Options

Uncollected Ikaris Boss and Elsa Bloodstone Interaction Possibly Bugged

HI,

I think there is a possible buggy interaction between the Uncollected Ikaris boss in the November EQ Chapter 3.1 and Elsa Bloodstone.

According to the Nodes on the fight Ikaris gains a passive Unblockable when he receives a debuff he is immune too (such as incinerate).

According to Ikaris's abilities, he is immune to Incinerate, Shock and reduces Poison

According to Elsa Bloodstone's abilities, if she throws a Hellfire Round and the opponent is immune to incinerate is will throw a corresponding Coldsnap debuff instead.

Now my understanding of putting this all together is that when Elsa throws a Hellfire Round at Ikaris it will throw a Coldsnap debuff due to his immunity to Incinerate. When you take into account the nodes on the Uncollected Ikaris it seems to me that when Elsa throws her Hellfire Rounds it shouldn't trigger Immune-Efficiency or Fuel the Fire nodes. However, that seems to be what is happening. When Elsa throws a Hellfire round at Ikaris in the fight it is triggering the nodes even though a Coldsnap debuff is being applied (and not an incinerate). He is not immune to Coldsnap (according to Ikaris's abilities) and therefore the nodes shouldn't trigger

Hopefully, I am not missing some interaction here but it seems buggy to me

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    fr4nkdrfr4nkdr Posts: 24
    Slight Edit: In my first point I said "Unbolckable"...I meant "Unstoppable"
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,752 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Does this happen every time you apply a coldsnap? I can understand why this would happen if it's the first time Elsa attempts to apply an incinerate that fails. I'm noticing "Immune" pops up on the right side of the screen.
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Does this happen every time you apply a coldsnap? I can understand why this would happen if it's the first time Elsa attempts to apply an incinerate that fails. I'm noticing "Immune" pops up on the right side of the screen.

This happens everytime...so for Elsa's SP! when she throws 2 Hellfire Rounds the initial one triggers a Coldsnap and the unstoppable (and the Fuel the Fire node indicates that if another fury/unstoppable is applied then an unblockable is applied) and when the second Hellfire round hits it trigger another Coldsnap but now the Unblockable is applied
  • Options
    My reading of Elsa's abilities is that the Coldsnap should just apply as an alternate to the Incinerate...not a "Oh we tried but they are Incinerate Immune...now it is a Coldsnap"
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,752 ★★★★★
    fr4nkdr said:

My reading of Elsa's abilities is that the Coldsnap should just apply as an alternate to the Incinerate...not a "Oh we tried but they are Incinerate Immune...now it is a Coldsnap"

I was about to say this as well. Her abilities read as if she will always attempt to apply an incinerate first, and if they are immune, a coldsnap will follow. Unfortunately, it looks like this may be working correctly.
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

fr4nkdr said:

I was about to say this as well. Her abilities read as if she will always attempt to apply an incinerate first, and if they are immune, a coldsnap will follow. Unfortunately, it looks like this may be working correctly.
    Yeah that is why I said possibly bugged...I needed to check my thinking because maybe I was misreading...but I think it is a little confusing none the less
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Typhoon said:

fr4nkdr said:

I don't think so. Once the opponent has been tagged as being immune the first time you attempt to apply incenerate, it changes to coldsnap. I have fought Warlock on mix master nodes with her a few times, once he evades, you will always apply coldsnap never incenerate.
    This seems bugged or there is something I'm missing.
    Try fighting torch with her. If she's actually applying incenerate first then he should be gaining 2 smoulders per hit of sp1