**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who to R3 Next?

BlxndyBlxndy Posts: 145 ★★
edited November 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I had some units saved up for cyber weekend and it went very well! My current R3s are NF, CMM, G99, White Mags, HT, Diablo, Warlock and Apoc.

I value everyones opinion so please let me know your thoughts below! I can answer any questions :smile:

Who to R3 Next? 31 votes

Knull (unawakened, currently at R2)-defence and offence purposes
45%
TerraMalreck04RockypantherxMnguyen50EtjamaFiiNCHSpideyFunkoPrakhar_82Thanks_D19K_PRiptideCyrillFromTulaOEMVKonstant45 14 votes
Ghost (unawakened, currently at R1)- I do have a 5/65 Max sig though
3%
OliverJW 1 vote
Spiderham (awakened sig 40, currently at R2)-defence and offence purposes
12%
FluffyPigMonsterDeadpool87living_legend_1Zippy_halligan 4 votes
Red Mags (unawakened, currently at R1)- I do have a 5/65 awakened though
9%
DylanphileEwell65SSS69Renaxqq 3 votes
Stryfe (awakened, currently at R1)-I have apoc to go along with him
16%
ЗАКСОЛИНDrauglinBertyditchOoooiiiiieeeeeeThe_HoTU 5 votes
The Overseer (awakened sig 40, currently at R1)-defence and offence purposes
6%
heruheru511FlyGalaxyBomb 2 votes
Wait for someone else!
6%
ChobblyMurfi19 2 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• BlxndyBlxndy Posts: 145 ★★
    edited November 2021
    If people could explain their reasons behind their decision then this would be much appreciated! Results are currently different to what I expected.

I forgot to mention I run suicides!
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    If u run suicides I'd say go for Knull

If u run suicides I'd say go for Knull

I do run suicides! I forgot to mention- thanks :)
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    Blxndy said:

If people could explain their reasons behind their decision then this would be much appreciated! Results are currently different to what I expected.

Let me enlight you: the people in the forums always vote for the latest and greatest champ. That's about it.
  • The_HoTUThe_HoTU Posts: 445 ★★
    Stryfe (awakened, currently at R1)-I have apoc to go along with him
    Stryfe is the best option for diversity in the roaster
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Knull (unawakened, currently at R2)-defence and offence purposes
    Yeah it’s prolly knull. He has a lot of uses and unawakened ghost kinda hurts even with scuicides
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I don't know much about knull other than he's supposed to be very OP. So he might be the easy answer but I just don't know enough.

The only worthy options in my opinion are mags and stryfe. I really like stryfe. He's versatile and can be valuable in lots of areas/situations in the game. Mags is OP and pretty self-explanatory.

Your other options don't make sense. You'd rather use a sig 200 r5 Ghost than an r3 unduped. And ham and overseer are not at the level of the other 3 I mentioned imo.

Blxndy said:

Let me enlight you: the people in the forums always vote for the latest and greatest champ. That's about it.
    Who would you pick then?
    The_HoTU said:

Stryfe is the best option for diversity in the roaster

I cannot seem to get into Stryfe, granted i havent tried him with apoc or since hes been awakened. Any major perks im missing?
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Yeah there's a lot. He can counter evade, unstoppable, thorns. He can even block unblockable attacks (not just unblockable sps). He can get easy openings with his phase (sp1+heavy), so good for e/f knockdown (and I imagine e/f intercept, but I haven't tested this and if someone knows then i'd greatly appreciate it). So the utility is certainly there.

Also he can achieve very high dmg and the ramp up is very easy with high sig.

He's also somewhat sustainable b/c he can glance too (but this uses up his charges, which takes away from his dmg and some of his utility; this is more of a nice to have than an essential part of his kit).

And lastly his synergies are great with good champs.

The only tricky part is to be careful when you use the sp1 to set up the miss/heavy move. If the opponent has a special, sometimes it can come suddenly and you get wrecked (you can only miss basics, not specials). If the AI is a bit skittish, then set up the sp1 miss/heavy move when the AI does not have enough power for specials.

Here is one of my solos against m7 OR mini. Admittedly anyone could have done it, but a nice showcase on how to setup the sp1+heavy move and his dmg:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgsV0HBPU3I&t=28s