**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can you guys please stop with the Solo objectives SQs?

GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
edited November 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Title. I can’t remember the last time we had an actual good side quest. Every one for basically this whole year has been either
Boring: repetitive, doing the same stuff over and over and over for an entire month (herc sidequest, jubilee’s arcade, the silver centurion/Jabari month)
Terrible rewards: rewards are spread out into so many micro packages and or just lacking as a whole. I can’t remember the last time we had an event where the rewards actually stood up to treasure island or last December’s event.

In short, I don’t think the SQs from the past year have been well designed or particularly rewarding. I can already hear the disagrees coming from the people saying “not every event can be treasure island”. That’s true, but we haven’t had anything remotely close to being as good as treasure island, since treasure island. The only real upside of last SQ was getting to keep our symbiote, but other than that the rewards were positively abysmal.

I’d advocate simply returning to the basics. Events such as treasure island, Gwenpool goes to the movies, and last December’s event are beloved for a reason: simplicity paired with good rewards. I don’t think anybody would complain if an event along this vein were run again. I’m tired of running 57 solo objectives for mediocre rewards, and I’m prepared for the disagrees for saying this, but it must be said.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• DiablordDiablord Posts: 504 ★★★
    idk?
    I like the new ones, but they are annoying sometimes as well
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    BG said this in like September but like it's been how many years and the game state has evolved into us doing little task quests that are just like Summoner's Journey but a monthly thing
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I still remember the complaints about Gwenpool Goes to the Movies being too easy. I got flagged commenting on one of those posts, lol. And it remains hilarious to me that the single most beloved side quest was only beloved because it was bugged. No one would talk about treasure island if it had worked as designed.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Lovejoy72 said:

I still remember the complaints about Gwenpool Goes to the Movies being too easy. I got flagged commenting on one of those posts, lol. And it remains hilarious to me that the single most beloved side quest was only beloved because it was bugged. No one would talk about treasure island if it had worked as designed.

GP goes to the movies was a boring chore. Treasure Island would have been OK once people mapped out the rewards, but the bug definitely made it way better. My favorite side quests were the one path, not grindy Labs. They had good rewards for the time, it was like 3 fights, they were somewhat difficult and I liked the buff randomizers. Last time we had a version, or maybe the last two times, you had to do more than one path and the rewards were lower so I stopped doing it because it became a grind.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Check out the rewards for last months side content and actually compare it side by side with what you got from treasure Island.

Folks complain rewards suck when they actually don't at all but if an item isn't literally called "5* featured crystal" then it's bad rewards... Somehow.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I disagreee mainly with 2 things:
    1) "we haven't had a regular SQ really long"

November - standard weekly sidequest w voluntarily doable objectives
    October - standard daily entry sidequest w one extra step
    September+August - no sidequests
    July - standard daily sidequest w Herc
    June - MTT weekly ripoff w Purgatory

2) "we haven't had anything remotely close to MTT"

The Purgatory event is very similar to MTT in terms of structure and rewards. Just MTT had worse rewards and harder random boss (Weapon X). Really, look it up. The quaranteed rewards for Purgatory event were actually better than MTT, and that doesnt even count the random path rewards we got.

Then Hercules was easy and repetitive but also had great rewards, nearing MTT but not quite reaching it.

Point is, we should stop thinking about MTT as the ideal event. What was the main reward? 5* featured, 5* AG and some 6* shards (3k maybe?). We get the same this months too. Then it had random bosses and some were pretty annoying (again the 30k PI Wpn X). And it was bugged on top of it all.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    This year we didn't have expeditions. There paths aren't very repeatative.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★
    If you don't like it, don't do it.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

Check out the rewards for last months side content and actually compare it side by side with what you got from treasure Island.

Folks complain rewards suck when they actually don't at all but if an item isn't literally called "5* featured crystal" then it's bad rewards... Somehow.

Last month sucked because we had no September SQ besides a couple of tedious and awful rewards objectives and October was supposed to make up for it. October wasn’t worth two months sorry lol
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Tedious and boring objectives are not fun. I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed a side quest and I certainly haven’t enjoyed meeting objectives , especially after the 2 month long grind.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Didn't we need to do daily duels for MTT also?
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Didn't we need to do daily duels for MTT also?

Yeah, entries were based on daily “secret” targets, very much like entries last month. I get why people hated the September ones. But this month is relatively straight forward. And bugged again? Yay?