Yellow Jacket Solos the New Venompool Boss in Variant 8!

WerewrymWerewrym Member Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
edited November 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I just wanted to share this on the forums because I think it is a really cool interaction and showcases an extremely underused champion... Yellow Jacket. His base kit has some crazy powerful utility and this fight is literally made for him. You do need to have the "Revolutions Need Arms" synergy to actually reverse his regen enough to justify using YJ. White Mags is there for the prefight and makes it much easier but it is doable without. Enjoy the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khfiDrN4wBI&ab_channel=Werewrym
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Member Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Didnt know hes a merc

He's not. He just has the utility to reverse regen passivly with no debuffs.
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Member Posts: 263 ★★
    Make that 5 total counters to this fight.
  • QuivinQuivin Member Posts: 13

Even 4* apoc do it, really easy this boss
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Not familiar with YJ but it's there an RNG aspect here?
    edited November 2021

Not familiar with YJ but it's there an RNG aspect here?

A little bit yeah. The main RNG aspect is that once you are over the overheat limit (100 w/o synergy, 110 w/ synergy) there is a chance that you will overheat which causes the charges to reset. It doesn't reset the fight though so you can just keep playing. The benefit to using YJ is that if you mess up you can either continue the fight or enter the fight again and keep playing without having to restart the quest.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,290 ★★★★★
    I tried using my r4 4* and got him to 80% but kept triggering meltdown, but that passive play is what ill use next time
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    qartweli said:

You would be reducing the healing from 50% to 120% and mostly venompool will still be regenerating a lot
    Yj damage sucks so i dont think u can kill him
    U can keep him like high and low high and low but because i cant apply petrify u cant really kill him

I mean, the video above may disagree with that notion a little bit.
  • IgnobleIgnoble Member Posts: 79
    Yes, we YellowJacket mains will rise up
    Ignoble said:

Yes, we YellowJacket mains will rise up

Yellow Jacket is actually really underrated. His DPS may not be the highest but his utility is through the roof!
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    That's awesome but I feel like this fight is everyone's worst nightmare when the #merc restriction was announced: of course you'd end up with super hard fights that the tiny, thrash-filled #merc roster couldn't handle. Having people come up with non-#merc solutions to knock him down is sad. Not on the part of you guys - you rock for finding these ways! - but for the variant itself. Crikey, man.

But yeah, awesome. I might have to rank up my 6* YJ. I pulled him right before he was buffed (back in January or something, right?), but haven't ranked him up yet. I might look into that after I r3 my Human Torch. After all, I don't really have any regen reversing champs. My Warlock usually does such a good job blocking it out that I haven't needed to invest in anyone else, but he absolutely could not have done this fight as well as YJ could.