**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should Kabam extend the trade-in store until after the gifting event ends?

I’ve been playing this game for 6 and a half years and this years trade-in store is in my opinion a terrible design. They offer for end game players an opportunity to trade-in 5 generic 5 star awakening gems
(way too high should’ve been 3)
For 1 6 star awakening gem crystal.
In addition they end the opportunity to do this trade right before allowing ppl to trade GGCs which will most likely drop 5 star AG crystals by the buttload for anyone going hard in the gifting event. This is a slap in the face to any player who actually uses their resources like AGs and sig stones when they acquire new champs. In the future all I have learned is that I shouldn’t bother to invest in anything less than 6 stars and to hoard literally every other resources for the chance to exchange it years from now.

Comments

• Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,164 ★★★★
    I was one short, had 2 cosmic gems so decided to explore a variant. Cost me units but managed to get my 3rd cosmic and therefore final awakening gem for the 6 star.

I'm with you in that I wish everyone could get it. At the same time the nature of acquisition in game is rng so I just did what I could to get the best possible chance of getting the gem. I'd be kicking myself if nothing changed then got a cosmic gem after this trade in store went away. If I didnt get the cosmic gem I might have explored another variant... not an option for everyone as some have explored all but just sharing my experience and thought process.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    The price is right, its the 2nd highest value item in the game as of right now (1st being Generic 6* AG)
    I truly believe it should have been gated to TB only.
  • Options
    DusterN9neDusterN9ne Posts: 74
    Coppin said:

The price is right, its the 2nd highest value item in the game as of right now (1st being Generic 6* AG)

Nah the 2 highest value items are t3a and t6b and 6 star AGs come in 5th after sig stones and generic AGs
  • Options

Coppin said:

Nah the 2 highest value items are t3a and t6b and 6 star AGs come in 5th after sig stones and generic AGs
    T3a and t6b have never been sold as a whole.. fragments have therefore its not an item... Yeah it is semantics but u got the point..
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Well I can only speak from my own experience but about 2 months ago I finally acquired a 5 star version of White Mags. I had been chasing the 6 star but never got him. I decided to invest a generic into him and rank him up with a variant 8 gem for act 7 content. Along with a newly acquired 5 star AntiVenom who I also used a generic on. I guess these 5 stars are utter trash and completely worthless to invest in given the fact that now I am exactly 2 gems short of making this trade. All I can say is if this store expires and I get a bunch of 5 star AGs from gifting GGCs right after I’m gonna be rightfully pissed off.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Well I can only speak from my own experience but about 2 months ago I finally acquired a 5 star version of White Mags. I had been chasing the 6 star but never got him. I decided to invest a generic into him and rank him up with a variant 8 gem for act 7 content. Along with a newly acquired 5 star AntiVenom who I also used a generic on. I guess these 5 stars are utter trash and completely worthless to invest in given the fact that now I am exactly 2 gems short of making this trade. All I can say is if this store expires and I get a bunch of 5 star AGs from gifting GGCs right after I’m gonna be rightfully pissed off.

Well I only see a bit of fault in your story, and its based on personal decisions. You pointed out that you have been chasing 6* white mags for a while and it never happened. If u had it would have been unawakened anyway....so getting the 5* and slapping an AG seems trivial then...
    I would be more pissed if after all this your next crystal has a 6* white mags..
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I don't necessarily think it needs to be extended (even if I'm not opposed to it) but I do think it would be good if it came back every once in a while without those whiles being "once in a blue moon". You could maybe lock it so that people can only trade five generic 5* gems for one 6* gem, and if they do so now they can't do it again next time the store pops up. Just one swap over the shop's lifetime (at least in the foreseeable future). That way, there's no way to farm 6* AGs through the shop - it would basically just be another semi-permanent way to get a single one.

That way, you could give everyone an equal chance at getting the AG eventually. While it's possible that we could get another generic gem during the gifting event or enough class-based ones to trade them for a generic gem, I think it's more realistic (at least for me) that I'd get enough of them in maybe three or four months' time.

From a money-making perspective, I also think it would make offers containing generic 5* AGs a lot more valuable to a lot of endgame players that missed out on picking up the 6* AG this time around. After all, one of the problems that I think a lot of people ran into was viewing those gems as significantly less valuable once they started focusing on 6*s and leaving the 5*s behind. And when something's less valuable, you're less inclined to keep it in your stash for a rainy day. However, now that they have a newly-defined value, I hope it won't take Kabam a full year before they allow people to cash them in again.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Well I only see a bit of fault in your story, and its based on personal decisions. You pointed out that you have been chasing 6* white mags for a while and it never happened. If u had it would have been unawakened anyway....so getting the 5* and slapping an AG seems trivial then...
    I would be more pissed if after all this your next crystal has a 6* white mags..
    I would use both not worried about that. The point is that based on how Kabam has set up this store if you want to get further in the game don’t bother investing in lower star champs ever because it’s a waste of time after you’ve got a 6 star. 😂 it’s pointless