**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Buff Review - Gamora

Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
edited August 2021 in General Discussion
Disclaimer: I don't own a 5 or 6-Star Gamora, in fact was only testing the 4-Star Rank 3 version in ROL. That took 207 hits and around 4 minutes.

Ability Changes:
▪ 1% --> 1.5% buff duration increase per second
▪ Godslayer Strike implemented into base kit, but cooldown duration doubled (100-sec cooldown bruh) & 65% chance to activate
▪ New sig ability: Improved Godslayer Strike reducing cooldown by half or more, and granting 100% chance to trigger.
▪ New ability: ignore Miss at 10+ buffs

Playstyle:
Basically no change compared to before with MLLLL combos to maximize on Fury, and then either Special 1 or 2 as both crit decently.

Now onto the pros and cons:
Pros:
▪ Raw damage is a solid 10 out of 10. Her numbers are NUTS once she’s ramped. A 4-min kill with a 4-Star Rank 3 is always impressive to me.
▪ Guaranteed Crits = guaranteed damage. Always great to have for any champ.
▪ Utility: Gamora can inflict Armor Breaks on Sp2, and can access True Strike and Vigilance which can be kept by refreshing w/ Heavies.

Sounds like she has amazing potential right? Well if you haven't noticed the first two pros have been there LONG before this buff. As for the utility part it's right about to be covered in the cons section:

Cons:
▪ Super stressful playstyle. This is somewhat lessened by all those synergies I was using, granting +70% Buff duration in total, but I was close to losing some Buffs multiple times during my testing. In a realistic scenario where none of those synergies are present, you could lose your Buffs more than a few times.
▪ Godslayer Strike needs awakening to be of relevance. If your Gamora is unawakened, it has a 100-sec cooldown, which is double of an unawakened Corvus’ charge cooldown. That's freaking bonkers considering that the actual Godslayer effects ain't THAT important to start with. Sucks that they didn't revamp or buff this ability at all and just resorted to throwing it into her base kit.
▪ Fury and Cruelty procs are completely RNG reliant, there were some combos where not a single Buff would proc.
▪ Both True Strike and Vigilance take way too long to get to; you'd have gotten punished and whacked by several Evades/Auto-Blocks/Misses by the time you get access to these abilities. This makes her obsolete when compared to nearly every other option in the game. Heck, Odin has True Strike on SP1 which can be paused indefinitely as long as you're aggressive. Surfer has Vigilance on SP1 which can be constantly refreshed. Even Super-Skrull can get into a super long (yes super-long) Vigilance more quickly, by just blocking a few hits at the start. Or Karnak's SP1 True Strike could probably already do the job better.
▪ No immunities. Ye I know it's hard to give Gamora an immunity, but that's just so common in lots of champions nowadays and thus drags her utility side behind even more.
▪ A major disadvantage is that Gamora will find difficulty in fighting passive AIs or matchups where you can’t parry Stun.

So, literally ALL of these points mentioned above could have been applied to pre-Buff Gamora as well. Fixing just any two of these problems would've made her a much more fun champ to play around with, but unfortunately that did not happen at all.

Verdict:
My stance remains unchanged: Gamora’s value in the game will remain the same as before. Her playstyle was stressful and impractical and little effort was put into fixing that. Godslayer Strike is still pretty bad. Utility is still unimpressive. Honestly just the same situation as the Nova/Ronin buffs repeating itself all over again with Gamora.

'Better quality champion updates'. What a joke. I'd rather have 3 buffs a month if tune-ups would end like this anyways.

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

For having only 2 buffs this month, one of which we've been waiting for since end of February 2021 when it was announced, this was a non-buff.

Feels like we got 1 buff this month TBH.

Not saying it needed to make her insane, but she's not going to be used or ranked up more than before the change.

She's still a lacking "buff" just like:

Annihilus
    Nova
    Ebony Maw
    Civil Warrior (practically a Nerf)
    Ronin

Have all been in my honest opinion and shared by some of the players in the community.

Nah Civil Warrior was a good buff.
  • Options
    PrincenayarwPrincenayarw Posts: 367 ★★
    I would love to see her buffed after literally pulling her as my 2nd six star, not helping my act 6 decision. However I love her damage. The real downside I that all of this insane damage can only be noticed when fighting the winter soldier, and practically is near impossible to access due to the nodes and characters in even act 5 let alone act 6, so there's pretty much nothing going for her. No immunities. Nothing. Trying really hard to maintain the fury and other buffs is a pain due to several nodes, increasing the duration of those buffs by a good amount would make her beyond god tier fun character to play, if she also had a way to sustain those buffs with more ease than spamming heavies. Damage wise nothing needs to be changed at all. Having a ramp up is nice so that she isn't completely broken op but yeah give her a good utility buff with easier rotation and some bleeds and, some not too many, immunities then she will be insane.
  • Options
    Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★

I would love to see her buffed after literally pulling her as my 2nd six star, not helping my act 6 decision. However I love her damage. The real downside I that all of this insane damage can only be noticed when fighting the winter soldier, and practically is near impossible to access due to the nodes and characters in even act 5 let alone act 6, so there's pretty much nothing going for her. No immunities. Nothing. Trying really hard to maintain the fury and other buffs is a pain due to several nodes, increasing the duration of those buffs by a good amount would make her beyond god tier fun character to play, if she also had a way to sustain those buffs with more ease than spamming heavies. Damage wise nothing needs to be changed at all. Having a ramp up is nice so that she isn't completely broken op but yeah give her a good utility buff with easier rotation and some bleeds and, some not too many, immunities then she will be insane.

For having only 2 buffs this month, one of which we've been waiting for since end of February 2021 when it was announced, this was a non-buff.

Feels like we got 1 buff this month TBH.

Not saying it needed to make her insane, but she's not going to be used or ranked up more than before the change.

She's still a lacking "buff" just like:

Annihilus
    Nova
    Ebony Maw
    Civil Warrior (practically a Nerf)
    Ronin

Have all been in my honest opinion and shared by some of the players in the community.

Nah Civil Warrior was a good buff.
    It gave him really, really nice utility. But an awful playstyle that just eats up block damage.

For a 1.2 second dash back and hold block, you need at least 30 second intervals. At bare minimum. It’s far too quick to have to dash back every 10.8 seconds. And that’s if you get the absolute perfect timing.

Realistically you have to dash back every 5 or 6 seconds or so, hold block 1.2 and continue if you don’t want to lose all your fury. That’s about 15-20% of your time spent holding block.

Few ways I can see to fix it, one would do, but a combination would be better
    - make furies much longer duration. Simple fix, at least 30 second duration.
    - Make the dash back timer much lower, make it 0.3 seconds or something so you can just dash back and trigger it really easily
    - Make his fury buffs expire 10% at a time. If you have 10 furies, one expires, if you have 50, 5 expire.

Also make the Sp1 armours start paused, it doesnt make sense that they don’t
    Yup Gamora definitely suffers the same problem as Civil Warrior in that her playstyle for damage is way too stressful and impractical, and I feel like they did nothing to fix that part of her kit. Also can't believe Civil Warrior is still bugged after so many months. "Special Attacks -- When launched: Pause all Armor Up Buffs for 20 seconds" lol where'd that go
    Catmanndo said:

We went from 3 to 1 IMO, this change did nothing to make her a fun, reliable champ worth my resources.
    I’m noticing they’re deleting a lot of the constructive criticism on her as well, this doesn’t sit well with me. Suppressing our opinions isn’t helping them push this champ.

As far as I'm concerned, September only had 1 buff (which was disappointing). And August had 3, but one of them was the Hood debacle, so I was surprised that they counted that as part of the 3. I hate to use the C word, but there should be at least some sense of accountability with these buffs.

Ye what Kabam's been doing isn't helping with the situation. Feels like nothing is getting through to the devs and they just do whatever they want with the buffs, regardless of what the community thinks about it. Which sucks 'cause we're the ones actually playing the game :/
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Unfortunately civil warrior isn’t bugged, if you use the sp2 to pause you’ll see it works.

When you use the sp1 you pause your armours and *then* trigger some more. So they’re not paused.

It really makes it a bit useless, since they don’t last long enough to pause again when you get to another sp1. 11 seconds is too short to consistently pause armours. So you only end up pausing armours you build from combos. It halves your armour gain.
  • Options
    Ps_cr7Ps_cr7 Posts: 296 ★★
    I just hope we don't see a "buff" like Gamora in near future. And they actually try to buff the champs that we can use regularly.
  • Options
    MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★
    Misleading post there was no "buff" 🤪