**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best way to use Groot...easy 5* shards

If you are like me, you are trying to hoard as many 5* shards as possible before stark spidey comes out. Unless it is a crazy good deal, I try not to spend money on this game. So here is a good way to gain 5* shards.

Take for example the lower tier champs, in this case it is Groot. I have no use for this character, so when he comes up in the basic arena we know he will not go for much. I did 2.2 mill both times and got him.

So I sell my 3/30 Groot for 425 5* shards, then I get him back in the arena as well as 300 more 5* shards and the rerank him back to 3/30. If you do this twice you have gained 1450 5* shards and you still get to keep your Groot.

hd420tlm6wry.png
ymz9kxe33d82.png

Just a tip I thought I would share.

Comments

• dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    This is nothing new, and is known by many.

Yet I am still surprised they even allow selling champs.
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    This is what I did as well. I'm keeping the second one.
  • EeyoureEeyoure Posts: 14
    Newer player. Never thought about doing this. I have just hitting 1.5 and stopping. Unfortunately my groot is duped so maybe next low tier basic lol.
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    I never thought of this. That's an interesting idea.

Of course, it's too late to do it with Groot now. Maybe next time there's a lame champ in the basic arena.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    only idiots will sell champs it gives more arena points and gives more shards in the longer run
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    NDK13 wrote: »
    only idiots will sell champs it gives more arena points and gives more shards in the longer run

Um... did you read the post? As for arena points many of us have enough champs that we never use them all in arena anyway. This guy got way more shards than he could by duping... he must be an idiot lmao.
  • Don’t give everyone a reason to up the score on crappy basic champs.
  • Lol don't sell champs ever.. How many times have you Duped groot now.. Once he's max sig you get double shards every dupe
  • I have kamela khan max sig and wouldn't dream of selling her selling champs is short term gain keeping them reels better benifts in the long run
    Lol don't sell champs ever.. How many times have you Duped groot now.. Once he's max sig you get double shards every dupe

Winning a champ in the basic arena isn't duping. You get one sig level, not 20.

What you're saying makes sense if the Groot already has a high sig level. It wouldn't be good to lose all those sig levels when you're close to getting max sig stones. However, if someone hasn't duped him yet, then this will get them an extra 850 units for all that grinding instead of 2 sig levels.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    This guy selling champs will moan the next time compo is sent out and their overall PI isn't high enough like last time.

Never sell champs, no point in it. Unless your in a rush to get a 5* war machine or Spideygwen XD
  • 1King_Jerry1King_Jerry Posts: 66
    NDK13 wrote: »

in the very very long run. Not everyone has that type of patience. I go crazy when I try to hoard my map 5 and 6 crystals for a week
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    This ultimately prevents you from getting max sig crystals though but an intriguing path nonetheless
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    It takes 22 dupes of a single 4 star champion for it to generate more 5* shards than ranking to 3 and selling. And that's assuming that you always get shards from max dupe crystals (which isn't true).

So, only idiots fail to understand context and math and make declarative statements like, "Only idiots sell champs!"

What the OP described is a great way to churn a useless hero to get more 5* shards. If you've got the gold and iso to spare, it is a fantastic plan. But what do I know, I have 30 5* champs, many of them duped or multi-duped. If I'd never sold a 4* champ I'd have less, that is a mathematical fact, but I guess I'm an idiot.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    In the short run selling 4*s for quick 5* shards and winning them back in the arena seems like a good idea.

In the long run I would think keeping all my 4*'s and getting them to sig 99 would eventually give me way more 5* shards, plus shards from sig crystals, and I keep all my resources. Of course I am playing my whole roster in account vs a single champ. But if the majority of my roster is at sig 99 than I of course will gain a lot of 5* shard per month since 4* crystal come very quick.

Everyone has their strategy I guess.
    Okay, here's a scenario for people who can't see how this is a good idea.

I have a 4* champ in my inventory who I don't like and don't use. He isn't duped, and I haven't leveled him at all. Selling him would waste absolutely nothing.

Now he's coming up in the basic arena, and he'll go cheap. Since I don't want to use him, I have no interest in awakening him.

Here's the important bit. It's not worth grinding that arena to get 300 5* shards and awaken a champ I never intend to use. I'm not going to waste sig stones on him, so I'd still need 5 dupes to get him to max sig ability, same as if I'd never awakened him in the arena. So I won't do that.

However, a couple million worth of grinding *would* be worth it to get 725 5* shards. It might even be worth doing that twice.

It's not about getting him to sig level 99. Right now, he's at sig level 0, and he'll still be at sig level 0 after the arena is over if I don't use this tactic. Like I said, I'm not going to do that arena just for 300 5* shards and taking him to sig level 2. So without this tactic, at the end of the arena I'll have the sig 0 champ and no extra 5* shards. With this tactic, I'll have that same sig 0 champ, but I'll also have 1450 5* shards.

I don't have to do this with every champ, but there are a few where it's a good idea.

• Don’t give everyone a reason to up the score on crappy basic champs.

Don't be a Hater...scrub!!