**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Overlooked 1* (small storytime)

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
Today, this happened:

And I know, to vast majority of you this sounds like a crystal opening of FC Barcelona, but let me tell you a short backstory:

I used to have a 1* Wolverine, but god knows why I sold him years ago. I didn't notice until V4 came around. I blasted my way through it up till 3.2. And then I saw the boss. Everyone was saying "I need 1* Hulk for one path, he is the most wanted 1*, invaluable champion". Which was nice, but people absolutely overlook Wolverine. Back then, BP wasn't buffed yet. And the only 1* champions with reliable bleeds were pretty much BP and Wolverine. So I had a really tough time defeating the final boss. Every single video used Wolverine, and it makes sense. His regen allows for really easy solos. But again, I didn't have Wolvie.

Now fast forward to today. Every time the Collector Crystals arenas came around, I grinded the crystals. Opened tens of them and never got a Wolverine. Got literally every other available 1*, but not Wolvie. Until today. I finally can easily explore the last quest, even tho at TB it is less impactful.

So yea, this is the short story how pulling a 1* Wolverine makes me happier than pulling 99% of 6*s.

Comments

• Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    He’s the only 1* I’m missing. I’m glad you’ve finally got him!
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    I'm glad that I wasn't the only one super excited about pulling a 1* Wolverine today. Congrats.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I thought I had him, but it turns out that I actually don't...
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Today, this happened:

And I know, to vast majority of you this sounds like a crystal opening of FC Barcelona, but let me tell you a short backstory:

I used to have a 1* Wolverine, but god knows why I sold him years ago. I didn't notice until V4 came around. I blasted my way through it up till 3.2. And then I saw the boss. Everyone was saying "I need 1* Hulk for one path, he is the most wanted 1*, invaluable champion". Which was nice, but people absolutely overlook Wolverine. Back then, BP wasn't buffed yet. And the only 1* champions with reliable bleeds were pretty much BP and Wolverine. So I had a really tough time defeating the final boss. Every single video used Wolverine, and it makes sense. His regen allows for really easy solos. But again, I didn't have Wolvie.

Now fast forward to today. Every time the Collector Crystals arenas came around, I grinded the crystals. Opened tens of them and never got a Wolverine. Got literally every other available 1*, but not Wolvie. Until today. I finally can easily explore the last quest, even tho at TB it is less impactful.

So yea, this is the short story how pulling a 1* Wolverine makes me happier than pulling 99% of 6*s.

Amazing. I still get more excited over a new 2* than a new high rarity champ.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    I had him and sold him as well, but I know why I did. I got the 2*.

Like you, I always grind for the collector crystals and hope to get him back. He's the only 1* I don't have.

So far, this time, I've had 2 dupes and a new Squirrel Girl.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Nice it's the little things that make you happy. I was never so excited as last 1* pull. It was juggernaut and that made me have every possible 1* in game.

Weird that something so trivial made me happy but I'll take it.