**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

IGN name change

I'm starting to hear from several people, i've seen screenshots with Tech Support answer that players could change their IGN.
and i'm not talking about offensive spelling or those who have confidential information.
one guy just changed simple regular nickname to other. another one changed player's name and alliance's tag.

why's that? as far as i remember kabam had this feature a long time ago through tech support, but they closed it - and this was a wise step for many reasong. e.g. for duel targets, or if player have a bad reputation he can't just hide themselves under another IGN and do again bad things - e.g. spamming, leaving alliance when they want...

what is happening with tech support? :-)

Comments

• Options
    My IGN has my birth year 1991 . Do you think I can get that changed? It’s quite confidential to me
  • Options
    KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    My IGN has my birth year 1991 . Do you think I can get that changed? It’s quite confidential to me

Then why would you include it in your forum name and share it publicly in the post
  • Options
    EdenrrificEdenrrific Posts: 57
    Kestrelle wrote: »

Then why would you include it in your forum name and share it publicly in the post

Because he is trolling
  • Options
    Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    edited October 2017
    (retracted)
  • Options
    It's not a stupid question. I demand an answer. Many players have a bad fame, and using this exploit, they can go again to the same alliance and fail alliance again!

Regular people with regular IGN are changing their IGN on whatever they want! Even alliance name and tag! That's ridiculous!
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Not sure how exactly you would go about this but someone in my alliance recently changed their name but they didn't explain anything.

I'm fine with my ign and don't really have a problem with people wanting to change them depending on the circumstances.
  • Options
    SperaSpera Posts: 152
    You can only do it once every 3 months so I don't think it's much of a problem
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    An ingame name change should be an option for units. I'm not sure why they are dead set on making you keep the name.
  • Options
    PedrobarraPedrobarra Posts: 41
    edited November 2017
    Yea relax dude. Once every 3 months is hardly going to allow people to maintain anonymity. Just pay more attention to things like champs, sig level and PvP is your really trying to avoid someone.
  • Options
    Pedrobarra wrote: »
    Yea relax dude. Once every 3 months is hardly going to allow people to maintain anonymity. Just pay more attention to things like champs, sig level and PvP is your really trying to avoid someone.

can you remember all such information? what to do with ranking up champions? :-)
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I recently changed my in game name.
    Go to support, look through the FAQs and it shows you how to do it.
    It's really not difficult
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    edited November 2017
    I completely agree with you @Crushtest . You build a reputation with your name, wether its good or bad. You shouldn't be allowed to change it unless it has something about your personal identity in it. Being able to change your name will cause issues down the line when we are recruiting and previous bad seeds get back into the alliance. If they are going to continue to allow this, then I belive there should be a mark on the changed names profile. It doesn't have to show what your previous name was, but anything that would allow recruiters to know that this account had a name change.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    What is the was to change this IGN? what confidential information he had?
    h-K5KIm4cDM.jpg
    -R6RrW1Wf3c.jpg

you changed rules to change IGN, why?
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    It can be changed only once every 6 months. Chill.
  • Options
    GD-DEV3LGD-DEV3L Posts: 75
    Ahhhhh russian such a beautiful language.......