**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Different Approach to Mastery Enhancement

I would like to make a suggestion for a different approach to Player Mastery Enhancement. Instead of just earning additional Mastery points for finishing content, I would like to see the ability to permanently change a character's capabilities, possibly through the use of interchangeable ISO Gems that could be swapped in and out. One way to do this could be to change the Max level from 60 to 70. Once a player reaches level 70 they would unlock one slot for an interchangeable ISO Gem. These ISO Gems would be purchased through the store or earned for completing End Game content. These slots would be automatically opened in 6* champions once a certain rank is reached and available to be used by 5* champions once rank 5 is maxed. A few examples of an ISO Gem capability could be: Stun Immune, Unblockable Sp 1, Unblockable Sp 2, Unblockable Heavy Attack, Bleed Immune, Poison Immune, Defensive Ability Accuracy Reduction or Offensive Ability Accuracy Reduction. I think this sort of approach would bring an interesting dynamic to making older champions more fun and usable while not just earning additional Mastery Points, although I still would like to be able to add Mastery Points in the future.

Comments

• Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    No thanks I don't want gear in any form.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    No thanks I don't want gear in any form.

Agreed....it would just be something else for them to sell...
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Absolutely not. Every time this is suggested, it is the worst suggestion for this game I've ever heard.

First off, the entire mechanic of the game changes right then and there. You're no longer collecting the heroes, but the gear/items to rank up those heroes. No matter your roster, everyone will have the exact same ****, and the game will turn stale as month old rye bread.

Secondly, all those heroes we've all collected would end up getting nerfed to a base point, and we would then have to acquire gear to instead rank our entire rosters for use. In essence, 3 years of playing for absolutely nothing... The entire established player base would simply depart. BAD BUSINESS.

Thirdly, Kabam screws up EVERYTHING with EVERY UPDATE. Why in the name of Odin's beard would you want them to undertake such a HUGE change to the game, which would SURELY make the game even MORE unplayable, and for good.

TL;DR
    Stupid idea, for so many reasons. Very stupid.
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    ... last time I try to make a constructive recommendation for the game... I was in no way shape or form meaning to suggest Gear.
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    I thought it might be cool to use my r4 CM on offense while immune to bleed with suicides turned on. I place her on bleed immune node on AW Defense and feel like that makes her more interesting to face off against. I thought that might be cool to try on Attack or in Quest. Thanks for letting me know!
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Flag it all you want as abuse, but it isn't. That is my opinion on your suggestion. You also directly described the entire idea of 'gear' in your first post.

The fact is, the very first big thing on these forums was the entire playerbase banding together to demand Kabam cease all attempts to itemise champion progression.