngest member of the X-Men. During her adventures Kitty encountered and befriended a small alien dragon-like creature named “Lockheed” who quickly became her constant companion and travel buddy!
Kitty Pryde's Mechanics
The gameplay in Kitty’s kit is focused around dashing back and forth to Phase through enemy attacks, preventing incoming damage and dealing large bursts of damage to the opponent! Staying Phased as often as possible is the name of the game for Kitty Pryde and players who pull this off effectively will take her to the next level and make the absolute most out of her kit! In moment to moment gameplay, Kitty uses Prowess as a resource for damage via Special Attacks and inflicts Incinerates that will fuel her Prowess potency even higher, balancing both of these will be essential for getting the most damage potential out of her!
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||32995||3285||13690|
Character Class: Mutant
Basic Abilities: Prowess, Phasing, Incinerate
- High Prowess and Incinerate Damage
- Kitty can stack a ton of Incinerates that will also gradually increase her Prowess potency over time! This allows her to stack Prowess and spike Special Attacks that can hit extremely hard, especially at max ramp!
- Bypass damage on demand
- Using her Phase ability, Kitty can dash forward at almost any time to bypass incoming damage, making her a great option in fights where damage is hard to avoid. Additionally, Phase is paused during special attacks allowing her to ignore Power Sting abilities and other such abilities that attempt to hurt her while Phased.
- Punish undodgeable Special Attacks
- Using Phase to dash toward an Opponent during their Special Attack is a great way to avoid hits from normally annoying specials that aren’t normally dodgeable, such as Winter Soldier’s Special 2! Reduce that chip and punish almost anything
- Cowardice, Critical Resistance and Stun Immune
- If Kitty is inflicted with Cowardice she will lose all her ramp, this is a hard counter to her kit, additionally Kitty relies on inflicting Stuns or landing Critical Hits to ramp up her Prowess, opponent’s who shut this down or slow her down will make her challenging to play.
- Incinerate Immune Opponents
- To make the most out of Kitty Pryde she wants to Incinerate the Opponent to build up her Prowess potency, in matchups where this is not possible her damage will suffer.
- Miss, Auto-block, Evade and other classic defensive tricks
- Although Kitty is capable of dishing out some major damage, in matchups with potent classic defensive threats such as Evade she will suffer since she does not answer any of them. Kitty is best used in matchups that aren’t dominated with these classic defender tricks.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- Immune to Incinerate, thanks to Lockheed’s assistance.
- Gain 1 Prowess each time either champion lands a Critical Hit or Inflicts a Stun Debuff. +2 against Guaranteed Crits or Passive Stuns.
- Gain 2 Prowess when intercepting a Dashing Opponent.
- Each Prowess increases Special Attack Damage by 5% and lasts until the end of Kitty’s next Special Attack that strikes the Opponent or their Block.
- If Kitty is inflicted with Cowardice, all Prowess are lost.
- While the Opponent is suffering from Incinerate, Prowess potency begins to increase by up to 400% over 40 seconds. This bonus gradually falls off while no Incinerates are active.
- Each time Lockheed prevents an Incinerate, the above Prowess Potency bonus is increased by 30%. Cooldown 0.8 seconds.
- When throwing a Special Attack, all personal Prowess are removed and reapplied through the current Prowess Potency bonus.
- Dashing forward with 3 or more Prowess triggers Phasing for the duration of the dash plus 1.20 second(s) after, giving the Opponent a 100% chance to Miss. This is paused during Kitty’s Special Attacks.
- While Phased gain +3900 Critical Rating, become Stun Immune and take 80% reduced damage.
- While Phased #Robots suffer -20% Ability Accuracy reduction.
- Personal Debuffs and Buffs that are triggered while Phased become Passive and gain +20% duration.
- Each Miss caused by Phase deals a burst of 2422.5 Physical Damage and Kitty gains +3 Personal Prowess, these can stack above the normal limit.
- When Phasing expires, 6 Prowess are consumed for each Miss that Phasing caused.
| Special 1 - Lockheed's Revenge
| Special 2 - Loyal Companion
| Special 3- Raining Fire
| Signature Ability - Black Vortex Empowerment
SHADOWY HISTORY: - Unique - with Wolverine (available at 6* only)
- Kitty Pryde: When Phase expires, there is a 30% chance to consume no Prowess.
- Wolverine: Landing a Heavy Attack consumes all personal Regeneration effects, each effect removed this way grants a Fury Buff, increasing Attack Rating by 15% for 10 seconds. Max stacks 3.
JUST A PHASE - Unique - with Ghost (requires 5*+)
- Kitty Pryde: Each Miss that occurs during Phase grants +2 additional Prowess, these can stack above the normal limit.
- Ghost: Entering Phase during the Opponent’s Special Attack grants a Fury Buff, increasing Attack Rating by 10% for 6 seconds.
THROUGH THICK AND THIN - Unique - with Emma Frost (requires 5*+)
- Kitty Pryde: Become Immune to reverse controls, and each time this immunity is triggered gain +1 personal Prowess. Cooldown 0.8 seconds.
- Emma Frost: Gain +20% Attack Rating in diamond form and gain +20% Combat Power Rate in telepathic form.
VICIOUS KITTY - with Tigra (requires 4*+)
- Kitty Pryde: While 10+ Prowess are active, become Passively Unblockable while Phased.
- Tigra: Neutralize effects last +35% longer.
WORTH A SHOT - with Magneto (requires 4*+)
- Kitty Pryde: When Phasing gain +1 Fury Buff for each Debuff on Kitty, each increasing Attack Rating by 7% for 5 seconds Max 5.
- Magneto: The first hit of every Special Attack inflicts a Weakness Debuff, reducing Attack Rating by 30% for 6 seconds.
FIRE AND DRAGONS - with Dragon Man and ? (requires 3*+)
- Kitty Pryde: Increase the duration of Incinerate Debuffs by +10% and Passive Incinerates by +15%.
- Dragon Man: If no Power Charges are active when the final hit of Special Attack 2 strikes the Opponent, inflict 3 additional Incinerates.
- ???: Coming Soon...
Friends Lv. 3 - with Professor X, Nightcrawler, Storm, Cyclops (New Xavier)
- All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating
Romance Lv. 3 - with Colossus and Starlord
- All Champions gain +5% Power Gain
- Kitty can avoid recoil damage by 80% if she Phases during her Special Attacks, which is what she wants to be doing in her loop already! This 80% extends to all damage if Kitty is awakened.
Inequity and Despair
- Using Special 3 to place a long Incinerate then cycling multiple Special 1s to stack many Incinerate Debuffs allows Kitty Pryde to make the most out of Both Inequity and Despair.
Lesser Precision and Precision
- Bonus Critical Rating will help Kitty Crit more often, thus helping her build up Prowess quicker which fuels both her Phase and her damage!
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on