**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Story Act 5.1.5 Burden of Might bug?

Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
edited October 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
I was going back through 5.1.5 with the Electro boss and a burden of might global to 100% it and I am not sure if it is bugged or if I am not understanding how it is functioning correctly.

The description says if you have a buff expire you lose 25% max power. No matter what champion I use every time my dexterity gives me the precision (I think that's what it is) buff once I hit the enemy and it disappears the power drain message appears twice on the screen and I lose what I assume is 50% of my max power (I never get too far above 1 bar of power to see if it is exactly 50% without losing it beforehand but since 1 bar is 33.333% of max power and I lose the entire bar plus whatever little bit above I had it is clearly more than 25%) because I am always reset back to 0 power. The only buff I am aware of that is there and expires is the one from dexterity so I don't know why I get two power drain call outs and lose over the 25% the global indicates I should.

Am I not understanding how the global effect works or how that dexterity produced buff works that would somehow make it count as two buffs or is it a bug?

I don't have a picture with the precision buff before hitting the enemy but it was the only buff that was present and as this picture shows I got 2 power drain messages.

The picture is as close as I could get to the moment after I hit Kamala but of course it shows her hitting me because I can't take screenshots without the enemy attacking me.

Comments

• te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    I'll leave here a comment that i wrote a week ago in another thread reguarding the interaction between dexterity and Burden Of Might node:

Because dexterity acts as two buffs: the first one is the indefinite precision that you get when you actually dex, the second one is when you hit your opponent, remove your permanent precision and convert it into an expiring one. This means that you lose power when the buff get removed and then again when the new one expire ^_^
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Wow, that's ridiculous. Why would they design a node that punishes players for having a mastery that they pretty much tell you is required to have by twice the posted amount? If they can't manage to code the dexterity precision in a way that doesn't use a double buff for only a single beneficial effect then they should have found a way to exclude it from the effects of burden of might entirely. The sloppy coding is so annoying. Anyways, thanks for the answer.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Zan0 said:

Crine60 said:

Wow, that's ridiculous. Why would they design a node that punishes players for having a mastery that they pretty much tell you is required to have by twice the posted amount? If they can't manage to code the dexterity precision in a way that doesn't use a double buff for only a single beneficial effect then they should have found a way to exclude it from the effects of burden of might entirely. The sloppy coding is so annoying. Anyways, thanks for the answer.

This Node was designed before dexterity was changed from making a new buff every time you dexed.
    Ahh that was a dark time. Stun immunity Dorm or juggs in aw with maxed dispersion pre dispersion nerf.
    Zan0 said:

Crine60 said:

This Node was designed before dexterity was changed from making a new buff every time you dexed.
    In a way that's worse though because it means they made it and left it that way when it was an even more punishing thing which is even more of a glaring oversight or just lack of fairness on the designers' part. Oh well, thanks for the clarification.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Crine60 said:

Zan0 said:

Crine60 said:

In a way that's worse though because it means they made it and left it that way when it was an even more punishing thing which is even more of a glaring oversight or just lack of fairness on the designers' part. Oh well, thanks for the clarification.
    the current version actually helps yyou a lot in some matchups if you know how it works.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    You think it's bad in 5.1.5?

Wait till you're trying to clear this (pretty horrible) path in Variant 5:

I don't know what sadist designed the path with Burden of Might plus Power Shield, but it came out a long time after Dexterity changed; so they knew perfectly well what they were doing...

Crine60 said:

Zan0 said:

Crine60 said:

the current version actually helps yyou a lot in some matchups if you know how it works.
    I don't understand the disagrees I am always getting with stuff that doesn't seem the least bit controversial but whatever.

Can you explain how losing 50% of your max power is a beneficial thing? I am honestly curious about what helpful strategy I am overlooking for this node's interaction with dexterity and my power.