**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Extremely fast game?

Anyone else having this issue? It's maddening and driving me crazy, going super fast for me. I'm just curious if it's just me or not. I've stopped playing because it's just too "sped up" to do anything. I came here looking for a megathread or something about it but I haven't seen a single comment. Now I'm wondering if it's just me or not. Thanks!

Comments

• LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Do you mean each fight or quest? Share with us a little more about what you mean
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    Th loading times? Or the gameplay in general?
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Camby01 said:

I believe what OP is referring to is the difference in the fight speed, no need to get passive aggressive. The overall fights have been skewed for years, same pi, same paths, different times of day, equals a inconsistent game play experience. I haven't noticed the same swing on my sons iPhone, but I know, and can almost put a clock to the times the game "speeds up".

How does anyone disagree with that? Objective/subjective? Give me a break, smh
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

I believe what OP is referring to is the difference in the fight speed, no need to get passive aggressive. The overall fights have been skewed for years, same pi, same paths, different times of day, equals a inconsistent game play experience. I haven't noticed the same swing on my sons iPhone, but I know, and can almost put a clock to the times the game "speeds up".

How does anyone disagree with that? Objective/subjective? Give me a break, smh
    People just disagree when their opinion isn’t shared by you, even if it is a degree off of yours. That’s just how it is.

Can you say some more about what is fast for you on Android? I’m on IOS and unsure what you’re talking about
    Not sure how to explain this to an ios user without actually having you see it... you would expect that a higher pi on the defender would make the defender move/evade/whatever mechanic quicker. Fair enough, makes sense right? If you are on Android, that same path fight, hour to hour, could be a difference of 20k pi as far as pace, or 0, no way to tell until you're in it. I have paused fights, waited 30 seconds and had a different "pace".
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Camby01 said:

Not sure how to explain this to an ios user without actually having you see it... you would expect that a higher pi on the defender would make the defender move/evade/whatever mechanic quicker. Fair enough, makes sense right? If you are on Android, that same path fight, hour to hour, could be a difference of 20k pi as far as pace, or 0, no way to tell until you're in it. I have paused fights, waited 30 seconds and had a different "pace".

Wait there's a mechanic where defenders moves quicker based on PI? Android user and never noticed that.
    Timing is completely different in ios/Android.
    Has kabam ever said they were going to reinstated the challenger rating aspect? When they first came out with the challenger rating years ago, there was an uproar, and they backed off of it. Haven't seen anything to say that they reimplemented it.

Camby01 said:

Wait there's a mechanic where defenders moves quicker based on PI? Android user and never noticed that.
    I was asked a question, I tried to respond as succinctly as possible, you can please go troll somewhere else.

Camby01 said:

I don't think PI affects what you're talking about, though you aren't far off, I believe that is determined by the Champion's "Challenge Rating" which does go up the higher their Level/Rank (and Potentially increases with Nodes but there's no way of knowing that).
    You can't see the stat on Defenders as far as I'm aware but you can see it on the Champions in your Roster, by going to their Info and checking the Base Stats tab, so we know it exists.
    Whether you call it pi or whatever, I was trying to use a baseline for the effect that I have personally experienced, and what I think OP was referencing.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Camby01 said:

Has kabam ever said they were going to reinstated the challenger rating aspect? When they first came out with the challenger rating years ago, there was an uproar, and they backed off of it. Haven't seen anything to say that they reimplemented it.

It'd be weird if they just left it there as the Rating still increases with each Level/Rank/Star Difference as well is on every single Champion old and new, though I guess there was the infamous Alliance Bases or whatever it was called which sat unused for years, but then why would they continue to have the Challenge Rating put on New Champions too.
    Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

I don't think PI affects what you're talking about, though you aren't far off, I believe that is determined by the Champion's "Challenge Rating" which does go up the higher their Level/Rank (and Potentially increases with Nodes but there's no way of knowing that).
    You can't see the stat on Defenders as far as I'm aware but you can see it on the Champions in your Roster, by going to their Info and checking the Base Stats tab, so we know it exists.
    Whether you call it pi or whatever, I was trying to use a baseline for the effect that I have personally experienced, and what I think OP was referencing.
    I know, wasn't going against that baseline either, was just explaining PI
    specifically isn't the scaling factor from what I could tell and didn't want anyone to get confused.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    It's an issue that occurs when you're doing a piece of content for a long time, at least in my experience. When I was doing my SL and Inhumans Labyrinth runs, I noticed that if I was in the quest for longer than about 30 minutes, then the fights would start speeding up and controls would get wonky. I countered it by just stopping for a break when it happened or playing with an icepack under my phone. I'm not sure if the ice pack actually helped or not.
    Lol, doubt it was the ice packs, unless it was helping the thumbs out.
  • I've had that issue before with some fights, but I would pause the fight and when I resumed, it would be back to normal speed

It's an issue that occurs when you're doing a piece of content for a long time, at least in my experience. When I was doing my SL and Inhumans Labyrinth runs, I noticed that if I was in the quest for longer than about 30 minutes, then the fights would start speeding up and controls would get wonky. I countered it by just stopping for a break when it happened or playing with an icepack under my phone. I'm not sure if the ice pack actually helped or not.

I think that's called a Memory Leak, when you keep the Game running too long it Progressively gets more Unstable which can cause issues when something like an input drops or animation fails causing a crash. (Don't know the full details on that though so I might have gotten that wrong)
    SL labyrinth is long for corina

Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

specifically isn't the scaling factor from what I could tell and didn't want anyone to get confused.
    Fair enough, I had alliance bases for years as one of my "options" so I assume I've been playing this game s fair length longer than you. I was trying to make it easy to understand for the forums post. Using a fairly well understood concept.
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 173
    Android user here. I always notice a change in "pace" when a new version comes out and not everyone has downloaded it yet. Not quite the issue OP is talking about, but same effect on playing.
    Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

Camby01 said:

Fair enough, I had alliance bases for years as one of my "options" so I assume I've been playing this game s fair length longer than you. I was trying to make it easy to understand for the forums post. Using a fairly well understood concept.
    I did too, I was just using that as a potential case that could go against my point, what does Play Time have to do with any of this?
    Nada, I was using your reference point.

I think that's called a Memory Leak, when you keep the Game running too long it Progressively gets more Unstable which can cause issues when something like an input drops or animation fails causing a crash. (Don't know the full details on that though so I might have gotten that wrong)
    That's the exact opposite of my experience, and for that matter, my ally mates on Android.

Do you "know" that is memory leak, is it something you have experienced, able/qualified to diagnose? When I pause the game for 15 to 30 seconds mid fight I generally get a more stable experience. Not always, but more so than not. Doesn't really make day 5 of aq much fun pausing a fight for 30 seconds.
    Camby01 said:

That's the exact opposite of my experience, and for that matter, my ally mates on Android.

Do you "know" that is memory leak, is it something you have experienced, able/qualified to diagnose? When I pause the game for 15 to 30 seconds mid fight I generally get a more stable experience. Not always, but more so than not. Doesn't really make day 5 of aq much fun pausing a fight for 30 seconds.
    It wouldn't be over a matter of minutes, it'd be more like if you were playing for 3 hours straight for example you would start to notice little drops in frames or input here and there progressively getting worse the longer you're on for. It's not something only Apps and Mobile Devices experience, and is usually fixed by simply closing and reopening the App/Game or resetting the device.

What I don't know is if it's different for every device, but very well could be or more specifically every different Operating System.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    Thanks guys and thanks @Camby01! I didn't mean to cause drama, I'm kind of experiencing all of the above. Besides all of the block,, dex, parry, sp, heavy, etc bugs the game runs super slow opening crystals, moving anywhere, or pretty much anything that's not actual fighting. During fights it'll change speeds a lot. Sometimes it's slow (the defender moves like it's 2016), sometimes it's what we would consider "normal", and sometimes it's super fast. Not necessarily 2X fast but fast. Defenders charge heavies in what feels like 1/4 of a second, run across the screen and hit me before I can react (for example, making Rhino almost constantly Unstoppable) and explosions and things like that happen so fast I can barely see them. I know the laws of physics don't apply but at times it's ridiculously fast. Maybe it's all tied to the whole "memory leak" thing. I agree with most of what you all said. Sometimes pausing will help, sometimes not. I appreciate the input and didn't intend to cause a debate. I just wanted to see if I was alone in seeing all of this. Oh! I'm on Android 11 with everything updated if it matters. Sorry to be so long, I just wanted to clarify. Thanks!