**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who would you use 6* awakening gem on? Need help.

The_Commish123The_Commish123 Posts: 21
edited November 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Out of the 4 champs below, I would most likely use CGR the most but his awakening isn't required. I use Prof X only in event quest. Using this gem on AA or Guardian would almost require me to take them to R3 if I'm passing up both CGR and Prof X. I do not have enough stones to take them up that much, most likely to sig 60 under any of these scenarios.

Who would you use 6* awakening gem on? Need help. 87 votes

R3 Prof X
6%
MachoNachoXva23JVoorheesXguard77ScrubhanOddkinsons7 6 votes
R1 AA - could R3 but already have a max 5* sig 200
45%
danielmathLightburn22Vceebuffajrheruheru511BlackSaChiCrusaderjryuwHalleyMreyay2234Masquerade1981Colonaut123Zeronaut81Dart1981TrickiterEtjamaMobile_P0tat0No_oneukDeaconDes99 40 votes
R1 Guardian - could R3 but already have a max 5* sig 200
4%
Mets17Maratoxkenadroidodishika123 4 votes
R1 Cosmic Ghost Rider - will definitely R3 even unawakened
5%
_Sham_Will3808RiptideLlessurWasy1 5 votes
Hold it.
36%
Jonny123zuffyTristanMagrailothosFrankWhiteTotal_Domin01Ackbar67Malreck04ForumName123Eugene_VirtuosoFluffyPigMonsterGildenlowTedthebellhopFML22WhoDaPooIronman3000MCOCHazzaHieitakuCharlie21540Jr_Stark 32 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    What is your current level of content completed? How many r3 6 do you have? I ask because I think it affects the decision. Atm, I'm thinking hold, but I've personally used a Tech gem on Guardian and a generic on AA.. but we could be in totally different situations.
  • What is your current level of content completed? How many r3 6 do you have? I ask because I think it affects the decision.

I have 13 R3 which includes Prof X. Void, Ibom, NF, CMM, Corvus, Mojo, Colossus, Kingpin and Ultron are all awakened and are sig 40 or higher. My unawakened R3 currently do not really require awakening, e.g. BWCV, Sorceror Supreme, Prof X and Red Mags.

I've done a fair bit of content but not really looking to complete Abyss. Completed Act 7 Chapters 1 and 2 (not explored) and looking to jump into Chpater 3 at some point.

Appreciate the question and it's definitely a fair point. I think my roster is diversified enough whereby I have more of a luxury to make this decision.
    edited November 2021

What is your current level of content completed? How many r3 6 do you have? I ask because I think it affects the decision.

I have 13 R3 which includes Prof X. Void, Ibom, NF, CMM, Corvus, Mojo, Colossus, Kingpin and Ultron are all awakened and are sig 40 or higher. My unawakened R3 currently do not really require awakening, e.g. BWCV, Sorceror Supreme, Prof X and Red Mags.

I've done a fair bit of content but not really looking to complete Abyss. Completed Act 7 Chapters 1 and 2 (not explored) and looking to jump into Chpater 3 at some point.

Appreciate the question and it's definitely a fair point. I think my roster is diversified enough whereby I have more of a luxury to make this decision.
    Ok, umm.. I think AA and Guardian as 6 star are both good investments for the future. Having them at the next level will help in content exploration, AW and possibly solo competitive, etc. However, let's rule out Guardian for now based on sig stones. As for AA, just depends how much you like him. There's no doubt that he will absolutely play a role in content exploration. Question becomes, at what point do you want to trade up for the next power level? I think at the time I used a generic/r3 mine, I had almost everything in game 100% (at the time). So it was a pretty easy decision. Knowing how much I had used the 5 star to get where I was and that I would continue to use the 6 star moving forward. And I have. In 7.3, side quests, and AW.
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    Hold it.
    I would wait for someone better and take CGR up without it
  • What is your current level of content completed? How many r3 6 do you have? I ask because I think it affects the decision.

Ok, umm.. I think AA and Guardian as 6 star are both good investments for the future. Having them at the next level will help in content exploration, AW and possibly solo competitive, etc. However, let's rule out Guardian for now based on sig stones. As for AA, just depends how much you like him. There's no doubt that he will absolutely play a role in content exploration. Question becomes, at what point do you want to trade up for the next power level? I think at the time I used a generic/r3 mine, I had almost everything in game 100% (at the time). So it was a pretty easy decision. Knowing how much I had used the 5 star to get where I was and that I would continue to use the 6 star moving forward. And I have. In 7.3, side quests, and AW.
    Thanks so much for the feedback. I used my 5* AA a lot but have been using him less of late due to the reliance on my other 6*s. I’m pretty sure I’d go back to him if I took him to R3 so maybe I’ll go that direction. Guardian I haven’t used much so on offense and don’t know enough about him; had rank up gems and nobody to use them on so took him to max 5 back then.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    AA is a machine why would you handicap yourself and not r3 him, a r2 unduped is usually stronger than a maxed 5*(att/health wise) :D
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,066 ★★★★★
    R1 Cosmic Ghost Rider - will definitely R3 even unawakened
    His sig helps him out, doesn’t need high sig. Might as well awaken him if your going to R3 him anyway

What is your current level of content completed? How many r3 6 do you have? I ask because I think it affects the decision.

Thanks so much for the feedback. I used my 5* AA a lot but have been using him less of late due to the reliance on my other 6*s. I’m pretty sure I’d go back to him if I took him to R3 so maybe I’ll go that direction. Guardian I haven’t used much so on offense and don’t know enough about him; had rank up gems and nobody to use them on so took him to max 5 back then.
    For sure. And yeah, just used AA to finish the Side Quest. Used him only to clear. 🙂(with Guidance pre-fight). No way to go wrong with investing in him.

Guardian is insane imo. He's on my attack team virtually every war. But you'll need an abundance of sig stones to take full advantage of your 6 star. But you can definitely used the maxed 5 until then.

A quick list of some of his Abilities:

Crazy Block Proficiency, Energy and Bleed Resistance (at max sig). At sig 200 he can fight Magik, Iceman.. and others like that who deal energy damage. I mean, basically any champ with energy damage (this applies to blocked hits as well, think Apoc specials for example).

He also gives a portion of this Block Proficiency to your team as well.

Can parry non-contact hits. Think Domino, Maw, Havok, Prof X... and others. While there are ways to Parry or Reparry these characters, this ability comes in handy for high pressure fights like war. And mitigating things like High Ground. Landing easy Parries allows you to focus on the nodes and other abilities. And not rely on AI cooperation for Reparry when it's critical you land a heavy or an attack asap.

Can Parry (perfect block) specials. Think about some annoying projectiles.

Can block Unblockable Specials from Mutants (ties in with Parry ability as well).

Has an Armor buff.. so Havok, etc. (Just don't drop sp2 without having more than one Armor Buff - land heavy for another Armor first) 😅

Speaking of Domino.. He shocks her if she attempts to Crit Fail him. Besides Nimrod, he's the ultimate Domino counter.

Cannot land crits... so we know what that is good for. Sinister, Rage Node, Safeguard (red numbers do not count), Kitty Pride...the list goes on. So much for a "quick list"... I ended up geeking out.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    R1 Guardian - could R3 but already have a max 5* sig 200
    Yes
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    In Act 7, 6* get a bonus. You only need AA at sig 110, so sig 60 is halfway. Even then, it's not that big of an issue.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Hold it for a high prestige champ.
  • PupkacPupkac Posts: 75

In Act 7, 6* get a bonus. You only need AA at sig 110, so sig 60 is halfway. Even then, it's not that big of an issue.

This is a myth. Sig lvl 1 Is enough.

For sure. And yeah, just used AA to finish the Side Quest. Used him only to clear. 🙂(with Guidance pre-fight). No way to go wrong with investing in him.

Guardian is insane imo. He's on my attack team virtually every war. But you'll need an abundance of sig stones to take full advantage of your 6 star. But you can definitely used the maxed 5 until then.

A quick list of some of his Abilities:

Crazy Block Proficiency, Energy and Bleed Resistance (at max sig). At sig 200 he can fight Magik, Iceman.. and others like that who deal energy damage. I mean, basically any champ with energy damage (this applies to blocked hits as well, think Apoc specials for example).

He also gives a portion of this Block Proficiency to your team as well.

Can parry non-contact hits. Think Domino, Maw, Havok, Prof X... and others. While there are ways to Parry or Reparry these characters, this ability comes in handy for high pressure fights like war. And mitigating things like High Ground. Landing easy Parries allows you to focus on the nodes and other abilities. And not rely on AI cooperation for Reparry when it's critical you land a heavy or an attack asap.

Can Parry (perfect block) specials. Think about some annoying projectiles.

Can block Unblockable Specials from Mutants (ties in with Parry ability as well).

Has an Armor buff.. so Havok, etc. (Just don't drop sp2 without having more than one Armor Buff - land heavy for another Armor first) 😅

Speaking of Domino.. He shocks her if she attempts to Crit Fail him. Besides Nimrod, he's the ultimate Domino counter.

Cannot land crits... so we know what that is good for. Sinister, Rage Node, Safeguard (red numbers do not count), Kitty Pride...the list goes on. So much for a "quick list"... I ended up geeking out.
    Um..wow. Appreciate all, I mean all, of that detail. I guess I need to do more research and watch some guardian videos. Right now my go to tech is Ultron who I love. I don’t use suicides and my alliance doesn’t care about prestige which I failed to mention in my original post. I’ll definitely look more into Guardian after your feedback there :smile:
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Hold it.
    Hold it.

I have a skill AG and unduped Nick as 6 star. I also have a duped Nick as 5 star. So I'm actually holding onto the AG for later.