**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ipad mini 6 write up

OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
edited September 2021 in General Discussion

Today the new iPad mini 6 arrived - I've bought for work reasons; pen with note taking and will sync with a few mac things at work too. So naturally the first thing I did was fire up mcoc.

I currently play on an iphone SE 2020 and have used an iPad gen 6 (2018 i think) and also use (and still do for an alt) a Samsung note 9. The iPad mini has a faster chipset than all other iPads or iPhones with the exception of the iPad pros and I think more 1gb more ram than the iPad air, it's the same one in the new iPhone 13 infact. So out the box it's super quick, I've gone through a playback on arena and its under 2seconds load between fights:

Cheeky legends run attempt in next month's event quest?

It feels really good to hold and because there is a bezel I haven't had an accidental inputs or anything. I was suprised that the aspect ratio is the same as the old iPad maybe slightly wider but the tell is how many champs on the selection screen but ingame it looks great and super sharp.

I'm guessing this is because it's new and not optimised but there is a tiny gap between the game window and the border of the screen but its not noticeable when in game.

Will pop back to talk about battery life etc and any other problems that occur but any questions ask away.

edit: just noticed it screenshots that little gap, hah.

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I just got an iPhone 13 mini and I have to say there are some notable difference between my usual phone I play on. For one I’ve noticed that I’m having weird inputs comparatively but that could be down to user error. For instance second mediums while tapping to do light attacks has happened a few times to me.

I’ll have to do more testing though.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

I just got an iPhone 13 mini and I have to say there are some notable difference between my usual phone I play on. For one I’ve noticed that I’m having weird inputs comparatively but that could be down to user error. For instance second mediums while tapping to do light attacks has happened a few times to me.

Seems fine for me, I've just been clearing some uncollected using BWCV so would of noticed if it changed curses or not
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

ItsDamien said:

Seems fine for me, I've just been clearing some uncollected using BWCV so would of noticed if it changed curses or not
    Yeah it absolutely could be user error on my part since I’ve had the device for just over 24 hours and haven’t fully adjusted to it yet, but so far everything seems fairly good other than those couple of weird mediums instead of light attacks.
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 290 ★★★
    I've been using iPhone 13 (not Pro) and it's blazing fast and no issues or missed/extra inputs.

Very much a worthy upgrade and I'm glad to hear the iPad Mini 6 is also a good device. That would be a device is get if I didnthavethia iPhone as it's the same chipset as the new iPhone 13s in an aspect and hand held mode I could see being comfortable and not too strenuous over long gaming sessions.

Nice post!

I've been using iPhone 13 (not Pro) and it's blazing fast and no issues or missed/extra inputs.

Very much a worthy upgrade and I'm glad to hear the iPad Mini 6 is also a good device. That would be a device is get if I didnthavethia iPhone as it's the same chipset as the new iPhone 13s in an aspect and hand held mode I could see being comfortable and not too strenuous over long gaming sessions.

Nice post!

I don't want to jinx it but I haven't had any input problems. I thought I did was annoyed because I died on a fight, then died a second time for the same thing and then finally decided to read the incursion node; unblockable for first 6 seconds. Ooops!

I noticed they brought multi window to ipad, sadly doesn't work on mcoc but you can do picture in picture. I was watching one of the What Ifs on disney+ in the top corner while running through AQ without any problems in frames and nor did it get warm.

Also, I do like to play with the sound effects on low - it's an arena grinder thing so I don't have to pay 100% attention just listen for the sounds of a parry and can count combo hits etc. The speakers are true stereo in game so you won't get that muffled sound from a hand covering it.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    And here I am struggling to make saving for a new iPhone/iPad to upgrade from iPhone 6.

But my iPad mini 4 is still going strong after 5 years in or so. The load time is not that of any burden and I don’t think it’s worth upgrading to the newest iPad for an extra - 2-3 seconds loading screen. Then there is also project genesis that kabam is gonna make to reduce the loading screen map visit and all that so that’s something to think about when buying a new device.
    A battery update; had 80% last night after a 6* arena grind to 6mil, didn't charge it overnight (need to get another usb c in the bedroom as my phone needed it), took it to work for it's actual intended use; MS Teams, One Note and airplay to apple TV, got home finished off the milestones on 6* arena and 2.5mil in 5* arena and it was on 20%.

So... pretty decent (whether it lasts like that is a different story).
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    The battery sounds really good if you can keep it from 20% to 80% and not overcharge it or undercharge it. But mcoc being mcoc and it needs a powerful device to even be somewhat playable then maybe your iPad mini6 will act different and no longer a part of work? Who knows.

Yeah it's quick, got legends with a 5* Strife