Relics

sirderekoflanesirderekoflane Member Posts: 75
edited December 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I know Kabam said they wanted to add relics. I understand that with current issues that it may have been delayed, but what does everyone think these should look like. I have a couple ideas.

General ability upgrades:
Some examples
X% armour break debuff potency
X% fury buff potency
Burst damage potency, regeneration, bleed duration, critical damage rating, etc.

And you can do plenty more like this.

Utility increases as well.

Inflict slow on special X
Inflict a non-stacking suppression on heavy attack

Things like this would be amazing. Small utility increases depending on equipped relics, and also increased damage relics for champions that may have lots of utility but less damage. You could also have champion specific relics that can be earned through solo objectives, arenas, and other events. How the specific champion is chosen I have no clue on, but it is a great idea.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• JadedJaded Member Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★
    Once upon a time marvel contest of champions was split between Chinese players and the rest of the world. The mcoc Chinese players got was slightly different then the one the rest of the world got. They had “relics” or “gear” on their version.

I envision gear to be like adding a node to your attacker that already exists in the game. Like Buffet, or just simply adding % of attack/health or other attributes like crit rate. As in not much different from masteries.
  • DawsManDawsMan Member Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    I just want them to be like nodes we have in game.

oop jaded said just that.
    DawsMan said:

I just want them to be like nodes we have in game.

oop jaded said just that.

Can definitely see that being a way to add an element of fun to the game.
    LordPSN said:

I dont want the relics to be P2P thing. Like the cav crystals etc we have for champs, I dont want the same for relics.
    Otherwise me being a F2P player, it would be impossible for me to participate in AQ/AW where P2P guys would be having relics.
    I am really afraid that as soon as Relics come in the game, the game nature and order which we have right now would be entirely different.
    I think the valley we have right now between mega whales, small whales and F2P would be so wide that F2P player would have no chance to even think to compete!

Totally, I can see needing to use units like mastery cores tho...
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Member Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    If they do come out with relics, I hope they come with visual effects.

For example if you had something like “fists of fire”

This could incinerate the opponent on mediums (similar to incursions)
    your champs hands would burn while doing a medium.

Another example could be “Deadpool’s Quips”

This could taunt the opponent while dashing back for 2 seconds. And the visual effects would be a joke in the UI like when Hercules talks.

Another another example could be “Negative Energy”

This could allow a champion to evade while charging a heavy every x seconds. As well as alter the champions with a negative color palette.

Often art is downplayed in importance in a game. It is definitely not! There is lots of potential to give champions new energy which would make them feel like the fantastic four with every member on the team!

This could taunt the opponent while dashing back for 2 seconds. And the visual effects would be a joke in the UI like when Hercules talks.

Often art is downplayed in importance in a game. It is definitely not! There is lots of potential to give champions new energy and make them feel like the fantastic four with every member on the team!

I highly highly doubt that they could have a relic that forces them to reprogram an animation to fit onto every character without bugs/years of work...
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Member Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

Often art is downplayed in importance in a game. It is definitely not! There is lots of potential to give champions new energy and make them feel like the fantastic four with every member on the team!

I highly highly doubt that they could have a relic that forces them to reprogram an animation to fit onto every character without bugs/years of work...
    It depends

Fists of Fire seems way harder to animate then Deadpool’s quips, don’t know about the negative one.

Gear without any effects whatsoever seems very bland.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Member Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    I doubt they would add abilities to a champion instead they'll enhance what they already have. Similar to the basic hacks in incursions

I doubt they would add abilities to a champion instead they'll enhance what they already have. Similar to the basic hacks in incursions

Having a relic that adds incinerate damage on light attacks doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibilities. If they added boss hacks as relics that could be beneficial and fun as well.
  • sirderekoflanesirderekoflane Member Posts: 75
    Jaded said:

Having a relic that adds incinerate damage on light attacks doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibilities. If they added boss hacks as relics that could be beneficial and fun as well.
    I agree that incursion hacks could be fun as relics. But they wouldn’t be too overpowered. If one champion could only have one relic, that is only one node buff. Some are broken though. My 5/65 CMM can deal 400k+ special 2s without suicides using buff cornucopia. But then again, it’s fun! It could break things but bringing more of an aspect of fun seems needed. Some players just don’t want to do the grind or spend thousands of units.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Member Posts: 822 ★★★★
    I guess I’m afraid it will disrupt the lore factor of the game. Abilities, with some room for balance and creative license, are still loosely tied to a champs established powers or equipment. If my Hulk starts incinerating or my Wolverine applies shock I worry it won’t feel like I’m playing as the character. I don’t mind that kind of departure for specific modes ( see incursion hacks) or events ( see infinity gem buffs for avengers) but if it’s universal I think it’ll disrupt the connection to the Marvel Universe. I’m not anti relic in general but it shouldn’t result in us basically having Marvel themed skins for characters with wildly different powers/abilities than what is established for the character in my opinion.
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Member Posts: 710 ★★★
    This game can do without relics entirely
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Member Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I can see the interest in using gear/relics in specific game modes, but honestly after playing MROC for a while it was just another layer of complexity for the game.

The idea of Wolverine with flaming and sparking claws sounds like it would be awesome, I just worry it would kill the feel of the game if it went game wide.

Also with the state of the bugs in game for the last year or two do we really want Kabam screwing with even more of the fundamental dynamics of the game right now?

DawsMan said:

It depends

Fists of Fire seems way harder to animate then Deadpool’s quips, don’t know about the negative one.

Gear without any effects whatsoever seems very bland.
    The quips would be aight, but even then I feel like it would make them less rare and sort of like emotes, which I'm not sure is a direction we want to go... idk

But yes I acknowledge that quips would be much easier than fire fists.