**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Doom or venom help

Help please I can rank 5, 5* Doom or rank 4 5* venom duped. Doom .is tempting but having another r4 may be better? Please let.me.know your options and any experiences
I also have an awakening gem for mystic is Doom worth it? Thanks

Comments

• Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    As always, it depends what content you're working on.

In general though having a top 5 character in the game as an r5 is going to have have huge benefits for a growing account. I would take him up without hesitation.

Don't use the mystic AG, he doesn't need it. It primarily benefits him as an AW defender, and for prestige.

Also watch some videos on mastering the Doom cycle. It isn't complicated to learn, but a surprising number of people play him without knowing how to maximize his damage and control.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    I would also rank up Doom. He is without a question one of the best champions in the game and having him at r5 will benefit you immensely. I like Venom as well but he's just not on the same level.

I probably wouldn't use a gem on Doom either, but there's also not a lot of mystics who need their awakened ability so it's not like you're really saving it for anyone by keeping it. But his sig ability is very situational. At sig 1 you can gain a power gain buff if you nullify one, and between sig 1 and 200 his ability to place a shock debuff after nullifying a buff goes up from X to 100%. That's a whole lot of investment for a fairly situational ability that won't benefit you especially much in most circumstances.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I would r4 venom and then do variants and then get rank up materials from variants and r5 doom.