**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Vision AOU or OG Vision

vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
So here is the predicament:

I have an awakening gem + about 30 tech sig stones.

Do I wait for the next OG Vision deal, finish collector, 5.3 and 4.6 of RTTL, orrrrr

Do I use the gem on Vision AOU and buy suicides and just go hammer down on the stuff I have not completed.

Pros to OG vision:

1.Instant synthesis of power (really helps in AW nodes) and nodes where champs start with power
2. Do not need to attack into opponent and can sit back,evade, and wait for synthesis.

Pros to Vision AOU:

1. Can obviously use him right now and not wait for a deal that might not come
2. The steal utility can actually be approximately up to 128% power transition (100% drain + 28% steal) versus the max of 100% power drain of OG vision.

I am really stuck here, alliance is on the fence but they are pushing for Vision AOU + suicides (I should note all my AW defense haa at least 1 immune). My friends are on the fence. Any help is appreciated.

Vision AOU or OG Vision 70 votes

OG Vision (at a later date)
58%
CakedaddyQu1ckshoT32_GamingBigMoNoob_2yrsSligI_ZERO_IPart_time_guy1vg2782AndyB1985Cleiton_007EliOrSomethingninexhelixI_am_GrootNitrocurseVision_41Delta_14Username819273943VartoxCoolGuy_McFlyBigTuna_2054 41 votes
Vision AOU + suicides (right now)
41%
Etaki_LirakoiDL864NevvBSlySlyAjavedTheLazyKingRaganatorSpity68SaiyanCap253MukeshthegamerScottryanSuperman69Anurag16061haunted_memoryApollonight187Cosmos_2002LightvayneSuskanutSoup91syk 29 votes

Comments

• vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Is there any pros to either one that I am not obviously considering?
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    OG is high prestige and Aou is very low if that matters to you.
    Thats evil empire thats surely something to think about since im still growing my prestige appreciate it :)
    edited October 2017
    Wow OGvision is making a comeback, any one else feel like sharing more oppinion on the matter?

Is it worth mentioning im f2p, I havent because I do grind arenas and obtain 500-1k/week but I will be having to spend the extra 4k units on og vision
  • Vision AOU + suicides (right now)
    Check your synergies as well ik AOU has sym with ultron SW and iron man see who better fits your team
  • OG Vision (at a later date)
    OG vision 100%, I have both at R5 and almost exclusively use him as opposed to the AOU version. his synthesis at the start and throughout the fight makes him so much better and comes in extremely handy with content like AW where there are power gain nodes, or champions with the Mystic Dispersion mastery.
    edited October 2017
    OG vision 100%, I have both at R5 and almost exclusively use him as opposed to the AOU version. his synthesis at the start and throughout the fight makes him so much better and comes in extremely handy with content like AW where there are power gain nodes, or champions with the Mystic Dispersion mastery.

Ya that is kind of the big lean on OG, that initial power drain is crucial on some nodes, only other champ off the top of my head that comes even close to initial drain lock would be a dormammu and just spam med>med combos to lock down (and he is in my AW defense team atm)

AOU does need 1 bar to start his lockdown, magik needs 2, etc.
  • Delta_14Delta_14 Posts: 64
    I'm also (mostly) free to play, and bought OG Vision from units I had saved in the last round of deals.

For me, there is no comparison; OG Vision is SO much better than Vision AoU (I have both duped and at 5/50). OG Vision is probably my second favourite champ to play right now, and a staple of my AW attack (and AQ on AW off days). On the right node, he can also be a great AW defender. The synthesis off-the-draw is incredibly useful, and can bypass nodes (like power being capped at 1 bar). I also find it much easier to keep an opponent permenantly under 1 bar of power with OG Vision than Vision AoU.

The real question is how long are you prepared to wait? I'm not saying he isn't good, but in my opinion there are probably better options for each of the game modes/challenges you mention than Vision AoU (although obviously that would depend on the rest of your roster) mainly due to his damage output- I know he's a utility champ, but he still seems to hit more softly than his OG counterpart. We have no clue when (or even if) the next OG Vision deal will be... although it's been long enough that it'd likely come up in a few months.

If you're in a rush to finish the content, then take Vision AoU. But I'd highly recommend OG Vision even if you end up doing this- awakening gems are more common than they used to be, so it wouldn't be that hard to get another.
    I guess is it worth the wait for OG is something I am now considering/maybe just stay above 4k units and hold off on the masteries for a while and pray i get another generic/tech gem for OG...

Funny fact, last time i spent roughly 4k units on getting DW and Assassins, the week after kabam released the mastery core massive discount lmao do not want that happening again. (Buy suicides, then OG deal comes next week)
    Thanks a lot delta, not sure why but my response to your post got deleted and basically was saying thank you your input helps

1. Didnt know about the bypass on the 1 bar lock nodes
    2. I do not have a good true power control champ other than a 4/40 hawkeye (dormammu is tied up in AW defense usuallly)
    3. 50+ different 4*s and still no magik to lockdown power for questing at the least.
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Is Og even in Crystals?
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    He's amazing
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited October 2017
    OG Vision, you could dupe Vision AOU anyday.

My experience, when I was to rank4 some Vision I was the same dilemma, so I ranked up OG Vision then right that week I duped AOU.

If you chose OG, Could you write the data about how increase his sig Value vs sig Level?. It seem like nobody have done it.

But you should wait for the next deal and I don't if you could wait.
    Do someone know when is the next Vision OG deal?.
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    OG Vision, you could dupe Vision AOU anyday.

My experience, when I was to rank4 some Vision I was the same dilemma, so I ranked up OG Vision then right that week I duped AOU.

If you chose OG, Could you write the data about how increase his sig Value vs sig Level?. It seem like nobody have done it.

But you should wait for the next deal and I don't if you could wait.
    Do someone know when is the next Vision OG deal?.

Well i think there was one in January and then one in May so I am assuming there is another one upcoming very soom (actually expected it in September and thats why I am not sure of they will offer it again)
    Kocheese wrote: »
    Is Og even in Crystals?

No he is not just unit/$$$ deal offers that come around periodically
  • Delta_14Delta_14 Posts: 64
    Thanks a lot delta, not sure why but my response to your post got deleted and basically was saying thank you your input helps

2. I do not have a good true power control champ other than a 4/40 hawkeye (dormammu is tied up in AW defense usuallly)
    3. 50+ different 4*s and still no magik to lockdown power for questing at the least.

No problem. The 1 bar lock thing isn't a deal-maker or anything, but it's kinda useful in specific circumstances (truthfully I don't fully understand the interaction; I believe you have to be under 1 bar of pwoer at the time, but it's a fairly rare node so I haven't played with it too much).

I'm not a Dormammu fan, but a lack of power control is unfortunate. Although Vision AoU is perfectly servicable without his dupe ability, in my opinion.
    edited October 2017
    Delta_14 wrote: »

No problem. The 1 bar lock thing isn't a deal-maker or anything, but it's kinda useful in specific circumstances (truthfully I don't fully understand the interaction; I believe you have to be under 1 bar of pwoer at the time, but it's a fairly rare node so I haven't played with it too much).

I'm not a Dormammu fan, but a lack of power control is unfortunate. Although Vision AoU is perfectly servicable without his dupe ability, in my opinion.

I think I am going to wait for OG.

I am going to cross my fingers and finish the new goldbaum challenge hopefully it gives me another tech gem or dupe my AOU very soon lol and then just sit tight.

I guess ill manage the power control with Dorm as best I can for now for quests, and just keep running iceman in AW and eat sp3s and just keep evading the unblockable special nodes lol.
  • Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    @vinniegainz I completed the goldblum challenge and got a 4 star tech gem. I want to use it on my Vision (AoU), but I'm hoping the offer comes soon for OG Vision. I'd like to see the offer come soon but I need to save up units first. Do you have an idea when he will come again in an offer?
    Kamr05 wrote: »
    @vinniegainz I completed the goldblum challenge and got a 4 star tech gem. I want to use it on my Vision (AoU), but I'm hoping the offer comes soon for OG Vision. I'd like to see the offer come soon but I need to save up units first. Do you have an idea when he will come again in an offer?

I honestly expected it in september/october because they had one in January and May as far as I know so I am hoping it is really soon.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Love my OG. Great champ! Price tag was high, but I have used him a lot!