**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Help with V1 chapter 3.1 Ultron

TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I'm stuck. Hit a roadblock on the boss.

Breezed through chapter 1 and 2 almost itemless. Having fun finally knocking this out just to finally cross it off.

But at this boss, I can't seem to keep armor shatter up with Medusa as I'm constantly waiting for ultrons evade cool downs. Been a pretty bad time and trying to figure the best way forward.

I have a decent cosmic/science roster. This was much more manageable when armor shatter actually prevented Ultron from evading. Now that it doesn't, this feels like a slog (for me) and not looking to fight this guy 15 more times.

Just looking for solid help/suggestions with other options. I'm not running suicides.

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Vision Aarkus ez clap
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Full synergy Thing steamrolls chapter 3.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    @TheLegend27 how does thing get around the regen and power gain. Seems like any damage done (even big damage) is regened back, or will it not trigger with no debuffs being triggered in Ultron?
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★

@TheLegend27 how does thing get around the regen and power gain. Seems like any damage done (even big damage) is regened back, or will it not trigger with no debuffs being triggered in Ultron?

Yea I think in that fight he only triggers those buffs or masochism if you parry or apply debuffs. Full synergy Thing takes him down in like 20-30 hits (I think...it's been a long time since I did the fight). Just don't parry for that time.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Hi, Tito!

I haven't done Variant 1 - what are the global nodes?

Is there some reason Aarkus or Corvus+Proxima won't work?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    Post the nodes including global
  • Honestly you just need to be patient with Medusa. Back drafts intercept, wait evade then bait out heavy repeat. I have 2 paths left of that, it’s the last thing I have to do in game hut that fight is so annoying.

Post the nodes including global

Honestly you just need to be patient with Medusa. Back drafts intercept, wait evade then bait out heavy repeat. I have 2 paths left of that, it’s the last thing I have to do in game hut that fight is so annoying.

Have you done it since the Ultron buff update? Armor shatter no longer prevents evade when his evade timer is active. If timing is off, you can lose the shatter and then the impart buff can immediately heal him up or take him to sp3 unless you're lucky and he gets fury and you can evade that out. I've had a couple long runs at it, but eventually, the regen has screwed me up and then block damage takes over.

I guess, I need to put on 200 cosmic boosts to avoid missing armor shatters with bad timing on the refresh.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    I haven't done it post buff but pre I used void. Need a bit of rng help at start for no power gain buff and parry just before voids timer for that maschoist to eat stun and get your debuffs to stick. Once you get a couple petrify on him your golden let him regen himself to death and he doesn't gain power.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    S2099 with his wither debuff should take care of both regen and power gain if you have him