Please fix AW matchmaking

Joel92598Joel92598 Member Posts: 82
It's about that time of season again where you see undeserving alliances at the top of the alliance war leaderboards. The matchmaking system is not fair to the alliances with higher war ratings. Their matchups during the season are much more difficult and are against other alliances with high rating. This includes rematches. On the other hand, some of these alliances at the top of the war leaderboards have not faced any or little REAL competition. The top rated alliances like kenob, asr, gt40 and NewN face at least 2 of the 4, twice a season. While others don't even have these 4 alliances but are higher than them on the leaderboard because they are facing alliances with lower ratings, but still in tier 1 and they end up in the highest placements of alliance war seasons. Please fix matchmaking. Matchmaking should be based on current placement in the war standings and there should be no reason that an alliance should have repeat matches when there's 20 alliances in master and only 12 wars.

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,773 ★★★★★
    OP is kinda right on rematches.
    Kabam can easily implement this for top 50 alliances to never face a rematch during same season.
    But I dont play t1, what can I say...
  • Joel92598Joel92598 Member Posts: 82
    Zan0 said:

Do you realise how small tier 1 is? It’s like 50-60 alliances at most. The ones below that get a smaller multiplier.

Matchmaking is working as intended

There's 12 wars a season and the top war rating alliances always rematch? How is that fair or working as intended?
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Member Posts: 778 ★★★
    Joel92598 said:

Zan0 said:

Do you realise how small tier 1 is? It’s like 50-60 alliances at most. The ones below that get a smaller multiplier.

There's 12 wars a season and the top war rating alliances always rematch? How is that fair or working as intended?
    I don't really understand what your trying to say in your post. R you trying to say that top allies shouldn't be facing each other but instead other allies that are in their relative bracket? Example: Like KenOB vs whatever ally is in Master ranked 20th?
  • Joel92598Joel92598 Member Posts: 82

Joel92598 said:

Zan0 said:

I don't really understand what your trying to say in your post. R you trying to say that top allies shouldn't be facing each other but instead other allies that are in their relative bracket? Example: Like KenOB vs whatever ally is in Master ranked 20th?
    I'm saying matchups should be based on current standings and not war rating. Also, there shouldn't be any rematches because alliances like kenob and asr always face each other twice while other alliances get easy schedules.