Champion Spotlight - Blade

edited October 2017 in Champion Spotlights
When Eric Brooks' mother was killed during his birth by a bloodthirsty vampire, the newborn Brooks' blood was infused with vampiric enzymes.This event turned him into a Dhampir, a hybrid human/vampire, possessing the powers of a vampire like immortality, but none of their weaknesses. Eventually becoming known as Blade, he has the ability to sense supernatural phenomenon, enabling him to identify Dimensional Beings and quickly react to incoming threats, making him effective at hunting the most powerful beings in the Battlerealm.

Base Stats & Abilities
*All stats based on 4 Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 14444
Attack: 1317
Max PI:
Without Signature: 3810
With Signature (99): 4683

Character Class: Skill

Basic Abilities: Power Gain, Danger Sense, Bleed

When nearby Bleeding Opponents
For every stack of Bleed on the opponent, Blade generates 7% of a Bar of Power per second.

Passive:
When against Dimensional Beings, Danger Sense activates and grants Blade 1053.6 Attack Rating while also reducing the opponent's Ability Accuracy by 40%. This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Beings’ Immunities.
Blade’s immune system attacks alien substances, shrugging off Debuffs up to 95% faster based on current Power.

Well Timed Blocks:
100% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 395.1 Direct Damage over 2 seconds.

Special 1: Go for the Head and the Heart - A powerful sword and glaive attack, inflicting deep wounds upon the opponent.
Inflicts Bleed, dealing 1317 Direct Damage over 10 seconds.

Special 2: Safety's Off - This fast multi-hit sword art finishes with a blast from Blade's machine pistol.
This attack receives 2000 additional Critical Rating.
Inflicts Bleed on Critical Hits, dealing 230.48 Direct Damage per stack over 1 second. For each Bleed inflicted, Blade instantly generates 8% of a Bar of Power.

Special 3: Day Walker’s Wrath - Blade throws both his glaives in an arc and immediately starts to strike his opponent with his sword, allowing for just enough time for his glaives to return and land the finishing blow.
Inflicts 3 stacks of Bleed, each dealing 1843.8 Direct Damage over 13 seconds.
70% chance to Stun for 3 seconds.

Signature Ability: Vampiric Immortality - Blade consumes his own Power to recover from injuries at amazing rates.
When Holding Block while below 70% Health, Blade’s healing factor allows him to recover 722.2 Health for the cost of 50~30% of a Bar of Power per second.

Synergy Bonuses

Spirit of Justice
Blade: Danger Sense bonuses expand to include all Villain Champions.
Ghost Rider: +50% chance to place a Judgment.

Demon Hunter
Blade: Danger Sense bonuses expand to include all Mystic Champions.
Mephisto, Dormammu: Opponent's Energy Resistance is reduced by 30%

Heightened Senses
Blade: +45% Potency for Danger Sense Bonuses (Based on Base Values of Danger Sense)
Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced): Starts the fight with 3 Poise charges.

Recommended Masteries

Deep Wounds
Blade’s Well Timed Block and Special 2 Attacks can inflict a lot of short duration Bleeds and Deep Wounds will greatly enhance their damage.

Recovery
Blade’s Signature Ability and Recovery will allow him to regain more Health while still paying the same amount of Power per second.

Courage
Blade can precisely control the amount of Health he has while below 70% Health, making it easier to stay just below the 50% Health range and benefiting from Courage’s Attack Rating increase.

Strengths

Magik
Blade’s Danger Sense will always activate against Dimensional Beings, reducing their opponent’s Ability Accuracy while also granting Blade a huge attack increase. This means Magik’s Limbo will activate less frequently in a fight.

Archangel
Blade is able to reduce the potency and duration of Debuffs based on how much Power he has, making it a great counter against Champions that rely heavily on Debuffs in order to inflict most of their damage.

Mystic Champions and Villain Champions
- Blade’s Synergies allows him to activate Danger Sense against all Mystic and Villain Champions in The Contest. Watch out for your opponent's Champion Tags!

Weaknesses

Dormammu and Iceman
Any opponents that are immune to Bleed will greatly reduce Blade’s damage output and make him unable to gain Power when nearby Bleeding opponents.

Civil Warrior and Scarlet Witch
Heal Block will neutralize Blade’s Signature Ability Regeneration aspect but Blade will still pay the Power cost.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    "This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Beings’ Immunities."

What does this means? Can he inflict bleed on Ghost Rider or something?

Also, his prestige is too high. Is this intended?

Yes I hate when they don't clarify things. What does that possibly mean?
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    So he really has a higher prestige than Thanos or is it another prestige mistake during spotlight ?
  • JerzyJerzy Posts: 35
    So which prestige is correct. This one or the one you posted on Facebook?
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 388 ★★★
    Is blade able to reduce mephisto's ability?
  • DegirmenciogluDegirmencioglu Posts: 93
    edited October 2017
    Go to the team and get clarification before you reply because if it’s not what people want answered this will be a mad house.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »

It means that if a dimensional being has an immunity to Passive Ability Accuracy Reduction, Blade will ignore that. So, for example, Mephisto's signature ability is immunity to passive ability accuracy modifications, but Blade will ignore that with Danger Sense.

Checking on the PI right now.
  • Even better question will he be able to reduce Mordo ability accuracy?
  • trey92008trey92008 Posts: 96
    Will his 5* crystal be dropped 10/26 as well?
    Mordo isn't a dimensional being, but i am guessing if he has the Mephisto synergy he should be able to
  • Jerzy wrote: »

It was the one on Facebook. I've corrected the PI numbers in this post as well now.
    Does the Stark Spider synergy increase attack and ability reduction by 45% or just attack?
  • edited October 2017
    Rotelly wrote: »
    Does the Stark Spider synergy increase attack and ability reduction by 45% or just attack?

It affect both, but it's 45% of the base value, not additive. So, it will be 58%, not 85%.

Adding that to the post as well!
  • Even better question will he be able to reduce Mordo ability accuracy?
    According to the Demon Hunter Synergy, yes, he will be able to do that.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »

It means that if a dimensional being has an immunity to Passive Ability Accuracy Reduction, Blade will ignore that. So, for example, Mephisto's signature ability is immunity to passive ability accuracy modifications, but Blade will ignore that with Danger Sense.

Checking on the PI right now.

Thanks for the clarification.
    One more thing. That ability to ignore immunities is not listed in his ingame abilities, only here in the spotlight
    Why is his prestige so low?
  • DeeparviDeeparvi Posts: 82
    Jerzy wrote: »

It was the one on Facebook. I've corrected the PI numbers in this post as well now.

SO @Kabam Miike.. Ur corrected prestige for blade now brings him lower than Howard the duck in the overall prestige chart... R u serious.. Champ with the
    Great utility and u lowered his PI... Please look into this and get it changed..
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728
    Deeparvi wrote: »
    Jerzy wrote: »

SO @Kabam Miike.. Ur corrected prestige for blade now brings him lower than Howard the duck in the overall prestige chart... R u serious.. Champ with the
    Great utility and u lowered his PI... Please look into this and get it changed..

That's usually what happens. Either the champ is trash with a higher prestige (like Carnage and Phoenix when she first was released) or they're great champs with lower prestige like Iceman and now Blade.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728
    Here’s a question that might sound silly but I have to ask anyway. The attack rating that is granted by Danger Sense is passive right? It’s not like a fury buff that can be nullified or converted to poison or anything right? Forgive my paranoia.
    Is the passive attack gain impacted by the weaken debuffs in 5.3?
    Why isn't there a 5* spotlight also? Since we have the new featured crystals for 300 units we don't even know the stats of what we are going for. That doesn't make any sense at all.
  • what will be blade’s cutt off for the arean?
    Savaj25 wrote: »
    what will be blade’s cutt off for the arean?

35 Million
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 232
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Why isn't there a 5* spotlight also? Since we have the new featured crystals for 300 units we don't even know the stats of what we are going for. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Totally agree. I think the time that this should have become common practice passed months ago.
  • Draco2199 wrote: »

35 Million

I don’t think that’s possible.............
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 322 ★★★
    While I am glad that Blade's Danger Sense has the ability to reduce the abilities of heroes that have ability reduction immunity, I'm concerned about how this will impact an already complex system of interactions between champion abilities. That sentence alone took me a minute to phrase correctly. The implications on players being able to understand the game systems based on what limited information we are given in the actual game is going to be compromised if these kinds of abilities are given to more champions in the future.

So far anything presented as an immunity has been absolute - Ex. Bleed immunity means your champion will never bleed. This is a simple and reliable system. Seems like we already need two types of immunity with the introduction of Blade's Danger Sense, regular immunity and absolute immunity, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the word immunity doesn't it?

I just hope we don't end up with a system where multiple champions have immunities that are then overridden by other champions abilities which they themselves may be overridden by again by a future champion trying to counter them...that would be a mess.
  • Curious, I thought blade was given the auto-block passive? Meaning he was able to auto block any attacks made while he is dashing towards the opponent.

I’m sure I read that somewhere about him, or did you guys take it away and give it to someone like Thor Ragnarok?
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 977 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »

35 Million

I don’t think that’s possible.............

Someone has racked up 11m in 1 day (Sunday arena) so if that person put the effort in over 3 days he could easily hit 33-38m

csd9li0n896a.jpg

This guy said that was good enough for 4th in that arena. But for that to be the bottom score/cutoff does seem unlikely.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 977 ★★★
    So far anything presented as an immunity has been absolute - Ex. Bleed immunity means your champion will never bleed. This is a simple and reliable system. Seems like we already need two types of immunity with the introduction of Blade's Danger Sense, regular immunity and absolute immunity, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the word immunity doesn't it?

I don't think his danger sense removes bleed immunity. This was taken from the first post
    Weaknesses

Dormammu and Iceman
    Any opponents that are immune to Bleed will greatly reduce Blade’s damage output and make him unable to gain Power when nearby Bleeding opponents.

So that tells me that his danger sense won't remove bleed immunity since Dorm is a dimensional being and his danger sense works on dimensional beings
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,416 ★★★★
    While I am glad that Blade's Danger Sense has the ability to reduce the abilities of heroes that have ability reduction immunity, I'm concerned about how this will impact an already complex system of interactions between champion abilities. That sentence alone took me a minute to phrase correctly. The implications on players being able to understand the game systems based on what limited information we are given in the actual game is going to be compromised if these kinds of abilities are given to more champions in the future.

I just hope we don't end up with a system where multiple champions have immunities that are then overridden by other champions abilities which they themselves may be overridden by again by a future champion trying to counter them...that would be a mess.

A bleed immune champ will never be able to bleed lol, think your getting confused about the ability reduction. It's not a case of making gr bleed, it's like making magiks limbo not work.