**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Phoenix - Chaining specials broken [More Info Needed]

Captain_CaymanCaptain_Cayman Posts: 62
edited October 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
90% of the time, especially against harder content, it is not possible to chain a special 1 or 2 onto a MLLLM combo with Phoenix. The AI recovers too quickly and blocks it.

It should be possible to chain specials as with other champions. It is ridiculous that this is still an issue considering how many times the problems of chaining specials onto combos has been raised recently.

Please fix ASAP.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    I have added a video showing the problem. You will see that the opponent AI recovers too quickly and parries the special after the combo. Video shows both special 1 and special 2.

Video link below
    https://youtu.be/iQQ0Ljq3s-4
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Captain_Cayman. Sorry that you're getting some issues when trying to chain into specials. Can you please let me know you device and OS version? Thanks!
  • Options
    ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    You're not letting her 6th hit register, try that to see if it can fix your problem.
  • Options
    Captain_CaymanCaptain_Cayman Posts: 62
    edited October 2017
    Thanks @Kabam Wolf

This video was recorded on an iPad Mini 3, iOS version 11.0.3.
    I also play on an iPhone 5S (also iOS 11.0.3) and often experience the same issues.
  • Options
    @ForumGuy I see what you're saying. Just tried adjusting the timing for the last double-hit and it is still inconsistent - sometimes works, sometimes still getting blocked. It's also annoying to adjust play rhythm for one character.

IMO, triggering the special should not interrupt the animation for the final M attack, else it throws normal play timing off. The press of the special button should register, but the final combo attack should complete before the special animation kicks-in. Alternatively the AI should see this interruption caused by activating the special as a continuation of the combo/final attack and not be able to recover/interrupt.
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    It's the same thing with any champ that has a double hit as the last medium of a 5 hit combo, such as Moonknight. This is not a glitch, it's just an issue of improving your timing.

I use Phoenix all the time and have no problem chaining specials from a MLLLM combo