**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Knull or Ikaris to rank 3?

SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
So. Last night I got Knull and Ikaris from featured. I have resources to take one of them to rank 3 and awaken. But I’m not sure on how to choose.
I have thought Knull all the time but now everyone keeps saying “ikaris is sooo good and useful”. I’ve played around a bit but can’t really see ikaris greatness. So I must be missing something.

So pls help a confused mind.
Knull or ikaris and why?

Comments

• Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Try out both in general content at r1, take up whichever one you enjoy. Ikaris does get new utility on his dupe, Knull mostly gets speed
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    I feel not a lot of people know that Ikarus was bugged since release. He was reapplying his incinerates with every hit of the sp1 which was causing massive burst damage that is hard to see unless you knew what you were looking for because he does apply a lot of incinerates at once. I’ve heard many people say Sersi is better than Ikarus and I have also seen multiple people put Knull in the top 10 of not just cosmic champs but all classes. I don’t own any as 5 or 6* so I haven’t got to play with any of those champs but personally I would rank 3 knull. He is the God of symbiotes after all!
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Knull.

I don't know much about Ikaris but i know knull can do more and is a better overall cosmic.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Skiddy212 said:

Knull.

I don't know much about Ikaris but i know knull can do more and is a better overall cosmic.

Also, where does it say ikaris is good and useful? i have not seen this and would love to know about him
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,282 ★★★★
    Yeah looking at their kits (not having played them), it seems that Ikaris is just Energy damage + Immunities, while Knull has so many more things he can do. I guess it depends how great the Energy damage part of it to Ikaris is, but on the face of it Knull seems like the right choice for ranking at least.

Not sure if Knull needs the awakening; that Cosmic could be better saved for a champ that definitely needs it.