**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Artificial Map 8 attack power decline/passive AI

TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
It is apparent now to most people that have been playing Map 8 that AI is very passive, and most of all there's been an artificial damage reduction that has nothing to do with the nodes that has been happening in map 8. The biggest issue is the passive AI. It has been stated throughout the forums that a 3 minute timer with a passive AI isn't fun and makes the content significantly more difficult than it needs to be. Corvus nerf was bad enough but to take it to this extreme is a bit much.

Map 8 design is good overall but needs a few tweaks. #1 an aggressive AI needs to be implemented across the board and secondly the damage cap that has been placed amongst all champions is really frustrating players to the point where modifiers are not inconceivable at this point. Anybody with video evidence to demonstrate the damage cap helps. I will if this post gets enough traction.

Comments

• Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    where do you see the damage thing? i haven't seen it and haven't seen it mentioned in my alliance, but if you have something specific i can ask around
  • Options
    L8RdaysL8Rdays Posts: 26
    The OP might be referring to all of the nodes that reduce damage in map 8. There are a lot of nodes that require you to perform a specific action before you can deal full damage.

In and of themselves, those nodes are annoying and less fun, but manageable. However, the nodes in combination with the passive AI and 3 minute timers is making Map 8 much more problematic for no real reason. If we want this to be a map that rewards skill, the AI should be made more aggressive and the timers should be increased so that we can actually play around the node designs the way they were intended. I think those are reasonable, and quite honestly necessary changes.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The AI decided to take it easy on us summoners in light of the input delay issues. It choose the lesser of two evils deciding it’s better to be a little more defensive than continue to be strictly offensive and punish the input delays. You should be thanking the AI not criticizing it!
  • Options
    edited November 2021

where do you see the damage thing? i haven't seen it and haven't seen it mentioned in my alliance, but if you have something specific i can

I have a guy in my alliance that was only doing 2k Damage with Heavys with r3 Doom and there wasn't any node to impede his damage. R5 doom can do 4k damage with Doom without crits. I want to post the video but haven't figured it out yet.

• Options

The AI decided to take it easy on us summoners in light of the input delay issues. It choose the lesser of two evils deciding it’s better to be a little more defensive than continue to be strictly offensive and punish the input delays. You should be thanking the AI not criticizing it!

Your post is not very productive in my opinion and not really funny if that's what you were going for.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Your post is not very productive in my opinion and not really funny if that's what you were going for.
    That’s okay I thought your post was shortsighted, nonsense and bs but decided to make a joke rather than call it out. Oh well.

The AI is part of the input delay issues and your “damage cap” is unfounded chicken little nonsense. Good day.
  • Options

That’s okay I thought your post was shortsighted, nonsense and bs but decided to make a joke rather than call it out. Oh well.

The AI is part of the input delay issues and your “damage cap” is unfounded chicken little nonsense. Good day.
    With all that is wrong with the game at the moment this comment will not age well. Pathetic
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Maybe one day you’ll make a post on the forum that doesn’t just attack people unnecessarily.

One day…