**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do The Back Issues need a Rewards need a buff?

Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
Variant rewards haven’t seemed to have aged too well with the current year, as now selectors exist and choice over RNG is a big factor for all if they wish to push for exploration. So I wanted to ask the forums what they think should happen with the future of back issues themselves?

Do The Back Issues need a Rewards need a buff? 69 votes

Yes, Buff Variant Rewards. Keep the difficulty the same.
42%
FitnesscwcausticHilldarJakearoundRaichu626Little_Crocodili29Bigmf99NapaHeroDisgruntled_User_123GarrettNKillswitch01FiiNCHDoctorwho13FolksdefenderPhatmanflexAPTbOM2015DontsellthemFerahgoScrubhanBigBlueOx 29 votes
Yes, Buff Variant Rewards. Up the difficulty.
18%
The_PushPwf57arsjumScopeotoe987RockyshockyWine_LoverKrishna24Zan0SkyLord7000DrDrillLucifirewhyme_why6The_man001 13 votes
Yes, Add a New difficulty to back issues to increase rewards.
2%
Duo_KulioŁŤÇ 2 votes
No, keep the back issues the same, they’re fine the way it is.
36%
RaganatorHort4KDoggg2017ccrider474Total_Domin01CassyLiss_Bliss_DonnymeijWicket329KerneasEgretM4Reverend_RuckusColonaut123HavanaknightJollyHawkBlackshadow0203SpideyFunkoXguard77MerseysideRedCosmicGoatRider 25 votes

Comments

• I wish they'd buff it so I stopped getting tech rank up gems from them...so many tech gems
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Really it depends on whether they’re going to try and double down on the “this isn’t end game content anymore” rhetoric and yet still make it difficult enough for some end gamers to say that it’s too much for what they’re trying to say it is.

If the difficulty stays similar to V8 or harder, then increase the rewards to match it. If it returns to an easier variant level of difficulty then outside of offering 2018 or even 2019 rank up gems, then I’d be fine for it to stay basically the same reward wise.

But they have to choose what they want it to be and target that demographic appropriately. Either it’s for end gamers, or it’s for mid progression, and should reward correctly for their difficulty.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Tbf selectors were introduced around Act 6, so it's not like Variants have the random "outdated" crystals, that were replaced by selectors later.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    I agree with DrZola.

The rank up gems can stay for 5* champs, but let's be real, at this point most of us are almost out of "classic champs" to R4.
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 517 ★★★
    Definitely remove the lame restriction. Why is it even there.... I just had one expire in my stash. -.-
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Any new variants should have buffed rewards, but the rest are fine as is.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Yes, Buff Variant Rewards. Keep the difficulty the same.
    The difficulty is fine for what the content is meant to be. The rewards on the other hand arent