Options

What's the plan for incursions?

CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
Honestly I used to enjoy incursions, it was a nice way to pick up some extra 6* shards and potentially target those elusive 5*s you could never seem to pull.

With the new head-to-head game mode on the horizon, incursions seems all but forgotten by Kabam - rewards have fallen behind and forget about compensation for issues in this game mode.

1) Increase the purchase cap. I get the 3 month rotation, it's so you can accumulate enough artifacts to hit those targeted crystals, but for many - those crystals are practically worthless. You get your 6* shard quota and you're done spending.
2) Increase the quantity of shards. 3 months of work gives me close to 10K 6* shards if I buy 3 x 2000 + 3 x 1000+ for doing Sector 8 room 10 each month. Let that sink in... 3 months.
3) Decrease the cost of revives and health. They're basically double the cost of solo mode, yet the content is much less forgiving. From room 5 onwards in sector 8 - you make a mistake you're probably dead. Unless you want to leave your partner high and dry you got to pot up. It makes it very expensive to continue for less than stellar rewards.
4) AQ,AW and solo mode have all gotten compensation packages... did you forget this mode exists or you just don't care?

What's the plan here? When are you going to stop treating incursions like the ginger-haired step child? Should we just abandon it knowing you don't really care about it?

Comments

• Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    Was wondering about this as well. Incursions is my favorite game mode and the one I play when I'm bored.
    Personally I don't think the upcoming solo competitive will affect incursions much, they already said the rewards would mostly be relics, sure there will be shards but I don't think it's enough to make incursions worthless. What I'm worried about is that the rewards added to it means that incursions rewards won't get buffed by any significant amount.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Why are people so demanding?
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I love Incursions and am fine with the rewards. I will gladly accept better rewards, but they're not my concern. (I only get the 6s shards from the store,.)

Incursions is one of the few game modes that I find consistently fun. Like @Mauled said above, you can use champs you might not normally use in questing and turn them into "beyond god tier" champs, and of course our OP champs get even better. You can play until you can't go further, and you get rewards no matter how far you get. And there's a way to get free health boosts for the team at the end of each zone, if you need it.

I would like to see the cool downs reduced, and it would be nice if there was a way to play more often for rewards. Maybe the 5-day cycle could be three days?
  • Options
    Another thing incursions need to provide are utility hacks. Incursions is a game mode that supposedly makes non-meta champs OP but you find yourself needing an evade counter, someone to deal with buffs and debuffs, an AAR champ and ideally a power control champ. All of that has to be covered in 3 champs which is a lot to ask.
    Incursions should have hacks that provide utilities like True accuracy, high energy resistance (the random 1k and 2k energy resistance hacks are nothing), AAR, cleanse passives, etc. Incursions should make our champs like mini-steve who is quite underwhelming but gets massive buffs via prefights. The closest we have to that are impact surge, buff cornucopia and strategic movement ( Impact surge to deal with buffs, strategic movement for when you want to avoid blocking and buff cornucopia because of the perfect block buffs that really help to cut down on block damage)
    While I sometimes run incursions for fun with champs that I wouldn't normally use, finding someone of the same mindset is hard as most people just want to grab the rewards and forget it. This forces me to bring the best team I have which ends up being the same champs I use regularly. It makes it boring and incursions is supposed to be fun.
  • Options

Why are people so demanding?

My point is that Kabam have all but forgotten this mode exists. The rewards have fallen behind. I would assume this game mode is hit by the same issues as AQ, AW and solo mode, but not a single compensation package has dropped for it.

The game mode is extremely punishing to mistakes due to the high attack values in higher rooms yet pots are twice as expensive as solo mode. You also can't just back out and start again, you eliminate both your own and your partner's champ because of cooldown taking that route.

Maybe the lack of compensation is tacit acknowledgement that the game mode doesn't have a significant following and doesn't warrant compensation. Whatever their reasoning, it's clear it isn't valued as highly as the other modes in their eyes.
  • Options
    Mauled said:

Incursions has potential to be a fantastic piece of content. It's one of the few places that even your memes can shine because of the extra buffs they get given.

I love the fact that you can strategically stack hacks. Get a hack that introduces power stings from bleeds, get a hack that produce prowess from power stings etc. It makes the mode uniquely satisfying when it comes together.
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    I feel incursions should be removed and the rewards from it should be moved to some other modes. The whole incursions setup must definitely be taking a lot of server space for game components. Instead it could be allocated to something else like the solo competition mode. It'd be more fun, and less annoying with random player quits.

I don't think more than 15-20% players okay incursions.

It has definitely been ignored in the compensation, but that clearly shows that how little the players are affected in incursions, and how little players play incursion mode. It doesn't make sense to keep it in the game.
  • Options

I feel incursions should be removed and the rewards from it should be moved to some other modes. The whole incursions setup must definitely be taking a lot of server space for game components. Instead it could be allocated to something else like the solo competition mode. It'd be more fun, and less annoying with random player quits.

It has definitely been ignored in the compensation, but that clearly shows that how little the players are affected in incursions, and how little players play incursion mode. It doesn't make sense to keep it in the game.

Incursions is fun and a lot of people including me enjoy it, it needs improvements for sure but it's not a waste of space. The main problem with incursions isn't the rewards or the punishing attack values but that it takes too much time. You essentially have to find someone then budget 2 hours for it.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

No.

Also it being ignored in compensation doesn't show anything. The same Kabam think 5 revives a month more than covers the issues players are facing in solo content while aq and aw are getting a decent package weekly. That doesn't mean that people are doing solo content less. Don't play it if you don't want to but Kabam shouldn't remove it.