**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kingpin

Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 684 ★★★
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
For all you Kingpin players, how is he without synergies? I got him awakened and is wondering how good he is without the Hood synergy.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    OlivOliv Posts: 9
    He is the type of champ that you can play without synergies, definetly worth the rank up, especially awakened.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Kingpin's still good without Hood. He still has access to most of his Debuff conversion, has effectively constant healing due to permanent Rage Debuffs if you are running Willpower and is just an absolute tank. His attack rating and power rate still go up if you have Debuffs on you.

Unless there's something specific node related, don't worry too much about the reduced Regen Rate (unlike someone like DDHK). It can catch you out sometimes but for most of the time is not an issue.

With Hood though, yes you're right OP he goes up another level. Whilst there is a.cooldown on the Debuff conversion in the base kit, it's only as minor hindrance.

He's my go to champion these days. He doesn't do everything but he does a lot. I don't own a 6* NF so Kingpin will almost certainly be my first 6* R3.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    He's still amazing without sig. But hood is needed if you absolutely need to get rid of debuffs
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    Two things: if you don't have Hood, nowadays Joe Fixit is a great alternative.

And Kingpin is an absolute beast, even without any synergy, even unawakened.