**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A simple SQL query would have implemented 30% gold boost

_Sham__Sham_ Posts: 1,054 ★★★★
I don't understand what's going on with Kabam always complicating things.

Game is already super bugged and yet they go add more code to just add 30% gold boost. And risk to create more bugs.

While a simple SQL query would have updated the database table. Would have took like 30 second of work.

When 30% boost is already approved why go through all that coding is beyond my comprehension. Are devlopers trying to justify their pay ? Or there is no one to guide them ? Or they really are completely out of touch of their own game ?

There is maybe a pattern here of why we seeing more and more bugs.

Comments

• Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Do you mean that they are creating more codes than necessary when most of the existing codes can be edited instead of creating brand new?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    This was a miscommunication, one that worked out in our favor. They initially increased the percentage of Gold overall. Meaning 15k versus other amounts. We understood per Crystal. So they adjusted it to our expectations. Not much room to complain outside of clearer explanations.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    That’s true as yours makes more sense :o
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    DNA3000 said:

_Sham_ said:

Game is already super bugged and yet they go add more code to just add 30% gold boost. And risk to create more bugs.

While a simple SQL query would have updated the database table. Would have took like 30 second of work.

When 30% boost is already approved why go through all that coding is beyond my comprehension. Are devlopers trying to justify their pay ? Or there is no one to guide them ? Or they really are completely out of touch of their own game ?

Well, I don't understand why people who know absolutely nothing about a subject still feel confident in making assertions about it, but here we are.

1. No code was added to the game to change the gold drops.

2. No amount of SQL can change the gold drops either.

3. Just because you only know one way of doing things, doesn't mean that's how it is done everywhere.

The idea seems to have been to simultaneously change a number of things in a number of ways, both increasing the drop values and the drop odds tables so that both the average return on the crystals was higher (by about 30%) and the odds of getting the higher drops was increases so they were less rare. This required changing drop values and drop percentages in a coordinated way. The problem was that players can see the value changes but not the odds changes, and were confused. Rather than try to explain what happened, the devs decided to change everything to a flat 30% increase which is universally visible and transparent, and requires no mathematical explanation.

In other words, they are going to change everything from something slightly better for the players but difficult to see and explain to something slightly worse for the players but obvious to see and explain, because they vastly underestimated the players ability to presume the worst.
    I agree completely, except for one piece. Although some of the people in the forums may incorrectly believe 2+5×3=21, instead of 17; I don't believe that it would be hard to explain statistics (/drop rates) on crystals correctly.

I am probably one of the few though that support (what should be unnecessary) government overreach for fully divulging the chances in gaming crystals, since it has become legalized gambling for minors.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

_Sham_ said:

In other words, they are going to change everything from something slightly better for the players but difficult to see and explain to something slightly worse for the players but obvious to see and explain, because they vastly underestimated the players ability to presume the worst.
    I don't think it's fair to place this on the players. They should have made this clearer in the og post
  • Options
    AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    I had a similar thought when AW ended early. If I want to add up something in a database and change the cut-off date, changing the date parameters in the WHERE clause seems a simple way to do it. But it turns out there’s a complexity involved that I’m not appreciating.