Champion Spotlight - Captain America (Sam Wilson)
Kabam Zibiit Posts: 6,981Administrator ›
edited February 2022 in Champion Spotlights
About Captain America (Sam Wilson)
Sam Wilson, formerly known as the Falcon, took the mantle of Captain America when his friend and mentor Steve Rogers went into retirement. At first Sam gave the Shield away, believing that the legacy belonged to Steve alone, but when world peace and stability was threatened by Super Soldiers, he decided to accept the title of Captain America and make a stand for what he believed was right.
Captain America’s Mechanics
Captain America (Sam Wilson) wants to remain Locked-On the Opponent for as long and as often as possible. Locked-On pauses the Debuffs from his Special 1 which helps keep the Debuffs up all the way to Special 2. Armor Ups also increase the damage of his Special 2, so he also wants to make sure to build up as many of those as possible to maximize the potential damage of a Special 2 attack.
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||40065||2965||13700|
Character Class: Tech
Basic Abilities: Armor, Auto-Block, Power Drain, Rupture
- Cannot Critically Hit
- Captain America inflicts Ruptures instead of doing normal Crits, therefore the Opponent cannot trigger any critical counter measures against him.
- Defense against Specials
- Special Attacks are less threatening to him since he reduces the Opponent’s Special damage with a Cowardice Passive and he has a chance to Auto-Block Special Attacks. This Auto-Block triggers Parry.
- When this Buff is active, not only does his Block Proficiency increase but his Opponents have -100% Ability Accuracy when hitting Captain America’s block, this allows him to bypass nodes that punish Parry.
- Armor Break
- His Special 2 damage is proportional to his Armor Rating, if his Armor is reduced so is the damage from the Special Attacks.
- True Strike
- True Strike bypasses his Auto-Block and ignores his extra Armor, essentially bypassing all his defenses.
- As a defender, the Disorient Debuff won’t allow Captain America to build up Armor Ups and consequently his Auto-Blocks won’t trigger.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- When Attacking or when Hit by Basic Attacks, 30% chance to gain an Armor Up Buff, increasing Armor Rating by 300, lasting indefinitely up to 5 stacks. Additional stacks last for 10 second(s). This Buff turns into a Passive when nullified by something other than Armor Break.
- While Armor Up is active, Captain America can trigger the Parry Mastery against non-contact attacks and he can block Unblockable Specials from mutants.
- Each Armor Up reduces the Opponent’s Bleed Ability Accuracy by 25%.
- 10% chance per Armor Up effect to Auto-Block incoming Special Attacks, up to 75%. This Auto-Block counts as a Well-Timed Block and removes all personal Armor Ups.
- Auto-Block Chance is also increased by 25% per Prowess effect on the Opponent. This chance is capped at 100% while the Opponent has Prowess.
- Captain America cannot land Critical hits naturally, however every time he would have landed a Critical Hit he inflicts an instant Rupture, dealing Physical Damage. This ability scales with Critical Damage Rating.
- Ruptures also inflict a Sapped Charge that lasts for 15 second(s), or indefinitely as a Defender. Consume all charges when reaching 25 stack(s), and replace them with a Power Drain Passive, draining 50% of the Opponent's Power over 15 second(s).
Recon Scan - Redwing:
- Dodging back and holding Block for 1.2 second(s), inflicts a Lock-On charge for 16 second(s), but pauses on his Specials. Once Lock-On ends, it goes on Cooldown for 12 second(s). As a Defender, Cap inflicts a Lock-On Charge in 16 second(s) if not Locked-On.
- When entering Lock-On, Cap passively inflicts Cowardice for the duration of Lock-On, reducing Special Attack damage by 40%.
- While Locked-On, Cap gains 900 Critical Rating and his attacks cannot Miss
- Striking the Opponent while Locked-On pauses Sapped Charges for 5 second(s).
On a Heavy or Intercept:
- Consume an Armor Up Buff and gain a non-stacking Bulwark Buff, increasing Block Proficiency by 900 for 15 second(s). While this Buff is active, Opponents have -100% Ability Accuracy when hitting Captain America’s block.
| Special 1 - Fly by Attack:
| Special 2 - Airstrike:
| Special 3 - Master of the Sky
| Signature Ability - Vibranium Enhanced Exo-8 Falcon
White Wolf - Unique (5-Start and up) - - with Winter Soldier
- #Avengers: At the start of the fight gain the following Buffs, all lasting 10 second(s). Fury Buff, granting 800 Attack Rating; Precision Buff, granting 400 Critical Rating; Cruelty Buff, granting 800 Critical Damage Rating.
- Winter Soldier: Special Attacks have a percentage chance equal to the number of hits in the Combo Meter to gain a True Strike Buff during Special Attacks.
On Your Left - Unique (3-Star and up) - With Captain America (Infinity War), Captain America (WWII)
- Captain America (Sam Wilson): On Well-Timed Blocks gain a Fury Buff, increasing Attack Rating by 13%. Fury has no duration but it is removed when hit or on a non Well-Timed Block. Max 5 stacks.
- Captain America (Infinity War), Captain America (WWII): On a Well-Timed Block, inflict a Stagger Debuff that lasts for 10 second(s). The Staggered Opponent has their next Buff Nullified. Max 2 Stacks.
Expectations - Unique (4-Star and up) - with Warmachine
Captain America (Sam Wilson): Special 1 inflicts a Heal Block Debuff, preventing the Opponent from recovering Health for 15 second(s).
Warmachine: Ruptures from Special 1 have their Ability Accuracy and Duration increased by 25% flat.
Bird Telepathy - Unique (5-Star and up) - With Sauron, Darkhawk, Falcon
- Captain America (Sam Wilson), Falcon: Opponent Combat Power Rate is decreased by 40% while Lock-On is on a Cooldown.
- Darkhawk: Each hit of Special 1 has a 10% chance to refresh the current active mode.
- Sauron: When performing a Well-Timed Block, 30% chance gain a Physical Resistance Buff. If there are more Physical Resistance Buffs than Energy Resistance, gain Energy Resistance instead. These Buffs increase their corresponding Resistance by +520 and last for 10 second(s)
Who The Hell Are You? - Unique (3-Star and up) - With Ant-Man
- Captain America (Sam Wilson): Increase the effect of Armor Ups by 15%.
- Ant-Man: Each hit of the Special 1 has a 100% Chance to place a Fatigue Debuff on the Opponent. The Last hit on the Special pauses all Fatigue Debuffs for 20 seconds.
- This Mastery improves Captain America’s already substantial ability to reduce incoming damage from Special attacks.
Post edited by Kabam Boo on
For example, if it was nullified and thus converted to a Passive Armor Up, can you still parry non-contact attacks, or use your Heavy to convert it into a Bulwark buff?
The old version uses standard US Military Tech (circa "Captain America: The Winter Soldier"), which is basically steel alloy, so #Metal.
Parry non-contact attacks
AAR on block
No Critical Hits
Power Control through either aggressive play or parrying aggressive opponents
Autoblock (especially Vs high-prowess mutants)
I think I'll be happy in the (admittedly unlikely) event of pulling him from a Featured Crystal.
Normal falcon is now a god
Civil warrior is okay
Cap ww2 is a noodle
Classic Cap is a noodle
Falcon cap is a noodle
Mabey its the shield that makes them a noodle
Sam Wilson capt is a pure noodle dud. Lame
Check Seatin recent video Sam Wilson captain is major disappointment
Over 200 hits for a 6* rank 3 to take down ROL winter soldier? What is this garbage adjudt his attack stats that's ridiculous. What a waste of resources
Redwing Lock-On lasts 2 second(s) longer, Attack Rating is increased by 920.41 and allows Captain America to inflict Ruptures from Special 2 through blocks.
Is the attack increase and the ability to inflict a rupture through block only active while redwing is locked on? Or is it a permanent effect?
The way it reads is permanent.
It hurts, too! I quickly learned to avoid pushing him to SP2 when he was Locked On, or getting close to it.