**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Brian Grant was right all along

Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
First of all I’m prefacing this by saying I love Brian Grants YouTube channel. Great content, he knows his stuff and just generally great viewing.

But I always found it infuriating that he hoards everything. All the crystals and items in his stash he never uses until it’s about to expire in his overflow. Why spend hours grinding, when you can open a few hundred of the thousands of crystals you have. When it’s the item use event, use your items. Surely it helps your account progress to use up all your sigs stones you’ve saved since the last item use. Awaken any champs you have a gem for. Open those crystals. Play the game. Have fun. Kabam have said hoarding is bad for the Kabam and I always was always taught to be good.

But Brian Grant was right. I’ve been foolish, foolish for using my Gems and not hoarding everything. Well once bitten, twice shy. I’m going to hoard like never before! Unless it’s expiring it ain’t get used. Thank you Brian for showing the way.

Comments

• TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Umm...whaat? So you mean to say that you'll not use items, not open crystals just so you want to get back at kabam? That's no fun! You're twisting words.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

Umm...whaat? So you mean to say that you'll not use items, not open crystals just so you want to get back at kabam? That's no fun! You're twisting words.

I think he is referring to Trade in Store. If you used your 5* AGs you can't exchange for 6* AG. Only hoarders can
    I’m no wher near hordes had just alot cosmetic 5 star gym no use if for now getting them faster
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

I think he is referring to Trade in Store. If you used your 5* AGs you can't exchange for 6* AG. Only hoarders can
    there's been so many that for longer term players, the trade in was easy, and i don't hoard AT ALL
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    He just behaves like a normal regular F2P player would behave here
  • tfdrp2tfdrp2 Posts: 49
    I don't hoard on purpose, but it happens over time. all of my 4* are awakened. so opening my 4* awakening gems and using the ones in stock got me 5 5* crystals. some of my 4* classes are all max sig, so I was able to pick up 46 of the 5* sig stone crystals. good event. Just wish there was an easier way to reload rather having to go to overflow to pull in more.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★

I don’t think I mention getting back at Kabam. This is a slightly tongue in cheek post. But there lots of items I use, just to use them up. I don’t need to use them. I’ve wasted loads of awakening gems over the last 2 years, not because I was going use champion, I just had the gem and used them. But the reality is, unless I have a specific use for an item I won’t be using it.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    Who says hoarding is bad?

Hoarding good, mmmkay!
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    All games that depend on an economy, wether its items, coins, gems... Are about min-maxing
    As you said before sure item use events and such help your account, your alliance; but u gotta understand there is a "cap" also... U can score 100k points in item use; but if your alliance doesnt push as hard as you and u end up in the same milestone its useless...
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    Just watched Lagacy’s video and this pretty much summed up what I went through https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oeg_CTCP-kg