**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Peni Parker War Boss with Venompool

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
I know I've seen at least one video of this matchup, but I think its worth sharing here on the forums, because Venompool is so much fun after his update. He absolutely destroys Peni Parker on pretty much any node, but its extra fun when it is the boss node. Enjoy the show :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqpuz9E4IY4&t=35s&ab_channel=Werewrym

Comments

• Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Whats his rotation without synergies?

I see sp3 then sp2, but I heard the sp2 has a super tight window to special intercept with. Then again even if he can’t get the stun and not finish the dance, he gets a power gain buff
  • Options

good luck for your showdown btw, support from one piano player to another ;)

Hey thanks man I appreciate it!
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Clean
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Whats his rotation without synergies?

I see sp3 then sp2, but I heard the sp2 has a super tight window to special intercept with. Then again even if he can’t get the stun and not finish the dance, he gets a power gain buff

I think it really depends on the fight, I use sp3 in this fight because if you can get off that massive bleed there's really not much left to do. The sp2 timing is super tight so most of the time you wont intercept them, however, you can still let him do his dance and you'll get the duplicate buffs about 50% of the time. And if you don't finish the dance you get a nice power gain buff so you'll get back to the sp2 again real quick. The sp1 is mainly for building your cookin meter, but in a boss fight against Peni you'll end up getting all of your buffs by the time you hit sp3 so thats why I didn't use sp1 first.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    Peni is an average defender on boss node.
    Took her down myself with venom. Just a long low risk fight.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Always nice to see another VP enthusiast. Great job! I picked mine to be awakened outta Nexus, put him to r2 and am considering r3 over CGR!

@Polygon The rotation depends on the opponent. If they get buffs, even just a few, then I do SP1 till I have all genetic buffs and then SP2. With any aggressive AI, it is easy to anticipate a dash from the opponent so I get my stun in 90% cases. If not, as you said there is still the powergain, so it isn't a complete waste. However for an easy rampup on buffless opponent, SP3 opening is a good idea
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    Werewrym said:

I know I've seen at least one video of this matchup, but I think its worth sharing here on the forums, because Venompool is so much fun after his update. He absolutely destroys Peni Parker on pretty much any node, but its extra fun when it is the boss node. Enjoy the show :smile:

Is that Sentinel on you team 👀
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Venompool is a lot of fun
  • Options

Werewrym said:

Yep! Took a Weapon X in section 1 and a Domino on footloose with him.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Did you get to use yours in 7.3? I used mine maybe once or twice
  • Options

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Yep used him as much as I could when the nodes allowed. A couple fun paths with paradox charges where you can increase potency and duration of debuffs which is insane for Sentinel.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    What specifically makes him a great counter to peni? Not in a place I can watch YT at the moment but I have a 6* unduped VP I could rank.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

What specifically makes him a great counter to peni? Not in a place I can watch YT at the moment but I have a 6* unduped VP I could rank.

Against tech champs he’s immune to power drain/burn, and a good way to get around Peni is DOT that’s not incinerate or poison.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Yep used him as much as I could when the nodes allowed. A couple fun paths with paradox charges where you can increase potency and duration of debuffs which is insane for Sentinel.
    That might have been fun. I used nick and Ronan/ aegon for those iirc