Nimrod AW - Parry Stun is super quick

LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
I fought Nimrod on Node 23 Hard with Shang-Chi and the stun on the parry wasn't long enough to do MM.
This is the first parry, after the champions run out. I didn't think limber kicked in to later.

I read his kit and couldn't work it out. Any ideas?

Edit - I have the stun duration mastery.

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Member Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Node 23 is mixmaster. If you stunned him and it ran out, you can't throw the same back to back attack at that point. Mixmaster kicks in and he will evade the second medium.

Also, if the defender has a high level of limber, it will certainly cut down all stun durations as well. You should be able to get off MM in any situation still, so long as mixmaster isn't what's dorking you up. You could only land MM on mixmaster while there is an active stun on the defender.

(sorry had to edit to clarify after looking up Shan Chi's MM ability to apply a slow). If slow is active, you should be able to apply the same attack while it is active too.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Thanks for answering.

Got it off once but couldn't do it reliably. He would evade the 2nd M. Haven't seen the stun expire that quick except on the war limber nodes.
    Wondered if it was something in Nimrod's Kit.

My strategy was to use Shanchi, do the MM to apply slow and fight as normal. Done it a few times on that node but today couldn't get the 2nd M off. Frustrating.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Member Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Yeah, they may have limber at 5 so it will go fast. Once you parry, gotta go quick and need to have the parry active. I have trouble against max limber opponents with colossus trying to chain parry, M, H. Normally, I can get that off on the AI, just fine.