Champion Spotlight - Hawkeye (2021 Update)

About Hawkeye
Clint Barton - a regular guy amongst super soldiers, armored geniuses, and gods of thunder. Known as the World’s Greatest Marksman, he’s mastered the bow and arrow, and the ability to transform nearly any projectile into an accurate weapon. Tenacious, brave, and heroic,Hawkeye stands tall amongst the mighty Avengers!

Hawkeye's Mechanics

The World’s Greatest Marksman is back with a fresh quiver of trick arrows. In addition to his Bleed and Power Drain, Hawkeye has new abilities which expand his utility while supporting his core strengths. Utilizing the new Perfect Release mechanic will not only increase Debuff duration, but will grant additional effects to Hawkeye’s Special Attacks that build on their core utility. Special 3’s are now ultra-deadly, as a high Crit Rating can see long and devastating Critical Bleeds. Finally, new and updated synergies grant Hawkeye even further utility -- not even stone-skinned Champions are safe from Hawkeye’s trick arrows!

BASE STATS & ABILITIES
   Health  Attack  PI (Max Signature)
 3-Star  6063  472  1789
 4-Star  15204  1182  4487
 5-Star  30484  2369  10400
 6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)  39279  3052  13370

Character Class: Skill

Basic Abilities: Slow, Bleed, Suppression, Fragility

STRENGTHS:
  • Power Control
  • Hawkeye is able to deplete 75% of a bar of power from the opponent with every Special 1, and inflicts a Suppression Debuff with a Perfect Release.

• Bleed
  • Depending on his Critical Rating, Hawkeye can potentially inflict Critical Bleeds with twice the duration during his Special 3.

WEAKNESSES:
  • Bleed Immunity
  • Hawkeye’s damage is reliant on being able to Bleed an opponent. Champions that are Immune to Bleed will be a big problem for him!

• Cornered Node
  • Hawkeye’s powerful Bleeds can backfire against nodes like this one!

ABILITIES:
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion

Dialed In
  • During Special Attacks, press the Block after the first hit Input to slow down time. Releasing the Block Input precisely when Hawkeye releases the arrow grants a perfect Release bonus.
  • Activating a Perfect Release bonus grants a Dialed In Passive increasing duration of Debuffs inflicted by Special Attacks by 10%. All Dialed In stacks are removed when failing to activate a Perfect Release Bonus. Max 5.
Basic Attacks
  • Pause all Bleed Debuffs on the opponent for 1 second(s)
Developer's Notes: Keeping up the offensive and controlling Power with Hawkeye’s SP1 is a good way to maintain a deadly stack of Bleeds.

Heavy Attacks
  • Cause a Slow Debuff on the opponent for 10 seconds.
Special Attacks
  • Final Hit: 100% chance to inflict a Bleed Debuff dealing 2369 direct damage over 10 seconds. Each bar of Power spent beyond 1 grants +1 bleed and +5 seconds duration.
  • Perfect Release: Arrow attack becomes a Guaranteed Critical Hit.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Special 1 - E.M.P. Arrow
  • 100% chance to inflict Power Drain, removing 75% of a bar of Power
  • Perfect Release: 100% chance to inflict a Suppression Debuff, reducing the Opponent’s Combat Power Rate by 50% for 8 seconds
Developer's Notes: Hawkeye’s Special 1 is your bread and butter. It has a 100% chance to trigger a Power Drain and is very reliable in many situations where you need access to Power Control. With Hercules on the team, draining the opponent’s power will grant Hawkeye a lengthy and powerful Fury Buff!

Special 2 - Incendiary Arrow
  • 100% chance to inflict a 25 second Fragility Debuff. Attacking a Fragile Opponent grants +900 Critical Damage Rating and reduces Block Proficiency by 50%.
  • Perfect Release: Inflict an additional Fragility Debuff.
Developer's Notes: The Special 2’s 25-second Fragility Debuff (27.5s if a Perfect Release!) will juice up the damage on all those Critical Bleeds, helping shorten the time to set up the perfect killshot.

Special 3 - Explosive Barrage
  • All Bleeds triggered during this attack gain up to +200% duration based on Hawkeye’s Critical Rating.
  • Based on Hawkeye’s Critical Chance, Bleeds triggered during this attack can be Critical Bleeds, multiplying the Bleed’s Potency by Hawkeye’s Critical Damage Multiplier.
Developer's Notes: Who says Special 3’s can’t crit bleed? Keep your Crit Rating high with the Precision mastery and you’ll see deadly Critical Bleeds with up to double the duration!

Signature Ability - Hemorrahge
  • Always Active
  • Landing a Critical Hit with an Arrow Shot will cause any personal Bleed Debuff triggered to become a Critical Bleed, multiplying the Bleed’s Potency by Hawkeye’s Critical Damage Multiplier.
  • Additionally each Bleed Debuff on the opponent reduces their Physical Resistance
    by 552.53.
Developer's Notes: Hawkeye’s Signature Ability is paramount to his kit, granting him the ability to inflict his deadly Critical Bleeds. Awaken him to unlock his maximum potential!

SYNERGY BONUSES
Nerve Toxin Arrows - Unique - - with Abomination, Immortal Abomination, Diablo, King Groot
  • Hawkeye: Arrow strikes Pause all Slow Debuffs on the opponent for 6 seconds per level of Special Attack.
  • Other Synergy Champions: +7% Attack Rating.

Adamantium Arrows - Unique - With M.O.D.O.K., Old Man Logan, Wolverine (X-23), Wolverine (Weapon X)
  • Hawkeye: Arrow Strikes remove all Rock Stacks & Rock Charges from the opponent.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Survival Gear - Unique - With Nick Fury, Black Widow, Black Widow (Deadly Origin), Quake
  • Hawkeye: Gain Immunity to Poison Debuffs from Non-Mutant Champions.

Romance Lvl. 3 - With Scarlet Witch (Classic)
  • All Champions gain +5% Power Gain

Friends Lvl. 3 - With Iron Man, Hulk, Hulk (Immortal), Moon Knight
  • All Champions gain +130 Armor Rating

RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
Deep Wounds
  • Hawkeye’s Bleeds are perfect for Deep Wounds. With this mastery maxed, you can significantly increase the Bleed damage on his Special Attacks!

Precision
  • Hawkeye’s Special 3 Bleed damage is reliant on how high your Crit Rating is. Maximize your potential for Critical Bleeds with the Precision mastery!
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 1,557 ★★★★
    What does sig level do? Only affect physical resistance after he’s awakened?

Also, why is the SP2 called “incendiary” when it doesn’t do incinerate damage?

Do the suppression’s stack?

Sorry - so many questions to one of our beloved Avengers.
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 250 ★★
    edited November 23
    Animation changes for attacks basics and/or specials?

As the bleed is long, even being critical bleed, the damage should be small per ticket.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 5,708 ★★★★★
    Will his Tigra synergy be touched, altered or removed @Kabam Zibiit?
    I'm simply curious, because of crit Poisons. Considering he can now crit bleed, and Tigra synergy swaps bleed for poison.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 861 ★★★
    Could you please tell us what changes you have made to other synergies? Specifically the Taskmaster and the Hit-Monkey ones, that I believe will be changed since one is implemented in his kit and the other will lose the mechanic to work with.
    Thank you in advance ^_^

Do the suppression’s stack?.

Yep, the Suppression Debuffs from his SP1 can stack up.
    That’s legit then. Now the power control can literally stack to -100% combat power rate with 2 suppression debuffs from the SP1.

Boom. Power control enhanced.

Terra said:

Will his Tigra synergy be touched, altered or removed @Kabam Zibiit?
    I'm simply curious, because of crit Poisons. Considering he can now crit bleed, and Tigra synergy swaps bleed for poison.

I’m hoping there’s a synergy that states something like “if Hawkeye’s damage over time debuffs are prevented by the defender, he then inflicts a shock debuff instead”

In the future
    I’m so excited for this to go live
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 342 ★★★

That’s legit then. Now the power control can literally stack to -100% combat power rate with 2 suppression debuffs from the SP1.

I'm not entirely sure how easy it will be to maintain two Suppression debuffs, but we'll see.

Anyway, as asked by someone else – what will become of Synergies from other champs like Tigra and Taskmaster?

I'm not entirely sure how easy it will be to maintain two Suppression debuffs, but we'll see.

Anyway, as asked by someone else – what will become of Synergies from other champs like Tigra and Taskmaster?
    The taskmaster one for sure. That must be changed or deleted. It’s invalid anyway.

Are there any considerations for future synergies to apply different debuffs? Such as if an opponent is immune to a DOT debuff Hawkeye defaults to another debuff? That would quell a large portion of the community’s concerns.
    Would it be difficult to design a selector around the perfect release mechanic that allowed us to choose the debuff type? I don’t know if something like that would break the game engine

Would it be difficult to design a selector around the perfect release mechanic that allowed us to choose the debuff type? I don’t know if something like that would break the game engine

Considering swipe mechanics exist in the base engine, perhaps something connected to choosing via that?
    Terra said:

Considering swipe mechanics exist in the base engine, perhaps something connected to choosing via that?
    For sure. I believe that would satisfy everyone’s concern. I mean Guilly applies ruptures to bleed immune. No reason HE cannot do something similar.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 3,692 ★★★★★
    What happens to Hawkeye's Perfect Release mechanism when he's defending?

Given that the AI always has perfect timing, I presume it's either always effective, or the AI never tries to activate it in the first place?
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 4,529 ★★★★★
    edited November 25

I'm checking on info in regards to the questions about if any changes are being made with the synergy bonuses Hawkeye receives from other Champs. Will update here when I have all the info for you all.

Thanks

I'm checking on info in regards to the questions about if any changes are being made with the synergy bonuses Hawkeye receives from other Champs. Will update here when I have all the info for you all.

Thanks for that. I know the community wants certain things, and hopefully this is a way to satisfy everyone’s concerns.
  • DiablordDiablord Posts: 417 ★★
    edited November 26

Developer's Notes: Who says Special 3’s can’t crit bleed? Keep your Crit Rating high with the Precision mastery and you’ll see deadly Critical Bleeds with up to double the duration!

Domino:

Diablord said:

Domino:

I think Domino and HE are the only 2 who can Crit Bleed from sp3 specifically atm.
    Domino was alone in that category for so long.
    Terra said:

Diablord said:

Domino:

I think Domino and HE are the only 2 who can Crit Bleed from sp3 specifically atm.
    And if Hawkeye’s crit bleeds come close - it’ll be awesome

Terra said:

Diablord said:

Domino:

And it seems he can extend his bleed duration aswell, unlike Domino (atleast reliably)
    Terra said:

Terra said:

Diablord said:

Domino:

And it seems he can extend his bleed duration aswell, unlike Domino (atleast reliably)
    As it reads, HE should become a lot of people’s favorite. Unfortunately he has received a lot of negative bias because the SP1 - which I think is going to be stronger.

That and not having multiple debuffs - but that can be solved with synergies
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 1,544 ★★★★

Terra said:

Terra said:

Diablord said:

Domino:

As it reads, HE should become a lot of people’s favorite. Unfortunately he has received a lot of negative bias because the SP1 - which I think is going to be stronger.

That and not having multiple debuffs - but that can be solved with synergies
    People were annoyed that they made his power drain worse then added a possibility to make it better instead of just making it better. He's a rank 3 for me, but I also took Nova to r3, so disappointing "buffs" won't stop me from ranking and using who I want.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 1,176 ★★★
    edited November 28
    Make it similar to Archangel 'toxin' (when expire will stun opponent).. and it is stackable too.
    psp742 said:

Make it similar to Archangel 'toxin' (when expire will stun opponent).. and it is stackable too.

I don’t want any of that - I would have liked multiple debuffs (arrow selector of some kind) but if the bleeds are as crazy as it reads it’ll be fine.

And possible an anti-miss mechanic