Gifting being “bad”

I have seen a lot of people including YouTubers complaining that the gifting event is bad for the game. I don’t think so personally. Lagacy pointed out that this would be start of rank 4 materials being more common which does give players a chance to catch up. 7.4 is coming and that should give endgame players more of these resources, but not from 7.4 completion. I don’t expect it to be any different from the other chapters. However, we will see act 7 completion and exploration rewards for the entire act. That should give players a bunch of rank 4 materials of Kabam does it right.
Gifting is necessary to give Kabam the funds to keep the game going, who cares if it bumps 100 players over the rest? They are the ones that spent thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars on the game and a crappy reward is not worth it. There will always be a gap between free to play and non free to play players. If that gap is minimal, Kabam won’t make enough money to keep the game going, but if there is a decent gap with good payoff for spending, Kabam can keep the game going. So what if it is 1 or 2 extra rank 4s. By the end of 2022, people could have much more. When rank 4s are the new rank 3 and just as common.Those 2 extra won’t matter anymore.
What gifting does do well is help players who are mid game reach endgame. Last year’s gifting got me from just a beginner to having my first 6* and first rank 5 5* champion. It was huge. Sure, I lucked out on this one and didn’t get as much but this event could get me much closer to my first rank 3. I understand how players are upset, but in the long run these rewards won’t matter much. As for weapon x, not many people will ever have a chance to get him and I think it is a great idea to give a few players a rare chance at getting him. I unfortunately did not as I would use him as our alliances war boss, but that is fine. We need to stop looking at the gap this creates now, it will surely change down the line.

Comments

• GildenlowGildenlow Member Posts: 691 ★★★
    The big complain with gifting is that you must spend a lot of units (which no FTP can afford) so it's a pay to win strategy.

The game evolves so it's ok that we'll see more r4 6 stars championes, but you just won't se them on FTP accounts and that's a problem for some of us.
  • Will3808Will3808 Member Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★
    Gildenlow said:

The big complain with gifting is that you must spend a lot of units (which no FTP can afford) so it's a pay to win strategy.

The game evolves so it's ok that we'll see more r4 6 stars championes, but you just won't se them on FTP accounts and that's a problem for some of us.

This will always be a gifting event complaint and hasn’t changed since they introduced the event. Sorry to say but it’s true.
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Gifting isn't necessary to keep the game moving. There is plenty of funds to keep this game alive for year. This is one of Netmarbles best games under their umbrella.

The problem people are pointing out is the unhealthy amount of money someone is going to spend to get 1st place. I'd estimate at least $20k or more. Not only that, the rewards they're giving, just don't belong in the game currently. We have barely been able to take 1 champ to R4 and they introduced a generic 3-4 6* gem.

Gifting was meant to be a fun thing for the community to do but people had to commit fraud, cheat and exploit the game for the rewards. I'd rather they just take away those rank rewards and add more levels to the milestones. Stop putting so much into the competition for rank 1. All it does is just forces people to want to find loopholes and cheat to get it.

I second this. Those rank rewards are like a full year and a half early, very tempting for cheaters.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Sorry but f2p got no opinion on this matter, sure freedom of speech or whatever; but why would someone who wont spend money have any influence over those who do spend?
    Basically an f2p would think that every Terrible offer is good since it will only slightly increase the gap...
    Someone who doesnt spend should not be reviewing the rewards of those who do...
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,944 ★★★★★

Gifting isn't necessary to keep the game moving. There is plenty of funds to keep this game alive for year. This is one of Netmarbles best games under their umbrella.

The problem people are pointing out is the unhealthy amount of money someone is going to spend to get 1st place. I'd estimate at least $20k or more. Not only that, the rewards they're giving, just don't belong in the game currently. We have barely been able to take 1 champ to R4 and they introduced a generic 3-4 6* gem.

Gifting was meant to be a fun thing for the community to do but people had to commit fraud, cheat and exploit the game for the rewards. I'd rather they just take away those rank rewards and add more levels to the milestones. Stop putting so much into the competition for rank 1. All it does is just forces people to want to find loopholes and cheat to get it.

At least something I can pretty much agree
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Member Posts: 311 ★★
    Honestly I couldn’t care less because I’m not majorly invested in this game. I do enjoy it but a lot of things take precedence over it. I do agree the rewards for the top alliances and top players are insane. Some people who already have r4 s are going to have another one in absolutely no time. But how does this affect me at all? It’s doesn’t so I couldn’t care less. I just focus on me and what I can do at the moment. I just got my first 6*r2 and I’m happy about it. If you’re a f2p player, then don’t judge others for whaling out because they enjoy the game. Chances are you spend your money on something else that other people may not spend their money on. It’s 100% your choice.

The only thing I would critique about gifting is that it’s selfish. It promotes gifting to others but then expecting something in return. And while good deeds are always payed back, I think this event ruins the point of gifting. It’s a fun event don’t get me wrong and the rewards can be nice, but gifting should be purely gifting because of kindness, not the thought of getting something in return.
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Member Posts: 311 ★★
    Also I do want to say before everyone starts disagreeing, I do agree with what has been said before. I just believe that you should focus on what you can change rather than what you can’t. Accept what you can’t change, change what you can’t accept.
  • L0KI0DINSON2981L0KI0DINSON2981 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021
    I think the "requirements" for gifting this year are stupid. Last year I was able to gift no problem allowing me to help people I know. Now because I haven't finished act 4 it's "nope sorry, you're not included." I didn't gift for strictly the milestones I did it to help others. Not everyone has time to make sure they have all the right stuff at a certain time. Really Kabam? Way to leave people out, thought this was "community" not certain players.
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★

It’s kinda funny to me. In a year or so, I’ll be sitting here with my r4 as a FTP, and I’ll think to myself “Damn, someone really spent 20k+ for this”

There is nothing move valuable than time. If you were told you were going to die in an hour how much would you pay for another year? So 20k for a year is the best value in the history of the World.
  • LlessurLlessur Member Posts: 488 ★★★

It’s kinda funny to me. In a year or so, I’ll be sitting here with my r4 as a FTP, and I’ll think to myself “Damn, someone really spent 20k+ for this”

There is nothing move valuable than time. If you were told you were going to die in an hour how much would you pay for another year? So 20k for a year is the best value in the history of the World.
    Not to be a pessimist but if I had an hour I would spend 20k on a reward that won’t come out for the next two weeks
  • SCZSCZ Member Posts: 190 ★★
    Without all the videos being made we would have to resort to watching Kraven’s fireplace.

That is reason alone to keep gifting

Smart FTP players have always benefitted from gifting event.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Member Posts: 952 ★★★★

Like I said before this is a cash competition event especially for those at the top. Kabam saw a way to increase cash in their wallets and they took it. How it translates in the game, Kabam still holds the power. Whatever gap it creates, they can close with a snap and vice verse.
  • JinGrave6505JinGrave6505 Member Posts: 1
    Мужики, почему-то подарки не могу дарить вообще.
    Мне присылают, а я ответки не могу кинуть?
    Теперь надо что-то купить, чтобы подарки дарить?
    Раньше проблемы не было...
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Member Posts: 376 ★★★

For that and a bunch of other stuff , endless 6* shards sig stones ect. But if you got it like that it's all good !