7.3.6 Kang - Why am I dealing zero damage?

DalBotDalBot Member Posts: 1,632 ★★★★★
edited October 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Genuinely confused. Based upon my reading of the nodes there shouldn't be a reason why he's doing 0 damage. Any ideas?

https://youtu.be/-nSIw3eyvso

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• DalBotDalBot Member Posts: 1,632 ★★★★★
    Anyone else seeing this? I went far right so anyone who went that way wanna chime in?
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    DalBot said:

Anyone else seeing this? I went far right so anyone who went that way wanna chime in?

Aegon (who I subbed in and didn't have many of the path node thingies) and Hercules (had maybe 3ish?) didn't do any damage for me.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Reading the abilities it sounds like he has 75% damage reduction increased by 150% due to the node. You need mutant mystic or tech to gain multiple prowess/armor/power gain to get around it.
  • BeeweeBeewee Member Posts: 551 ★★★★

Reading the abilities it sounds like he has 75% damage reduction increased by 150% due to the node. You need mutant mystic or tech to gain multiple prowess/armor/power gain to get around it.

Unfortunately when using a mutant they gave me fury buffs and never prowess. No matter what happened I couldnt do anything
  • GrubGrub Member Posts: 258 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    This is stupid. Can’t do damage either with multiple different champs. Mystic and mutants both with paradox and doesn’t do anything.
  • LlessurLlessur Member Posts: 488 ★★★

Maybe he starts the fight in phase transition
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Apparently you have to end the penultimate fight with 8 paradox charges if you want to deal good damage
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 810 ★★★★
    It needs to be tech, mutant or mystic. You were using a CGR, a cosmic champ. Pay attention to the classes.
    Daaannii said:

Tech isn’t working , my warlock with 8 furies does 0 damage

Tech didn't work, because you went the Fury path. For that you need Cosmic, skill, science.
  • ZurafaZurafa Member Posts: 52
    He has 150% increased dmg reduction, that’s only decreased by having a tech, mutant, or mystic champ with power gain, prowess, or armor buffs on them. You would need one of those 3 classes with a minimum of 3 paradox charges or those specific buffs to start dealing damage. Cgr is cosmic so he doesn’t decrease the dmg reduction. I didn’t realize this at first too and almost had to restart my final path but luckily had ghost built up with 5 paradox charges and she was doing insane damage with specials. Could have soloed if I wasn’t bad lol
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Took the shards path and after getting Kang to 90%, I dealt 0 damage. Very weird
    https://youtu.be/FyJ7VLfzYE4

Even without Paradoxes, still dealing 0 damage.
    edited October 2021
    Side note, I also tried it with my other champs with Paradoxes ranging from 3-8. Also 0 damage.

(The first 10% was done with Doom.)
    You need at least 6 paradox, 8 max. Pick the champ you'll fight kang with, build 8 paradox and quit out. Then finish the path with anyone else.
    Then at Kang revive your designated champ
  • DalBotDalBot Member Posts: 1,632 ★★★★★
    I won't say that I dislike the idea of having what you do in other fights effecting how the boss fights go, but I think it should be more of a reward if you did it right in other fights versus a penalty like it clearly is here.
  • KibiKibi Member Posts: 57
    So found this thread cuz i got to him and couldnt do any damage and all the nodes read as disabled. very unclear messaging trying to figure out whats on and whats off. FORTUNATELY had a semi built apoc who had 7 paradox on him incidentally. had to revive him solo a few times to get it done. pretty crappy setup wasting 2 full hp champs (r3 doom and gulk) and having to quit the fight.
  • LlessurLlessur Member Posts: 488 ★★★
    xNig said:

Took the shards path and after getting Kang to 90%, I dealt 0 damage. Very weird

At 90% he goes into phase two and becomes indestructible for 9.5 seconds