**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who is actually THE best 2021 champ overall (so far)

R1s02R1s02 Posts: 274 ★★
Who do you think it is? I have just kept the most loved ones.

Who is actually THE best 2021 champ overall (so far) 241 votes

Scarlet witch (sigil)
2% 5 votes
Stryfe
0% 2 votes
Kitty pryde
14% 34 votes
Hercules
58% 140 votes
Shang chi
12% 31 votes
Nimrod
1% 3 votes
Mister negative
3% 8 votes
Peni parker
1% 4 votes
Spidey 2099
1% 4 votes
Other
4% 10 votes

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★

America Chavez. I hoarded 6* shards for her in the new featured crystal and I’ve managed to get her and awaken her. She’s now my top champ at 3/45 and I absolutely love this champion. She’s has some really nice utility, an incredibly fun playstyle, very decent damage and is also quite a good defender. Massively underrated

Kewl but aint no way she’s better than Herc or Kitty at the very least.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i mean i think that hercules is pretty much the obvious choice here. if you asked me who was second best on the list, then it would be a pretty close argument. i mean kitty pryde has some cheesy abilities, but then again shang chi has insane numbers and a number of good mechanics like cleanse and slow.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Wu shu strikes
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Considering that fact that you didn’t specify what they were the best at I’ll just say Negative Man

#dope
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Shang chi and knull are definitely my favorites. Best probably is hercules.
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 288 ★★★

America Chavez. I hoarded 6* shards for her in the new featured crystal and I’ve managed to get her and awaken her. She’s now my top champ at 3/45 and I absolutely love this champion. She’s has some really nice utility, an incredibly fun playstyle, very decent damage and is also quite a good defender. Massively underrated

Guide when?
    As soon as I can. I haven’t got much free time at the moment for various different reasons, but I’ll definitely be writing one for her whenever I get the chance. She’s so much better than she’s given credit for

I've pulled and duped her from the Featured 6 star and I always call her "Diversity Chavez" for reasons. Before anyone makes negative connotations, I'm part Hispanic so no negatives there.

But I don't think much of her other than Defense and I won't ever rank her.

I'd love a video of yours to make me eat my words as Mystic is my favorite class as I have already 6 Mystic as 6 Stars at Rank 3:

1) Doctor Doom
    2) Black Widow Claire Voyant
    3) Dragon Man
    4) Scarlet Witch Sigil (Unawakened)
    5) Sasquatch (Unawakened)
    6) Diablo
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I’m pretty sure it’s Hercules, but some of the best champs this year are really hard to judge.

That’s because both Hercules and Kitty rely on a mechanic that allows them to cheese stuff. But it’s not exactly guaranteed, it’s pretty dependent on AI and what the opposing champs animators are. Long specials are likely bad for both of them, Kitty needs synergies to be very consistent with avoiding damage

It’s just very difficult to judge where they stand because they can go from one of the best champs in the game and bypassing everything, to something going wrong and getting completely nuked.

I don’t think Shang Chi is the best but there is something to be said for having inherent utility in his kit rather than some sort of immortality or phasing. Not to take away from Kitty or Herc, they’re mental

However, in terms of my enjoyment of champs this year, Mr Negative and Knull are by far my favourites, even if they aren’t the best (although Knull is actually pretty damn good. As is Negative but BitterSteel consistently shows us that)

Knull is good but S99 is far more useful than he is. We've had a spurt of really good champs after a lackluster start to the year and I always feel like "best" rankings are dumb bc there are always situations where one champ is better than another based on matchup and the person's roster
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

Knull is good but S99 is far more useful than he is. We've had a spurt of really good champs after a lackluster start to the year and I always feel like "best" rankings are dumb bc there are always situations where one champ is better than another based on matchup and the person's roster

It's a colossus vs magneto situation. Knull is by far in my opinion the better general use champion, like colossus. High damage potential, very very strong regen especially if you run suicides, good in all fight lengths, needs no synergies and simple utility to bypass evade and autoblock.

S99 like magneto on the other hand while you won't want to bring him against as many fights as knull he is so good within a specific niche he is becoming almost a must bring/ must rank up for a lot of endgame rosters.

It's really personal choice what you value more. I for my own roster would rather have knull but objectively he doesn't do anything my other champs can't already cover he'd just be fun to use.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Hercules is definitely top 3 I just like Mr negative and think his good
  • R1s02R1s02 Posts: 274 ★★
    So the specific situation does not exist. Read the title. I said best champ OVERALL. Anyway I think herc is number 1 and it's a pretty close tie between kitty and shang chi for me, but kitty would win bc she has better prestige as well. So
    1. Hercules
    2. Kitty pryde
    3. Shang chi (imo)
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Peni Parker is very underrated. She has all kinds of juice. Her playstyle is quirky, but not super complicated. Her sig gives her access to extra utility, but isn't mandatory.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★

Guide when?
    forget guide--I don't believe you until I see public videos on YOUTUBE!

(I'm friends with Mega, just trying to encourage him to post some vids so that everyone can see his skills, esp. showcasing the potential of Chavez.)
    I agree.

@MegaSkater67 has a very long history of identifying and accessing the potential of less-loved champions.

I fully agree (and have posted to the effect before) that America clearly has abilities and utility that are underappreciated. I wouldn't mind getting her from the next 5*Featured.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★

I’m pretty sure it’s Hercules, but some of the best champs this year are really hard to judge.

That’s because both Hercules and Kitty rely on a mechanic that allows them to cheese stuff. But it’s not exactly guaranteed, it’s pretty dependent on AI and what the opposing champs animators are. Long specials are likely bad for both of them, Kitty needs synergies to be very consistent with avoiding damage

It’s just very difficult to judge where they stand because they can go from one of the best champs in the game and bypassing everything, to something going wrong and getting completely nuked.

I don’t think Shang Chi is the best but there is something to be said for having inherent utility in his kit rather than some sort of immortality or phasing. Not to take away from Kitty or Herc, they’re mental

However, in terms of my enjoyment of champs this year, Mr Negative and Knull are by far my favourites, even if they aren’t the best (although Knull is actually pretty damn good. As is Negative but BitterSteel consistently shows us that)

That’s a good point, it’s like everyones under this spell that Herc is the greatest thing ever to exist, but what they dont realize is what good is immortality if the opponent has long specials? Take apoc for example. If you compare the champs we’ve had recently to the older champs who had much shorter specials, the animation duration has increased significantly. Sure , you can pause immortality while attacking, but you dont have power control, and you’ll eventually have to bait specials. You can try to reparry /hold block, but them getting to sp3 turns off immortality
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

I like to see some gameplay
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I think Shang chi , is your every day guy.

I think you left out overseer , who I feel is not the best champ overall, but puts in work. Also, I feel that silver centurion is a top tier champ especially this year.

If I had to choose: Hercules , Shang Chi, Silver Centurion( sig 200)

I don’t think silver centurion is underrated as much as he is just kind of dependent on a decent signature ability.