**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

First ever arena grind aka full time job

ShadowKing01ShadowKing01 Posts: 46
edited September 2021 in General Discussion
So I did an attempt on my first featured arena (Odin) made it to 11 mil and took 3 days to get there and I will never do it again, this felt way too much like a job, I wish they were just milestones for the champions instead of a shot in the dark. I know if you are an arena junkie, 11 mil is probably easier for most of you. But i think i will just stick to the milestones and leave it at that. only came away with 3000 5* shards and 500 6* shards. I usually only stick to story progression since in only uncollected. But really want a odin for my roster. So I wanted to attempt it.

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

11 mil is not a grind tbh

That's about 110 rounds in that arena, and if an avg round is 3 minutes, then it comes to 5.5 hours across 3 days.

Either your roster is a bit thin or you have never grinded arena.

I have only been playing about a year now, most of roster still needs to be leveled and it was my first time doing a featured, I have grinded arena but only the event related ones. IMO just feels way to much like a job. So glad i tried it and realized right now its just not my cup of tea.
    Arena is a grind , sure, that's why a lot of players don't do it.

They usually just do the minimum milestones for the Battlechips because it's a good source of units and gold.

You should try doing incursions, I find it fun and can target certain crystals to pull the champs I want.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Arena is just suicides imo. If you're a retired worker with no family or social responsibilities, then by all means do it. It's one of if not the crueliest mode of this game for me. I think a lot of people do it for the units when they're not gunning for the champs. So if you think about it, you're putting in time for a game currency with sounds like work to me. So either you pay with money or you work for it in the game. Is the system fair? I don't wanna think about it nor go into it, all I know is I ain't doing it not worth it imo I got better things to do with that time.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I don't run Suicides personally. Never have. I don't much care for swapping Masteries all the time.
  • Paulr2011Paulr2011 Posts: 29
    This just comes down to a question of what is my time worth to me. And I can most definitely say that my time, personally, is worth A LOT more than grinding an arena for days for the chance of picking up ANY champion. I can’t even remember the last time I did arena. I like this game, besides all the bugs and such, but it’s already way too grindy, especially these last couple months. I’ve got a job, family, and life that all come first.
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    I'm only doing 1 million for 45 units now, and 3 million on 6 star feature arena for another 45, and 600k on the 4 star arena for 78 units while hero use/arena win solo objective is on. Also doing rankup arena for units only, seems like the most efficient way to grind for me
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 820 ★★★
    You will not win a champ in arena unless you are brand new or have a giant paid for roster.

Just play arena for milestones.
    Before these insane cavalier crystals, you used to be able to grind for champs in arena.

Now? Good luck.

The hardcore players/spenders will play 5* arena just for the extra sig because they can easily.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    Yeah I have a decent roster (100+ 6* ,14 at r3) but the last time I did a real grind was 200+ rounds of arena for a 4* basic about 2+ years ago. I can get the 12m milestone in the featured by going through my 6* roster twice over the 3 days but I don't have the time needed to be pushing to 30-60m for a 5* much less 100+ for a 6*. I don't even have the time to get milestones in the 6* basic if I do the featured.

I'll take my chances with the crystals as i collect the shards in other game modes and settle for 6-10% rank or whatever. I too have a family, job and other things in life! It's nice we at least get the 4* now from milestones at least.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,338 ★★★★
    What a waste of time
    Not sure if it’s a great solution, but if you have the champ duped, you can’t get him again through arena.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 852 ★★★
    Arena is the fastest method FTP method to grow your roster. 11 million over three days indicates to me your roster is small. Grind arena for shards. Rank up champs to ease your grind. Casually do what you can.

Find something to occupy your mind while you grind. There are youtubers that stream while they grind. I usually watch movies or listen to music. Focusing on something other the the game makes arena more bearable for me.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Arena was great for building up my roster when I was below uncollected. Grinding arena for the best 4* champs (for both offense and defense...so way back when I still participated in war) was actually a massive boost to my roster and allowed me to progress much faster.

This was back when the 4* featured arena went for like 5.5 mil points for a hyped champ like Blade (closer to his release date). Those arenas were definitely worth doing for my roster at that time. It was still plenty grindy back then but it was doable for anyone that had a decent-sized roster and put in sufficient but not a ridiculous amount of time.

Nowadays, my roster only cares about 6* champs. No way in Hell would I waste the time to put up over 100-150 million points for a 6* champ. That's a ridiculous amount of time that I can't and won't put into a game. I don't think your average Joe could realistically grind arena today to get a 6* champ. The way I look at it, don't fool yourself into thinking you can get the 6* champ prize if you aren't prepared to play an unhealthy amount of time over 72 hours and neglect just about everything else.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    I hit 11 mill during summer break without a grind. I just hopped on for a while every little bit. took 2 days. Definetly a commitment but hardly a grind.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Arena is definitely not a fun part of the game. It’s just like queueing 3 days for a concert ticket (or whatever you want). During these 3 days, you can only roughly guess where’s your rank in selecting seat but at the same time you are competing with group of “gangs” who was hired by other customer to queue, plus some people who place a robot here to queue.

Everyone have a life, plus hobbies, job and family. Thus I won’t said this as everyone is equal in this respect.

Chicago school talks about transaction cost economics, and the transaction cost for arena is your time/mind/eyes health/monetary items (money and units) and your best alternative forgone. For this type of thing you better understand your target before getting in. Marvel Trucos / RichTheMan …. Etc. provides statistics and/or predictions on 5*/6* cutoffs.

Other than those no.1 title, 5*/6* champs and 5*/6* shards rewards, actually arena is also a place for causal accumulation of units / meeting 6-hour & 3-day objectives / arena crystal. I think these are better targets for those non-hardcore grinders or newbie. And I found arena helps me a lot when I was level 40s few years ago.

I have 70 6*, 160 5*, 190+ 4* at r3 above. Play over 200+ streaks regularly before but now only do so periodically. Given that my highest basic / featured results (without using unit) under the new system are 23m and 40m only. Not yet pushing to limit but that’s the highest transaction cost I’m willing to bear now.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Some people are Grinders, and some people aren't. I always suggest people do SOME Arena. Not everyone is a go-hard.
    DawsMan said:

I hit 11 mill during summer break without a grind. I just hopped on for a while every little bit. took 2 days. Definetly a commitment but hardly a grind.

This is the problem. OP can’t keep up with you. He’s grinding but has no chance while you’re just doing a few fights and kill his score.
    Stuff is ridiculous. Why would op ever do another arena?
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    I love playing arena and can’t wait to fight against r4s there. Only doing milestones, never grinding for a Champ