**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I was scammed. That gave me an idea for future gifting events.

Alado1977Alado1977 Posts: 12
edited January 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
So, long story short, I was scammed.

With my own brooding shame my thoughts went into something productive and I would like to share an idea with KABAM for future, maybe next year, gifting events @Kabam Miike. Apologies if this was already suggested.

The primary concern and bottleneck of the existing gift process is "who goes first". If we remove that part of the process, the majority of complaints would cease.

How?
Use a process similiar to Incursions:
1. A similar menu to incursion after you choosen a friend or alliance member. If the other player isn't online he would receive a notification that player X wants to trade.
2. Instead of choosing champs, it would allow you to add the gifts (I'd say 3 types of items) and quantity.
3. The other player would do the same, both sides always visible.
4. Once chosen the items are locked. Either the trade happens or it's cancelled.
5. To confirm the trade, both players would have to hit "OK" or "Trade" or any other confirmation action. If no action is taken after gifts are locked, trades would be cancelled after X minutes.
6. Both players would receive their gifts at the same time. No need to go first for anyone.

This would still allow for generosity gifting. Only one player would put up gifts and both agree on a trade.
This would make gifting slower but more realiable. With happier players, maybe spending could increase?

TL;DR
Had an ideia to eliminate the "who goes first" part
Use a variation of incursions matchmaking method

Thank you for reading.
Happy new year everyone!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Alado1977Alado1977 Posts: 12
    Thank you for analysing my idea @HollowAizen . You’re probably right. I didn’t factor in that this is only relevant of 2 weeks in the lifespan of a year. That would make this development a low priority.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Do people not gift just to be nice? If you expect something in return, I don’t think global is the most trustworthy…. Make friends or trade with alliance members.

ItsDamien said:

It’s a gifting event. Not a trading event. Only gift to people you can trust.

Keep both systems.if you want to gift it is there. For those trading that is also thwre Other than the technical issues of having to establish a trading , what loss is it to you(or anyone else) to actively oppose the idea?
    Nobody is obligated to return the gift. People donate to homeless people without any expectations of anything being returned. My advice, if you aren’t financially stable (don’t got too many units), don’t blow it on a gift unless you just wanna be nice, otherwise find someone to trade with you in your alliance or with someone you would call a friend.

ItsDamien said:

Keep both systems.if you want to gift it is there. For those trading that is also thwre Other than the technical issues of having to establish a trading , what loss is it to you(or anyone else) to actively oppose the idea?
    Nobody is obligated to return the gift. People donate to homeless people without any expectations of anything being returned. My advice, if you aren’t financially stable (don’t got too many units), don’t blow it on a gift unless you just wanna be nice, otherwise find someone to trade with you in your alliance or with someone you would call a friend.
    What are you even on about? And what is this comparison about homeless people even doing here? "Gifting " is the name of the event. It's predominantly used as a trade for getting better rewards.

Keep the gifting system as it is and establish a parallel trading system because that is what majority of players do in the game. You want to still gift? Go ahead. But for this eunable to find partners in alliances or close friends , let them use trading system
    It’s an analogy.
    edited December 2021

ItsDamien said:

What are you even on about? And what is this comparison about homeless people even doing here? "Gifting " is the name of the event. It's predominantly used as a trade for getting better rewards.

Keep the gifting system as it is and establish a parallel trading system because that is what majority of players do in the game. You want to still gift? Go ahead. But for this eunable to find partners in alliances or close friends , let them use trading system
    It’s the name of the event of which another person has mentioned, turned toward the direction of trading by the player base. I just don’t see the need of implementing a trading system for a “gifting” event. You can still treat it as a trading event, just with those you trust. It’s not meant to be beneficial toward you, but toward the other player. Thus why it’s a gift. However it can still be beneficial if the other player decides to gift that item back, which wouldn’t benefit them as they’ve already gained from your gift, but it’s returning the generosity you’ve sent them.

(Oh and to prevent any “scamming”, there are milestones you still receive for gifting.)
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Look, I'm going to avoid the whole gifting versus trading situation we have, and get to the point.

1) It's a lot of effort to code that kind of system.

2) It's literally a 2 week annual event. I don't think Kabam will be willing to invest too many resources to just for that. It hurts to say it, but I can't see this being their priority. Yes it sucks to be scammed, that won't change, but this system is a tall order.

3) If they screw this up, and considering how buggy new mechanics have been recently, then it could lead to a lot of outrage. From what I can see, gifting is one of the big money making events for Kabam, and a system, if implemented and found to be bugged, could cause a lot of players to quit or refrain from spending. Again, I have no actual numbers, but I don't think they would want to take the risk.

4) If there is a bug in the system, then how would they solve it? They'd have to have an emergency maintenance, and who knows how long it will take, or if it even will be solved. It's a limited time event, and I don't think they'd take chances here.

5) Testing the system would be another roadblock, since this is an annual event.

6) There is still room to be scammed, regardless. If scamming has to be fully stopped, it should probably have to become a proper trading event and not a gifting one.

7) There are probably stick going to be technical issues to implementing. @DNA3000 had explained some in a similar post a while back.

To reiterate, I'm all for people not getting scammed. I do want Kabam to find a way to prevent hte scams. It's just that there are some loopholes in this particular idea.
  • Alado1977Alado1977 Posts: 12
    edited December 2021
    Thank you all for the feedback but I never intended this to become a debate between gift versus trade.

The scam happened. I’m to blame even if I took all the normal precautions. I’ve created an expectation on some return and got nothing. It happens but it’s only a game and a virtual currency. I can buy or amass more in various content.

There might be better ways to gift. Some of you already identified flaws in my idea.

Some might have a better way to gift and if KABAM wants to make changes, good.

If not, the current system works, with flaws, but works. It’s like parry. It works. A bit wonky.
    Alado1977 said:

Thank you all for the feedback but I never intended this to become a debate between gift versus trade.

The scam happened. I’m to blame even if I took all the normal precautions. I’ve created an expectation on some return and got nothing. It happens but it’s only a game and a virtual currency. I can buy or amass more in various content.

There might be better ways to gift. Some of you already identified flaws in my idea.

Some might have a better way to gift and if KABAM wants to make changes, good.

If not, the current system works, with flaws, but works. It’s like parry. It works. A bit wonky.

Yeah that dude in your alliance will get what’s coming to him. Atleast you’re trying to minimize scamming which nobody can get mad at.
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 573 ★★★
    Well, good luck next time, Gift is not trade.
  • Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    While I agree that this situation sucks for the OP and their alliance mates that got scammed, this is easily avoidable even when trading with people that you "know."

When someone posts in chat that they have x number GGCs to trade, I'm not sending to them until I've received the promised amount. After all, they were the one initiating the exchange in the first place.