**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It’s time for 6-star dual class crystals

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
edited September 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
When there was a lot of discontent last summer, Kabam released a roadmap that contained a lot of goals and promises. It was well written and full of good ideas that excited the playerbase. Large chunks of it seem to be getting ignored or outright cast aside.

Kabam preached some measure of champion choice in the roadmap, and dual class crystals have been great for 4 and 5-stars.

Compare the state of the game now to last year. On Sept 1, 2020 the 6-star pool was 131 champs. When this featured crystals ends in a few weeks, it will have ballooned to 178 champs, 35% larger.

Meanwhile, summoners still only have two options for their shards - a featured pool of 24, or a basic of 170ish. The lack of choice is especially frustrating because t5cc availability has increased. If you can’t get a champ (or worse, a dupe if required) then the catalysts collect dust indefinitely, and you have no recourse besides the ever-shrinking 1-in-whatever basic spin or hoping your desired champ is one of the 14-18 old champs chosen for the basic (a 10% chance, really).

This change would be a great improvement to the experience, so I’m really hoping we see it soon.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    They do already exist in the game
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

the point that OP is trying to make is that they should be available for 10k shards just like the 5 star dual crystal is available for 10k shards and the 4k dual crystal is available for 2k shards
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    They also said the main reason they couldn't do six star dual-class crystals is that at the time it was too much for the system. Considering everything that's happened these last couple months adding those right now would not help the situation. Eventually I can see them becoming a thing
  • Options

They also said the main reason they couldn't do six star dual-class crystals is that at the time it was too much for the system. Considering everything that's happened these last couple months adding those right now would not help the situation. Eventually I can see them becoming a thing

They never said that, and there’s no reason it would be true. We get special crystals with special pools every month. There’s no reason the already-existing 6-star basic pool couldn’t easily pull a champ from one of two specific classes.
  • Options

“Meanwhile summoners only have two options for their shards…”

Please read the post and contribute meaningfully next time. It was pretty clear what I meant.
  • Options
    AddictorAddictor Posts: 380 ★★★
    Have you seen so many terrible 5 star duel crystal pulls out there? Ppl usually can not pull who they want from this duel crystal. So there’s no need to add this to the game in my opinion.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Yep you're right I went back and checked it out and what they had pointed out was that the six star pool was too narrow so they're going to try and figure something out.

https://playcontestofchampions.com/dev-diary-champions-of-the-contest/
  • Options
    Addictor said:

Have you seen so many terrible 5 star duel crystal pulls out there? Ppl usually can not pull who they want from this duel crystal. So there’s no need to add this to the game in my opinion.

Im gonna say that you don’t understand probability.

Here’s my situation. I have two t5cc right now (cosmic and tech, conveniently.) I have no deserving candidates for these t5cc. The ability to target champs who could eventually receive t5cc or who deserve to be awakened is integral to players staying active. Eventually the odds are so slim that you’re not excited for or invested in the result.