**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Back Issues #8: Deadpoolooza!

Kabam ThrillsonKabam Thrillson Posts: 16 ★★
edited November 2021 in General Discussion

Once upon a time, I made the best quest ever!

That's right, you thought some stuffy old designer was going to write this message, but it was ME!

It’s time for Back Issues #8, smacking you in the face on Wednesday, November 10th!

Just like those other dusty old Back Issues we dig out of the closest, THE EXCEPTIONAL DEADPOOLOOZA will let all of my lovely little Summoners relive a classic quest from the good 'ol days, available in TWO TASTY FLAVOURS:

The classic difficulty is a recreation of the original quest. While not completely 1:1, the layouts, difficulty, and dialogue are all the same as you remember. Look back with smug impunity at how easy the game used to be and flex those muscles!

The variant difficulty is a new spin on the quest, available for Summoners level 45 and up. This version features difficult challenges, new opponents, some map layout updates, and buffs that will empower your #Mercenary Champions... and ME!

... as well as those other slackers who're biting the Deadpool brand.

That means all your #Mercenary and Deadpool-family buddies are going to be juiced up and ready to fight, but all other Champions can't do much more than show up! That's right, it's MY quest, so I made it exclusively for those with excellent taste, dubious morals, or both!

The Variant Challenge

Like I literally just said, this Quest is all about me and all the wannabes. So here’s the sitch, we’ve got Global buffs for me and my homies, and we’ve got new Cross Fight buffs for all the other Mercs. Check em out!

Global Buffs

Mercs for Money: The Defender reduces all incoming damage by {95}%, unless the Attacker is #Mercenary, Deadpool, Deadpool (X-Force), Goldpool, Platinumpool, Gwenpool, Venompool, or Masacre.

Star of the Show: Obviously I should get a huge buff in these quests, I'm the original! Let's pump up all my stats, and finally put something on my SP1. (This buff supplies Deadpool (and ONLY Deadpool) bonus attack, bonus armor, bonus crit rate, increased regeneration potency, and applies a Degen effect to the Defender on a successful SP1)

We Should All Have This Power Anyways: This doesn't make sense. Why don't all my copies have the same abilities as me!? Grant Attacking Deadpool (X-Force), Goldpool, Platinumpool, Gwenpool, Venompool, or Masacre permanent Passive Regeneration of [120]% of their Max Health per minute, scaling with their Power.

Cross Fight Ability Buffs

“But Mr Thrillson!”, you might say, and I would say “Yes my sweet little cherub?”, “These don’t benefit the other #Mercenaries at all!”. And you’d be right! I did things differently this time since this is my quest and will be better than all of the other Back Issues, periodt.

Defeating Deadpooloids throughout the Quest will grant you special abilities that you can carry forward into the rest of the quest, making your Mercs stronger and stronger!

Here’s what you’ve got:

Strapped Up (Skill Deadpooloid): Defeating this Defender grants the Attacker a permanent "Strapped Up" Cross-Fight ability. "Strapped Up" causes the Attacker's Special Attacks to randomly inflict additional Debuffs for the remainder of the quest.

Starlight Acrobatics (Cosmic Deadpooloid): Defeating this Defender grants the Attacker a permanent "Starlight Acrobatics" Cross-Fight ability. "Starlight Acrobatics" grants the Attacker a Phase Passive when they dash back and hold block, causing incoming Attacks to Miss.

Bad Breath (Science Deadpooloid): Defeating this Defender grants the Attacker a permanent "Bad Breath" Cross-Fight ability. "Bad Breath" causes the Attacker to inflict Poison Debuffs on Opponents who are near them.

Sucker Punch (Mutant Deadpooloid): Defeating this Defender grants the Attacker a permanent "Sucker Punch" Cross-Fight ability. "Sucker Punch" makes the Attacker permanently Unblockable while the Opponent is above a certain HP threshold.

You Shall Not Cast (Mystic Deadpooloid): Defeating this Defender grants the Attacker a permanent "You Shall Not Cast" Cross-Fight ability. "You Shall Not Cast" grants Power Steal to the Attacker's Heavy and Special Attacks.

Cyber Hive (Tech Deadpooloid): Defeating this Defender grants the Attacker a permanent "Cyber Hive" Cross-Fight ability. "Cyber Hive" grants all of the Attacker's attacks a chance to Poison and Shock the Opponent.
Rewards
For Total Completion and Mastery of Classic Difficulty, I’ll give you...

Tier 3 Basic ISO x5
Tier 4 Basic ISO x7
Tier 2 Skill ISO x5
Tier 2 Science ISO x5
Tier 2 Tech ISO x5
Tier 2 Cosmic ISO x5
Tier 2 Mystic ISO x5
Tier 2 Mutant ISO x5
Tier 2 Basic Catalyst x3
Tier 1 Alpha Catalyst x1
Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragments x2700
3-Star Venom x1
Gold x9575
Units x150
Premium Hero Crystal Shards x4600
3-Star Hero Crystal Shards x2000

For Total Completion and Mastery of Variant Difficulty, you’ll score…

5-Star Rank 2 → 3 Gem x3
5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem (<2017 Champions) x3
5-Star Rank 4 → 5 Gem Crystal x1
5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal x1
5-Star Crystal Shards x25000
Tier 5 Basic Catalysts x3
Tier 5 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal (25%) x1
6-Star Crystal Shards x5000
5-Star Signature Stone Crystal x48
Gold x4,000,000
Units x360

See you soon,

XOXO Thrillhouse
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    These should include 6* r1-r2 gems now based on year ;)
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    I love this.

Can’t wait to test out my Masacre
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Rewards are meh, would have liked to see a bump up in 6* shards, maybe a 6* rank up gem instead of all these 5* gems. Perhaps a sniff of t3a as well.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★

Wiredawg1 said:

Rewards are weak for state of game

This isn't endgame content anymore either. If you're looking for T6B and T3A, ask Carina for a new Challenge!
    That is a little disappointing, in the past back issues were near endgame content where people who completed everything got excited for a new fun challenge
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Should be interesting considering there are only 16 merc champs in the basic pool
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Wiredawg1 said:

Rewards are weak for state of game

This isn't endgame content anymore either. If you're looking for T6B and T3A, ask Carina for a new Challenge!
    Gladly take. Could you tell her to give new challenges?

I think I've got her number somewhere... She told me to stop sending her Cat memes, but I think this is fine...
    Care to give us some examples?
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Are the rank up gems for real or is that a typo? If it is then it's largely useless
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Mercs for Money: The Defender reduces all incoming damage by {95}%, unless the Attacker is #Mercenary, Deadpool, Deadpool (X-Force), Goldpool, Platinumpool, Gwenpool, Venompool, or Masacre.

You really only needed to say "unless the Attacker is #Mercenary or Venompool" because All the Deadpools minus Venompool are also #Mercenary.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Domino!!!!!